Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 04:59:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsTigSource Writing Competition: ####punk [CLOSED!]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Author Topic: TigSource Writing Competition: ####punk [CLOSED!]  (Read 79032 times)
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2008, 12:52:35 PM »

Also, Xion, your story is a teensy bit too long by my count (25 words). Could you cut it down to 1,000?
fixed

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: September 02, 2008, 02:57:43 PM »

2. (Harder) Create a website with a page for each story, and a left navigation that switches between them.
The first TIGSource forum posting will have a link to each story on this website.
I think this is a good idea and wouldn't be hard if you used one of the free blog sites.

I can set something like that up on TIGSource.  Let me know, chutup!  If you make the poll, I can link to it from that page.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2008, 11:36:37 PM »

I think that would be quite a fine idea, Derek. What would you like me to do to help accomplish this?

MekanikDestructiwKommando
Level 3

Let's ROCK!

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2008, 06:29:27 PM »

earlier in the compo
i was imagining a strange website called
blankpunk. (hostingsite).com
where tigsource writers wrote
and assigned tags
to create a #####punk collection on the internet
 WTF

edit:

http://blankpunk.blogspot.com/
Would anyone like to form an internet #### writers group? I can send invites so we can all post.. we could work to say, post one or two stories a week.. any PUNK.
And.. adsense for profit sharing? (eek)
 WTF

edit2:

chutup you should write some elephant punk  Evil
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 06:41:46 PM by MekanikDestructiwKommando » Logged

There have always been interactive experiences that go beyond entertainment.  For example, if mafia games are too fun for you, then you can always join the mafia.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2008, 11:03:13 PM »

What? Why elephant punk?

I am writing a sort-of magicpunk story right now though.

Renton
« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2008, 12:00:51 AM »

I'd like to be in the said group when formed.
Pacian
Text Heavy
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2008, 12:30:48 AM »

I'd be happy to contribute, when I don't have like ten projects on the go and eyestrain.   Tired

(\ /)
(O.o) - Achtung, baby!
(> <)
Level 3

Let's ROCK!

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 05, 2008, 02:24:24 AM »

Beer!
PM me e-mail addresses! Let's get this rolling!

There have always been interactive experiences that go beyond entertainment.  For example, if mafia games are too fun for you, then you can always join the mafia.
dmoonfire
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2008, 06:41:12 AM »

Might work slightly better as a limited editor wiki instead of a blog. Just because its easier to make indexes for wikis than blogs.
Level 3

Let's ROCK!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2008, 06:54:41 AM »

Might work slightly better as a limited editor wiki instead of a blog. Just because its easier to make indexes for wikis than blogs.
tags tags tags. tag with authorname, punk style, the month, the year, win  Gentleman

dmoonfire
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: September 05, 2008, 07:03:45 AM »

Oh yeah, and tags for the contest if there is one. You can do it on a blog, but I think a wiki is a more appropriate format for long-term storage of stories. And the "limited editor" is to limit the spam engines of destruction.

A mediawiki site would work, but I don't know if a dokuwiki (that's what I've been switching to for my own writing sites) because the tags aren't that friendly. I mostly use dokuwiki because it likes OpenID (yummy) and doesn't need a database (useful). But, the tags are closer to "dmoonfire" instead of "D. Moonfire". MediaWiki will let you do the "D. Moonfire" tag and then have a group of http://blankpunk.com/Category:D._Moonfire as a category group.

If you figure out what you want, and need a host, I can do reasonable hosting in one of my domains (and you can use a CNAME to map it there).
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 05, 2008, 07:12:55 AM »

I've just recently registered a Wiki as a sort-of homepage for myself at http://www.wikidot.com/. Their Wiki engine is insanely powerful, it's actually powerful enough to do a Blog-within-a-Wiki. You could definitely do all you need there.
dmoonfire
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: September 05, 2008, 07:20:46 AM »

I could get behind a wikidot community site for *punk.
Level 3

Let's ROCK!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 05, 2008, 11:24:55 PM »

Well, sounds like a wiki might be better? I was thinking blog because with each new post, automatically updates so readers can keep up without having to search or browse @ all.

muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 06, 2008, 02:49:35 AM »

Well, sounds like a wiki might be better? I was thinking blog because with each new post, automatically updates so readers can keep up without having to search or browse @ all.

You can have a page with recently added articles on a Wiki too, or even have them in the sidebar.
dmoonfire
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: September 06, 2008, 03:00:25 PM »

Not entirely sure how to organize it, but I got bored and created a wikidot site for punk stories. Threw my two ones up there to figure out how I would arrange it. Opinions, of course, would be appreciated.

http://blankpunk.wikidot.com/

To join, you need the secret password of TianFup8. I know, its a secret and everything. Not like anyone can just get in and guess that, but oh well, at least we can see if it works.
Cymon
Level 9

Computer Kid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: September 07, 2008, 06:33:02 AM »

To join, you need the secret password of TianFup8. I know, its a secret and everything. Not like anyone can just get in and guess that, but oh well, at least we can see if it works.
Maybe you should put a page on the wiki with that information.

Cymon's Games, free source code, tutorials, and a new game every week!
Follow me on twitter
Level 3

Let's ROCK!

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 07, 2008, 04:26:34 PM »

Not entirely sure how to organize it, but I got bored and created a wikidot site for punk stories. Threw my two ones up there to figure out how I would arrange it. Opinions, of course, would be appreciated.

http://blankpunk.wikidot.com/

<3 YAY. WE HAVE US A SITE.
(p.s. *maybe* you should take down the password from the forum and PM it to peeps instead? esp if the wiki links to this site O_o)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 04:35:41 PM by MekanikDestructiwKommando » Logged

dmoonfire
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: September 07, 2008, 04:43:18 PM »

In my experience, spammers typically go for the low-hanging fruit of spamming (*sigh* like my blog) instead of places that require you to actually read something to get the password. Besides, I can always change it later, but for the time being, its "good enough" as I see it.

I still need to get the rest of the stories up, but I'm very slow this weekend and seriously tired of writing or editing (working on the site theme for my own stuff and doing a commissioned story). I'll try to get 5-8 more done tomorrow, unless someone wants to jump up and enter the rest (or just your own).

There is voting, I don't know if anyone wants to use it, on the wiki. I just enabled the simple +1 version, not the (+1 or -1). We can also use a poll here also, everyone's choice. I'll putz around more later, but now... I need to try finishing Enchanted Arms (I'm on the married person's schedule of game playing).
Level 3

Let's ROCK!

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 07, 2008, 07:22:36 PM »

Sample theme looks sweet. Like the colors (esp white background.. fits with blank punk). Awesome! I'll challenge myself to write some more punk stories tonight, haven't written fiction in a week or so  WTF

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic