Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 02:04:44 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFreedom Planet (Available Today on Steam!)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Print
Author Topic: Freedom Planet (Available Today on Steam!)  (Read 53345 times)
Strife
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: November 22, 2013, 05:30:27 PM »

Thank you! We're definitely gonna keep our fingers crossed. I sent in the application earlier this morning and I should be getting a response in a day or two to confirm.
We're gonna try and get a 10x10 booth just for this game, but if not, we asked them to try and find a Minibooth spot for us instead.

Also, to anyone who might be interested, we updated the demo in preparation for PAX:

http://freedomplanet.galaxytrail.com/media/fpdemo_1_6_10.zip

We still haven't updated the main website with this link, but we will when we're sure that we didn't break anything.

The first map of Dragon Valley has been altered to provide more optional paths for explorers, and the menu interface has been overhauled to look more professional. A few music tracks have also been upgraded. Rolling has returned as a Carol-exclusive ability, while Lilac has a new diving kick (Down + B in midair). We've also made a bunch of tweaks and bugfixes.

Cheers!

Storsorgen
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 25, 2013, 07:01:11 AM »

Gotta say, this is looking awesome. I tried this way back, and you've really come a long way.

Much admiration!
Strife
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: December 31, 2013, 07:50:06 PM »

Thanks!

As we all know, I've been working on the main meat of the game first and foremost - the stages - and I'm planning on doing cutscene work only after the stages are complete. I find myself worrying that by the time I get around to the story, dialog and hub worlds, they'll ending up being little more than tedious filler for most players.

I know that a lot of it has to do with an individual player's interests. Some people simply do not like story or cutscenes in the least bit. (That's why I'm providing an option to play the game without any cutscenes or hub areas.) Despite this fact, I am nevertheless eager to make sure that the cutscenes and hub areas are as enjoyable as possible to as many players as possible. If done properly, they'll be a welcoming break between the intense over-the-top boss battle of the last stage and the beginning of the next, where the player can catch their breath and move around at their own pace without a timer ticking away in the corner and without a risk of losing lives. Plus I want to do justice to the phenomenal performance of our voice actors.

So, yeah, that's just where my thoughts are as the new year rolls around here on the east coast. Happy new year, by the way!

Strife
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: February 21, 2014, 09:35:05 AM »

We're down to the wire with the game's stages, as we've completed Pangu Lagoon and Trap Hideout, Lilac and Carol's exclusive stages respectively. All that remains is the arctic wasteland of Battle Glacier and the final stage, a tense four-part affair within the depths of Lord Brevon's starship.

Meanwhile, we've also been chipping away at some of the cutscenes. All of the voice acting has been recorded at this point, so now it's just a matter of building each scene and animating the characters accordingly.

As far as PAX goes, we didn't make it. Given the sheer volume of submissions, we weren't really that surprised when they didn't select Freedom Planet for the expo.

We're going to take another crack at it with a different convention - this time with the 2014 Florida Supercon in July. We've been personally invited by one of the organizers of the event, which is quite cool to say the least, and we're currently gathering as much info as we can about booth registrations and the like. With 25,000 attendees this year, it seems like a great place to start getting the word out.

With any luck, the game will most definitely be done by the time of this convention. Speaking of which...

Our current target is May 30th.

This might change. At most we would push it back another two months, but we'll know for sure as we get closer.

Strife
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: March 26, 2014, 07:29:59 PM »

Big thanks to Gashi-Gashi for the new artwork!

Strife
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: April 06, 2014, 07:05:57 PM »

Silhouette of the main villain, Lord Brevon. Figured it was about time I actually drew something of him other than his in-game sprites. XD

Strife
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: May 02, 2014, 09:16:00 AM »

We're on the cover of Indie Game Magazine! :D This month's issue features an interview between us and the IGM staff along with a review/preview of the upcoming game.

Sadly, you need a subscription to see it, but here's where you can access it anyway:

http://insider.indiegamemag.com/

I'm wondering if they'll put the articles on their website publicly at some point, but in any case, it's really awesome!

Strife
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: July 13, 2014, 09:13:18 AM »

Final week until our launch on Steam! It's gonna be a really close call and we'll probably have to save some of our planned features for later patches, but, I think we can make it. All stages are complete, so the bulk of our work is currently going into the remaining cutscenes as well as bugfixing.

Our testers have been amazing at helping us polish and fix things. Even with their help, though, I feel that there are some issues that will only crop up once a large number of people start playing, so I'm pretty grateful that Steam makes it so easy to push out patches and updates. We're gonna need them for the first few weeks.

In other news, we just got back from our first convention ever at Florida Supercon, and it was a tremendous success! We got to show off Freedom Planet to the masses in beautiful downtown Miami and received a overwhelming amount of support for the game!

We've posted all sorts of photos of the event on our Facebook page.

If you'd like to meet us at a location near you in the future, please suggest us to your local convention organizers! We'd love to see all of you!

Kyle O
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: July 17, 2014, 02:19:50 PM »

I'm excited!

my twitter. my itch.io page.
Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: July 17, 2014, 04:06:53 PM »

I didn't know Freedom Planet had a devlog here. Game's been hyped Iike crazy over in the NeoGAF Indie Threads, so I'm pretty excited

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
Farage
« Reply #130 on: July 17, 2014, 08:53:02 PM »

And all of the sudden, these screenshots make me think, "Did I accidentally stumble into DeviantArt?"
My thoughts exactly lol
Strife
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: July 21, 2014, 02:15:46 PM »

We launch in less than two hours on Steam! We'll be uploading a new trailer alongside the release so I'll let y'all know how it goes.

http://store.steampowered.com//app/248310

skittlefuck
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: July 21, 2014, 04:08:31 PM »

Gratz for finishing the game and getting on steam!

Magnesium Ninja
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: July 21, 2014, 04:17:26 PM »

Game looks incredibly polished and well made, congratulations on the Steam launch Smiley

Strife
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: July 21, 2014, 04:30:15 PM »

Thanks guys!

New trailer is up:

DeadAlienCult
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: July 21, 2014, 07:26:06 PM »

this looks really good. congrats on making it to the end! best of luck

LightEnt
Level 1

Power to the action-platformer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: July 21, 2014, 07:55:45 PM »

This looks incredible, i'll be sure to pick it up soon.

~Light

Devlog| Tumblr
Kyle O
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: July 23, 2014, 04:19:51 PM »

Congratulations! I'm going to play it this weekend!

my twitter. my itch.io page.
Bobert
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: July 23, 2014, 06:04:50 PM »

this looks really great, definitely gonna be buying it very soon

Storsorgen
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 24, 2014, 05:15:07 AM »

Bought this and played it, love it so far!

I must say I don't like the cutscenes with the voice acting and all, it sort of clashes with my old love for the "pantomime" cutscenes of the old sonic games, but that's why you included the Classic Mode :D

Awesome job.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic