Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 02:54:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid WorkFellow Tigsters! Music Needed
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Fellow Tigsters! Music Needed  (Read 3203 times)
Mega
Level 1

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2012, 04:33:13 PM »

I'm looking for a musician who has the confidence to compose epic music rivaling "two steps from hell" and "position music" et al. If this sound like you then pm me or post here or link me to some samples.  So long as you're less than 'atleast' $3000 per needle drop!! yikes!  smh Epileptic
JackMenhorn
Level 2

Sound Designer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 05:33:07 PM »

You can find samples of my work and my resume on www.jackmenhorn.com

PM me if interested!

Sound Designer<br />www.jackmenhorn.com

Nova-111 OST: https://jackmenhorn.bandcamp.com/album/nova-111
MoritzPGKatz
Level 3

"Was he an animal, that music could move him so?"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 07:26:07 PM »

Hello there,

Sounds like a challenge - would love to hear more!

Check out my website for previous work.

Alternatively, you can listen to my reel directly on SoundCloud.

Thanks and best wishes. Gentleman

Arcadian Atlas now on Steam!
>120 minute jazz OST on my Bandcamp
Vinyl pre-orders available
Head of Music at German Wahnsinn Studios
Mega
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 05:38:06 AM »

You can find samples of my work and my resume on www.jackmenhorn.com

PM me if interested!

The link is down
BubblePipeMedia
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 09:21:08 AM »

I made a quick orchestral set for you, which you can find here http://snd.sc/AqyO9U . You can check out more at my soundcloud page and website, bubblepipemedia.com . Email me at NHC at Bubblepipemedia.com if interested!

Mega
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 10:19:24 AM »

Johnny M,
"Before The Dawn" is absolutely 10 star, I will be using it.
Do you mind if I post a link to it here to show the style I'm after. The music is primarily is for cinematic in a space epic. 5 tracks are needed. (..4 now hopefully)

edit: I will comment/pm later on the other tracks I've visited "each".
Thanks!
Calum Bowen
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 10:51:38 AM »

PM'd you Mega.
Hope you can find what you're looking for.

Mega
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 07:53:01 PM »

Calum, why was the vn project cancelled??   Blossoming Insanity is insane! a masterpeice. though not for this purpose.
In fact just about every second track on the album is top grade. from number 6 onward were you saying something with the track titles? Smiley
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 08:06:37 PM by Mega » Logged
Mega
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2012, 05:35:49 AM »

Thank you for the feedback all. I am seeking a composer with a lot of power and or sentiment.. but preferably power.  I've found a few.
Pardon me for not replying , if I haven't. Please if you would be so kind I'd love to hear further samples. 

As for contacting you, the stages are to map the music to the scenes and see if they work, then contact you to hear your fee.

Thank you for the responses thus far!   
Calum Bowen
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2012, 09:00:43 AM »

VN Project was cancelled due to inactivity of other contributors! It went on for a very long time. It's sad when such things happen but I was glad to have made this music. Thank you for the complements mega! Haha, well the titles were made up by the director of the project so perhaps I wasn't saying something but something was being said by someone.

I am finding your screening process a little confusing. Please contact me (PM here or email [email protected]) if you wish me to make a specific request for new music or to use any of the samples I have sent you.

I await your response.

Good luck with your search.

oganalp
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2012, 01:44:31 PM »

Greetings =)

I hope I am not grave digging. You can also check some of my work at www.oganalp.com , from album recordings to game soundtracks.

Sincerely;

Oganalp

www.oganalp.com - Composer, Singer.
Mega
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2012, 08:24:38 PM »

..screening process a little confusing...

It's just that I want to avoid putting the burden on an artist to say, "here make a track for this" I want to see if the track already exists in its pure perfected form. And then seek the permissions to use it. This has happened and is highly possible.
If at the very least to edit slightly.  I know what I'm after avec le precision.
The game too is malleable so it can be flexed to fit a given track if needed.

right now I have an xml table of all the tracks and their appropriateness on a scale for the scene and what I'll need to do.

I've found 3 of the 5 needed.  A bit unorthodox perhaps... but the payment and credits will be very orthodox.. Wizard
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 08:33:17 PM by Mega » Logged
MoritzPGKatz
Level 3

"Was he an animal, that music could move him so?"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2012, 02:32:05 AM »

I'd be worried about sound consistency when acquiring tracks from different musicians - and you can't beat customized music that's inspired by gameplay, story and visuals. I believe that libraries and pitching processes like this belong in advertisements, though there is a worrying trend towards this in VGM as well.

Just my € 0.02 as an artist who loves the burden of "Here make a track for this".

Arcadian Atlas now on Steam!
>120 minute jazz OST on my Bandcamp
Vinyl pre-orders available
Head of Music at German Wahnsinn Studios
Mega
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2012, 05:11:03 AM »

I'd be worried about sound consistency when acquiring tracks from different musicians - and you can't beat customized music that's inspired by gameplay, story and visuals...

This is a true concern but after reviewing the work I'm sure it would be 'appropriate' if done properly.  Think of it as being similar to how some games (like mario or sonic the hedgehog) has a different track for each level. and these games have quite a few levels. The major difference is that in those games the levels are all fairly similar, but in my case there might be a wider range of settings/events and so on. So to do a preliminary scout like this is extremely helpful and has its advantage. As a musician I can see how this might be a "worrying trend".  I try to address it by, in the credits outlining the tracks in the order they were used and the corresponding artist, with also a description of what the scene was.

Just my € 0.02 as an artist who loves the burden of "Here make a track for this".
or 20 different artists, all of whom unburdened, potentially making (or having made) "a track for this". But this only works when the designer knows exactly what he's looking for..

EDIT: Ive thought about it and conclude that your right, there's no substitute for a good in house (ie:in project) musician.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 09:34:43 PM by Mega » Logged
Mega
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2012, 06:09:16 PM »

Guys I've made a file of everyone who pm'd or posted. Please allow about two weeks before I know for certain that a track of yours will be used. Then we'll start a round of negotiations.   GiggleWizard | Noir Cool 

Thanks again you guys are SUPER DUPER! I almost didnt start the thread, glad I did - some real gems. 
Indie Scene is the real scene!
Mega
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2012, 09:32:37 PM »

I made a quick orchestral set for you, which you can find here http://snd.sc/AqyO9U . You can check out more at my soundcloud page and website, bubblepipemedia.com . Email me at NHC at Bubblepipemedia.com if interested!

I should thank you since you made it on the fly specifically for this. thanks. 
The first one is a bit cluttered but then that was its style. 
"Teddy" is outstanding!!!
Zillobit has an excellent preclimax
Rise of mutant has good sections.

I'll contact you later. 
SG
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2012, 11:50:54 PM »

I read your description and I thought I might have something suitable.

http://soundcloud.com/sam-garrone/koriaha-epic-choral-action

I can edit it to your fancy (less female vocals, less electric instruments, louder strings, remove sections etc etc) and if you're interested in the track, you will of course receive a much higher quality version. Finally, judging by the rest of the thread, it seems as if you aren't going to need any composers to make any music from scratch, but of course if you do need that, I can do that too.

You can contact me through SoundCloud, PM, or this thread if you're interested.

Mega
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2012, 11:17:10 PM »

I read your description and I thought I might have something suitable.
http://soundcloud.com/sam-garrone/koriaha-epic-choral-action

Thats some big music. Everything was well put together and it was true to form (genre).
One thing, those female vocals sound so .. relaxed.. like they just woke up or watching tv or combing their hair Big Laff maybe thats why you wanted to remove them.

To all: Sorry but there's some major lag time between sampling/browsing the artists tracks (even the hidden ones on your sites Smiley)and actually contacting you. But all tracks are played immediately and placed into a table.

I've only managed to conclude with 2 artists so far.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 11:22:30 PM by Mega » Logged
StauntonLick
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2012, 05:12:26 AM »

Johnny M,
"Before The Dawn" is absolutely 10 star, I will be using it.
Do you mind if I post a link to it here to show the style I'm after. The music is primarily is for cinematic in a space epic. 5 tracks are needed. (..4 now hopefully)

edit: I will comment/pm later on the other tracks I've visited "each".
Thanks!

Thanks very much! Feel free to link to it here if you still want to use it as an example track.

Jonny Martyr <br />Composer & Sound Designer for Games & Film.<br />www.jonnymartyr.com
guneyozsan
Level 0

Guney Ozsan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2012, 05:50:14 PM »

Hi,

I am Guney. I think the tracks in "Orchestral Arrangement" section of my portfolio suits your project. Please check them here: http://guneyozsan.com/composer-portfolio/

Unfortunately these tracks are not available for licensing but it will give an idea of what I can produce for you. If you comment about the songs, which parts fit your needs and which parts you don't want, I can prepare a quick example for you.

Other examples in my portfolio will be irrelevant with your project but they will give an idea of the production quality. "Beat the Funk up in New York" is my latest production and it reflects my recent production level very well. And this one is the latest album that I mixed:
http://soundcloud.com/guneyozsan/timesailor-once-upon-a-time

You can read some other personal details from my portfolio topic in TIG:
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=24161.0

You can contact me here or from guneyozsan (at) gmail.com

Guney Ozsan - Composer & Multimedia Artist
http://www.guneyozsan.com/
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic