Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 07:24:12 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralRon paul
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 41
Print
Author Topic: Ron paul  (Read 65165 times)
JutsBeaumont
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 06, 2012, 12:02:31 PM »

Paul Eres is at least intelligent and has an understanding of the basic facts.
PaleFox
« Reply #321 on: February 06, 2012, 12:03:01 PM »

Paul Eres is at least intelligent and has an understanding of the basic facts.

:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #322 on: February 06, 2012, 12:21:46 PM »

I wonder when intellegence became more important than kindness...

I think it has something to do with all the socially messed up nerds joining together and then making a subculture and excluding everyone else based on the only thing they think they have that not as many others do. The exclusion of others is mainly just what they see as retaliation to those who have exluded them during their teenage years.

I guess this doesnt account for all superiority complexes.

But yeah, instead of being friendly (because I mean, if all the popular kids would have been friendly to them this wouldn't have happened anyway.) they chose to be buttholes and they scum up the world and now regularly piss me off. Because only stupid hurt people hurt people.

Smart hurt people deal with their hurt appropriately and don't spread it around.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 12:51:45 PM by peanutbuttershoes » Logged
Mikademus
Level 10

The Magical Owl

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 06, 2012, 12:46:34 PM »

In fact, by 2010 numbers the average wealth per adult was greater in Sweden than in USA ($244K vs 242K).
What do you mean by "average wealth per adult" exactly; how do you measure that & where do these numbers come from?

The "Credit Suisse Global Wealth Report 2010", especially the section "Wealth distribution pattern", and the "Credit Suisse Wealth Databook".

\\\"There\\\'s a tendency among the press to attribute the creation of a game to a single person,\\\" says Warren Spector, creator of Thief and Deus Ex. --IGN<br />My compilation of game engines for indies
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 06, 2012, 01:16:07 PM »

my biggest problem with liberals is their beady little eyes and the translucent, sideways eyelids they're constantly blinking. the next biggest thing would probably be the straw-like keratin protrusion that grows underneath their second mandible, which they thrust into the skulls of young christians to consume their essence.

the problem with liberals is that they're always trying to "enslave everybody", in their massive hives made out of a mulch composed of my tax dollars and their hardened silken saliva.

until such time as the brain bug is found and defeated, i'll continue to post ludicrous, unsourced idiot shit and baffling arguments born of poor education and social awareness. in an insane world, ron paul is the sanest choice. Would you like to know more?
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 06, 2012, 01:24:29 PM »

My biggest problem with liberals is that they think they can make everyone in their country wealthy and still be competitive in the world market.
Which translates to, what do you prefer? Better average wealth(Capitalism)? Or Better minimum wealth(Liberal)?
The problem with liberals is that they are trying to "save everybody". You can't have 0% crime rate, you can't have 0% poverty. There are always going to be poor people. The question is, are going to run the country as if you can make everyone wealth and eradicate crime? Or are you going to run the country by looking at numbers and statistics and saying things like "Hmm, I am going to put resources to prevent rape, on account of murder. That will get an improvement of 0.5% less violent crimes. I am going to put resources into A, which will make more people poor and more people starve to death, but it will improve the economy in the long run".
I think liberals are not aware that bottom line, those are the kind of decisions people in the office face.
They deal with peoples lives ON AVERAGE, if you try to "save everyone" it's impossible.
I know it sound cold, and I want to have 0% crime and 0% poverty, but it's impossible and the next best thing you can do is to approximate and optimize.

if you believe in the egalitarian ideal you're rendered incapable of using or interpreting statistics. it's been like this since the d&d 9th edition rules, when barbarians were renamed liberals.
i wanna be the guy
« Reply #326 on: February 06, 2012, 02:09:13 PM »

my biggest problem with liberals is their beady little eyes and the translucent, sideways eyelids they're constantly blinking. the next biggest thing would probably be the straw-like keratin protrusion that grows underneath their second mandible, which they thrust into the skulls of young christians to consume their essence.

the problem with liberals is that they're always trying to "enslave everybody", in their massive hives made out of a mulch composed of my tax dollars and their hardened silken saliva.

until such time as the brain bug is found and defeated, i'll continue to post ludicrous, unsourced idiot shit and baffling arguments born of poor education and social awareness. in an insane world, ron paul is the sanest choice. Would you like to know more?
posts like this make me cry because TIGS doesnt have a "thank post" feature
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #327 on: February 06, 2012, 02:21:09 PM »

That's the free market for you!

Questions Pompi has ignored:

1.  Are you going to cite your claim that most people don't really need jobs with any sort of facts?

2.  You know that macroeconomics and microeconomics are two entirely different things, right?

3.  Why is competing on the global market important? 

4.  Do you think that even if America de-regulated everything and gave corporations 100% power they would be able to keep up with China that has literally a billion more people?

5.  If Ron Paul groped your ass and you didn't work for him, that is clearly his fault.  Why should it be different because you work for him?

6.  Why should a person who requires a job to live be at the mercy of someone not raping them; why does the raper get to make the choice to force someone to be molested or find a different job?

7:  (Monster King's)  why do you say "spending time with his family down the beach" like its a bad thing?

So yes, people have been more than kind to Pompi, trying to point out flaws in his arguments, and yet he keeps abandoning each point he makes when it's been refuted, or even just poses it again with a different wording.  It's clear he's not holding his values due to them being the most factually correct, or even because they work currently.  It's unclear to me what he hopes to accomplish by continuing to argue in favor of his beliefs, when it's been shown that they are faulty.  By abandoning his arguments without attempting to answer any of the numerous gaps people have pointed out in his reasoning, he shows how little he respects his own values he claims to hold.

I'm not saying he should be castigated for clinging to beliefs that have been shown to be incorrect- indeed, we've only been showing him his faults in reasoning to help him come to a more beneficial worldview.  We've been tryin' to help him, and he's been running away screaming over his shoulder about LIBERALS LIBERALS LIBERALS LIBERALS.  At least Eres tries to explain why he holds his views-- even if I completely disagree with them, I can respect him for having some decency.

So, disagreeing with someone doesn't mean you hate them, or hold any ill will towards them.  I can completely understand why some people would resort to profanity when faced with someone who is refusing to have an actual discussion with a back and forth dialogue.  And Superb Joe still holds the highest ground of being both ethically correct and capable of framing his points into a more modern context.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 06, 2012, 02:24:45 PM »

superb joe always holds the high ground, by virtue of his streemer skill and impressive upper body strength
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 06, 2012, 02:27:57 PM »

centre right politician barack obama really makes my blood boil, which is actually fortunate because i needed to boil some in this cauldron for my hex to work. pompi what country are you from and what country do you live in.
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #330 on: February 06, 2012, 02:28:31 PM »

I was gonna mention your traps and delts but they're pretty self evident.
googoogjoob
Level 3

The Walrus is me.

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 06, 2012, 02:40:57 PM »

I think it has something to do with all the socially messed up nerds joining together and then making a subculture and excluding everyone else based on the only thing they think they have that not as many others do. The exclusion of others is mainly just what they see as retaliation to those who have exluded them during their teenage years.

But yeah, instead of being friendly (because I mean, if all the popular kids would have been friendly to them this wouldn't have happened anyway.) they chose to be buttholes and they scum up the world and now regularly piss me off. Because only stupid hurt people hurt people.

Smart hurt people deal with their hurt appropriately and don't spread it around.

this whole post

what the cocks am i reading
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 06, 2012, 02:44:00 PM »

this whole post

what the cocks am i reading

here it is phrased in a manner that is easier to understand

Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #333 on: February 06, 2012, 02:55:21 PM »

Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #334 on: February 06, 2012, 03:02:32 PM »

No, i not say be smart is mean.
I say be smart people use smart for mean.
is dum.

if smart people so smart dem should no be mean.
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #335 on: February 06, 2012, 03:03:34 PM »

Who's being mean?
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 06, 2012, 03:11:20 PM »

No, i not say be smart is mean.
I say be smart people use smart for mean.
is dum.

if smart people so smart dem should no be mean.
Ron paul
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #337 on: February 06, 2012, 03:17:47 PM »

Who's being mean?
Droop

pompipompi, you are pretty dumb
answer a fucking question for once you mingering little horsewanker

I didn't really mean you, but the fact that you asked seems like you thought I meant you, it's kind of funny in a Telltale Heart kind of way. So maybe you were being mean too but covering it up with a lot of words and intellect and stuff and things. I dunno. Doesn't matter. I don't hate people that are mean, they're just extremely frustrating to me.

I just go all meta on discussions like this and start thinking "WHY DOES THE CRAP THAT THEY'RE ARGUING ABOUT HAPPEN IN THE FIRST PLACE?"

hint: It's because people don't respect themselves and each other.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 03:27:43 PM by peanutbuttershoes » Logged
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 06, 2012, 03:22:59 PM »

i respect myself and nobody else
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #339 on: February 06, 2012, 03:28:56 PM »

hint: It's because people don't respect themselves and care about each other.

Yeah, Pompi doesn't respect himself enough to stand up for his views when called out on him, nor does he care enough about others to admit he's saying things he believes rather than things based on reality.  He's totally fine with saying whatever comes into his head and 'sounds right' without any sort of basis in history, statistics, or basic logic.  

People are getting mad at him because he continues to say things that are wrong and so damned stupid, without stopping to explain what led him to believe that.  He's shown no evidence he respects the viewpoints of others, much less evidence that he admits he's incorrect, and shows no sign of stopping to acknowledge he's just making shit up.

And no, me asking who you think is being mean doesn't mean I'm implicating myself in any way.  You're reaching really hard, bro, to discredit people for being right, because they're being right in a 'mean' way.  It's totally justified to call someone dumb idiot bitch horsewanker when this isn't a particularly legitimate venue for political discussion in the first place, much less when the dumb idiot bitch horsewanker in question has done nothing to assuage the frustration people have continually shown with their actions.

SO IN SHORT:  Pompi's going out of his way to make shit up and ignore people saying he's wrong, and you're calling them mean for getting frustrated.  You can be frustrated that people are 'losing their cool', sure, but why not be equally frustrated at someone who is straight up lying, making the same points that have been proven wrong, and refusing to acknowledge that their premises ("we need to lower regulation to beat china") are based on things that haven't been shown to be remotely true ("we need to be competitive in the world market").  He's been asked to slow down and explain his reasoning, given ample opportunity to do so, and he's posted everything but answers.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 03:34:37 PM by Capntastic » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 41
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic