Questions Pompi has ignored:
1. Are you going to cite your claim that most people don't really need jobs with any sort of facts?
2. You know that macroeconomics and microeconomics are two entirely different things, right?
One of them has penis envy.
3. Why is competing on the global market important?
Because there are not enough resources for everyone in the world and if we want the standard of living we are used to we need to take things from other people.
4. Do you think that even if America de-regulated everything and gave corporations 100% power they would be able to keep up with China that has literally a billion more people?
Not unless we win the race to the bottom.
5. If Ron Paul groped your ass and you didn't work for him, that is clearly his fault. Why should it be different because you work for him?
There are laws to deal with physical and sexual abuse.
6. Why should a person who requires a job to live be at the mercy of someone not raping them; why does the raper get to make the choice to force someone to be molested or find a different job?
Because we live in the real world. I wish I could fly and shoot lasers from my eyes. Can't. In the meanwhile I'll make the best decisions I can in order live. BTW, that's a bullshit dichotomy.
7: (Monster King's) why do you say "spending time with his family down the beach" like its a bad thing?
I usually poop in the water when I'm at the beach. I mostly go to isolated beaches off peak season, so there aren't many people that are likely to be affected. It kind of turns me on.
8: Why shouldn't we move towards a system that reduces suffering in as many people as possible?
Why not? Philosophically speaking there are many possible ways to look at the issue. My own leaning is towards compassion and miniature american flags for all, abortions for some. Is it wise to try and eliminate suffering completely? Of course I realize that's a viewpoint that only a person who hasn't suffered much can afford, but since we're having an intellectual discussion... I personally would love to have spaceships for everyone. Then we can all go to various corners of the universe and find new and interesting ways to suffer.
9: Why is 'creating as much wealth as we can' more important than providing a decent life for people?
Because our inter-dimensional shapeshifting reptilian overlords demand it.
10: Why should 'creating wealth' be the ultimate goal of our nation if the growing majority of that wealth only benefits an increasingly small portion of people?
Might makes right.
11: (Gizmonicgamer's, ties into the above) Pompi, what do you think the PURPOSE of an economy is? please define. Please define why a stable and productive economy is good or meaningful. (I'm aware you answered 'to make a country more competitive but you've yet to answer why that is important, so once you've established the basis for your reasoning we can take another crack at this)
It's useful to be able to detach yourself from the gestalt in order to analyze one particular facet of life. Pompi-Pompi says some silly things, and I've seen some pretty high level trolling from him, but I really don't get the vitriolic hate he's getting here. I mean, yeah I disagree with some of what he says, but I at least try to understand it without getting emotional about it.
In conclusion: Super Joe is right when he said: