Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:56:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsHere be update logs for my freeware gams.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Here be update logs for my freeware gams.  (Read 11656 times)
Ant
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2012, 06:45:29 AM »

Straima r4

• Added a little trophy icon to indicate when you beat your record.
  • New Spirit Walk power which creates an invincible spirit that moves opposite to your controls (you can see it in the second screenie).
  • Three new objects: Shy Block, Lazum and Teleport.
  • Four new levels: timid falls, its rainin laz hallelujah, mazy and lets do this.

Note the last level is designed to be ball-achingly difficult, so yeah good luck with that... Evil

@Franklins Ghost Cheers dude but I'm afraid you might have a bit of a wait on your hands. I've been pretty inspired to get cracking on with Save the Last Bullet so I think I'll be working on that and Straima. It'd be nice to actually have a game with a decent amount of content so it's unlikely I'll be working on anything else for a while unless a competition here takes my fancy.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 11:49:27 PM by caiys » Logged
Ant
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2012, 12:00:18 PM »

Work can get pretty hectic at times so in the first post I've added breakdown lists of everything currently implemented and planned for the indev games. Should stop me forgetting stuff and makes it much easier to keep things sorted. In particular if you've got any ideas for kewl new Straima objects/dudes then it'd be nice to get a bigger list going for that so I can just dive in whenever I feel.

Save the Last Bullet r2

So this past month I've been slogging away on Save the Last Bullet trying to get more of the basic game components down before adding more content. I've added the Lodge which is now where your base camp is and most of the time has just been spent trying to get the special rooms working, like the Kitchen, Stores, Boiler, Lift, Bunk and Wood Pile. I added a Forest area as well but so far it only contains some sticks to collect. It's still not especially playable right now, but I should hopefully have something much more solid at the end of this month. Note the storeroom contains every item in the game so you can have a wee play there.

I'll be doing another mini-update to Straima next, then it's back to Save the Last Bullet.
Ant
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2012, 12:56:40 PM »

Straima r5

Added five new level objects.

• Play Moda: Only creates objects that are within the same cell if it's the correct play mode.
  • Shade Wall: Only shows itself when close to the player and some other objects. Also hides some attached objects like spikes and worma.
  • Motion Field: Slowly moves the player when inside it in the given direction.
  • Sparksy: Moves along the wall.
  • Fantasum: An enemy that can move through anything, always after you but slow-ish.

Added three new levels: A Spaaarksy, Topsy Turvy Torrent and Spikyrinth. The seekers in Spectral Mine have been swapped for the fantasum which you can see in the first pic.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 11:55:42 PM by caiys » Logged
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2012, 01:21:43 PM »

• Play Moda: Only creates dudes in cell if correct play mode.
  • Shade Wall: Only shows itself when close to player/dude. Also hides some attached objects/dudes like spikes and worma.
  • Motion Field: slowly moves the player in the direction
  • Fantasum: Can move through anything, always after you but slow-ish.
  • Three levels: a spaaarksy, topsy turvy torrent, spikyrinth. Also swapped the seekers in spectral mine for the fantasum

I don't really understand what any of this means, but the game look awesome.  Smiley

Ant
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2012, 11:59:55 PM »

Heh cheers, I was in a bit of a rush last night... just edited the post to make it slightly clearer.

Oh and I just had a look at your game Sparky, it's looking rather top notch. Hand Thumbs Up LeftSmiley
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 12:06:51 AM by caiys » Logged
Ant
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2012, 01:07:03 PM »

I'm bloody gonna try and mak a gam for ludum dare so I thought I'd make a StLB release since I may want to continue developing it for a bit after the jam.

Save the Last Bullet r5

So I mainly worked on trying to get the basics of a game going. The main stuff is that you can now chop trees down in the forests to get wood needed to power/heat the lodge, and you can find cash in the street shops which gives you cash to spend at the trader at the docks. I updated the first post so that's all updated now which should give you an idea of the smaller stuff added, like notes and planked doors. Still a fair bit of core engine stuff to do before I can really get cracking on content...

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2012, 12:35:31 PM »

Just found an error in Straima.  I picked level Big Island, picked the floor warp ability, floor warped twice from the starting position and boom.  I had to wiggle around a bit in the space after the first warp to get the second warp to work.

Code:
for object HamogoBullet:

Error in code at line 1:
   if other.vHeroSyoken = 0 {sKillHero(other);}
           ^
at position 10: Unknown variable vHeroSyoken
Ant
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2012, 04:36:20 AM »

Ah cheers Udderdude, should be fixed now.
BomberTREE
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2012, 02:17:03 PM »

Loving that art style!
Ant
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2012, 01:26:04 PM »

Cheers kitheif. Ludum Dare was somewhat of a failure so I'll get back to working on StLB until I come up with some more ideas for Straima.
Ant
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2012, 12:47:36 PM »

Well it's gonna take me yonks to get all the core engine coding done for StLB so I think instead I'll just work on whatever cool thing I feel adds most to the gameplay at the time. There's so much that needs doing still that instead of 'releases' I'll just keep an indev build up here and update things maybe every few days or so.

So here's some of the noteworthy stuff that's updated:

• Each time you sleep there's now a chance of the front door caving in and filling the entrance/halls with infected. This is based on the amount of infected outside (each day there is a chance of new infected arriving).
  • Worked on a system for the infected sprites. It's now super-easy to add new clothes/decoration sprites and can be tailored based on the area they appear in.
  • Rifle weapons have been added, just a couple of shotguns for now. Also added the revolver which will be the starting gun.
  • There's now a chance of a random event happening when you travel to the Streets. Just a basic "surrounded by infected" for now.
  • All handlights now require batteries. This is more to add a bit of spice for the differing light types, rather than to hurry you. Also added the flashlight which will be your starting handlight (it's a bit brighter than the old torch).

Save the Last Bullet - inDev

But anywho, it's the start of the month and I've got some Straima ideas so I I'll just make a quick update for that before getting back into StLB.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 11:53:09 PM by caiys » Logged
oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2012, 01:43:41 PM »

Just a heads up, the Be Careful Little One title links to the Call of the Wild download on your site.

...I can't believe I didn't know about this thread! Shocked
Ant
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2012, 11:30:08 PM »

Ah thanks oyog, fixed it.
Ant
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2012, 09:15:36 AM »

Ponderings
I'd like to make the locations to explore much more extensive so have been thinking about how to do that with The Streets. Firstly you'll be able to explore above the shops which will be random (storage, kitchen, etc). You'll also be go through the shops into the backstreets, which will serve as a different way of exploring the shops (i.e. less zombies but you'll need to lockpick most of the doors to get in). There will also probably be a safe somewhere in the shop so that it will introduce both the lockpicking and hacking mechanics. These two mechanics will be quite simple rather than some sort of advanced sub-game.

Updates
I added the Butchers to The Streets which is a good source of meat, though is often overrun. I only just found out you can apply an image_blend over a grey image to create any colour you like, so now the zombies clothes and the shops use this now. Also added a bunch of little touches such as the shops' inside and outsides got a facelift, zombies now bleed when killed and their vision is conical so you can now sneak past them. Rabbits also now sometimes appear in The Forests that can be shot for its meat.

Working On Next
I'd like to get the bloody meaty chunks mechanic in which entails you throwing these items to distract zombies (similar to Lone Survivor). So you will unlock this recipe once you first enter the butchers and can then prepare them in a kitchen using meat. Probably add a bunch more foods while I'm at it, like offal, porridge, pies, etc. I'd also like to get the inventory weight system in which affects how much you can carry and how fast you move.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 09:36:13 AM by caiys » Logged
Ant
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2012, 12:46:34 PM »

Ponderings...
Thinking further on how to expand the areas, instead of the forests being one long room I'll split them up into smaller rooms so it's much more maze-like. I'll also make the docks an explorable area, heading in and out of big warehouses and boats, the main enemy being gangs but the rewards would be big.

Updates...
You can now throw bloody meaty chunks which the infected will head for and chow on. The throwing distance is simply based on your state (standing = short-throw, walking = mid, running = long bomb). The physics is rudimentary and a bit buggy but for now it will do until I add in a bunch more throwable items, maybe even throwable parts of the environment like trash cans. You can now make three items in the kitchen (ready meals, bloody meaty chunks, energy drinks), the latter two you 'learn' their recipes when you pick up the item for the first time. New items added: Bloody Meaty Chunks, Porridge, Fizzy Pop, Fruit Juice, Energy Drink.

Houndninja
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2012, 05:39:57 PM »

I'm really excited for save the last bullet! the colouring reminds me of the original Silent Hill!  Cool
Ant
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2012, 09:42:24 AM »

Yeah it'd be nice to get a bit of the Silent Hill weirdry in there...

Pixel Prospector made a post about Straima which was kewl seeing how it's the first indie site to post about one of my games. There's a gameplay vid on there but the quality is pretty bad, though I can't make my own videos due to my crappy comp so I can't complain.
Ant
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2012, 12:45:54 PM »

Updates...
  • Added a variant of the standard infected that spews vomit in yo face.
  • Infected now randomly carry items which popup when killed. Just the weapon/lightem sprite is visibly held.
  • Added the basics of the workshop. There's only the "Front Door Planks" upgrade so far.

Ant
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2012, 12:47:27 PM »

Updates...
The weight system for carrying items is now in so you can't carry more than your max limit. This means for example if you wanted to head to the forests to chop trees down for wood then you'll need to carry few supplies as wood blocks are heavy. If you carry more than 80% of your limit then you walk 10% slower and run 20% slower. Else if you carry more than 50% you run 10% slower.

Most of the stats have been incorporated into the game now. Currently added ones are:
Health - Increases your max health/stamina.
Toughness - Reduces the penalty to health/stamina (e.g. when hurt/running).
Aim - Reduces the chances of missing and increases the chances of scoring a critical hit.
Speed - Increases you walking/running speed.
Strength - Increases your melee damage and allows you to carry more.
Charisma - Decreases/increases the price of buying/selling to traders.

The mechanics of it is pretty simple. Each stat has 5 levels which are then usually used as percentile bonus. For example, having a level 5 Health will increase your max health/stamina by 50%, Level 2 would increase it by 20%, etc.

DustyDrake
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2012, 02:22:49 PM »

...Why can I press down to go down, but I can't press up to go up in Save the Last Bullet?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic