Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 03:07:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFreedom Planet (Available Today on Steam!)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: Freedom Planet (Available Today on Steam!)  (Read 53346 times)
Strife
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2012, 07:53:07 AM »

So, I finally wrapped up the second round of voice acting auditions. I now have a total of 10 unique voice actors, which is more than enough for the Story mode methinks.

I've put together a demo reel of the voice talent I recruited, in case anyone is interested.

VA Demo Reel

So, with that out of the way, I'm preparing the game for this year's SAGE expo, which takes place on August 6th. ^_^ Most of the work I'll have to do is art-related, and I also need to prod my sound designer and musicians into further replacing some of the placeholder audio in the game.

In any case, August is when I'll have the first public demo. Hoping for the best!   Hand Shake LeftSmileyHand Shake Right

DustyDrake
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2012, 08:07:59 AM »

Freedom Planet is a high-speed platformer that aims to capture the spirit and raw energy of 2D gaming, not through unusual gimmicks but through a mix of engaging level design and straight-up action. As the world's fastest thing on two legs, your momentum is your greatest weapon; Build up energy by running as quickly as possible, then unleash it to boost through the air like a comet. There's trouble around every turn, from insects to giant robots to sheer explosive destruction, but you'll have a variety of special attacks to deal with each challenge. Some challenges are small, while others are... enormous.
Huh? huh?

Strife
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2012, 08:25:51 AM »

XD Hahah, I never noticed that. Fixed.

Strife
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2012, 10:16:36 AM »

Character artwork ahoy! Courtesy of R-No from DeviantART.

Lilac:

Spade:

Dr. Brevon:
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 06:58:21 AM by Strife » Logged

Conker534
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2012, 11:19:00 AM »

Those are cool.  Smiley
Strife
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2012, 02:01:58 PM »

Yeah, I love how they turned out. ^_^ I'm glad I commissioned this guy. Matter of fact, the sketches kinda remind me of the inside pages of an instruction booklet. I'm seriously considering making a retro-styled instruction manual with the sketches scattered around the pages.

Anyway, here's more:

Carol:

Milla:

I'm gonna have her redrawn since she looks too old, but I like how it turned out anyways.

Torque:

Neera:

eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2012, 05:47:53 AM »

Good job! Great characters, and a very welcome tip of the hat to the 90's. Smiley

Yeah.
zede05
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2012, 09:24:06 AM »

Nice Sonic style artwork, back during the days when I was part of the Sonic fandom...we had to live with really crappy fan art. Haha. And the game is looking great!

Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2012, 02:54:07 PM »

Love those character drawings! The game looks cool. Love the mid-air spin dash, reminds me of Rocket Knight. Keep up the good work!

Strife
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2012, 06:31:32 PM »

Thank you everyone for your comments and support! Gentleman

As of this moment, all Sonic-related sound effects in the game have been replaced. Once I can either replace the non-freeware sounds or purchase rights to use them, then the game will have 100% original content. (Or, well, more accurately, content that would enable the game to be sold.)

Conker534
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2012, 02:18:40 PM »

Are you still going to classify this as a fan game? I don't think it should be. It should just be inspired by Sonic.
Strife
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2012, 03:37:33 PM »

Are you still going to classify this as a fan game? I don't think it should be. It should just be inspired by Sonic.

Nope. I stopped considering this a fangame weeks ago, and I can confidently say that Freedom Planet is now it's own thing. ^_^

Uykered
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2012, 11:27:31 PM »

Looks good, glad you got some voice acting — always makes dialogue significantly more enjoyable for me (even if its cheesy).
Strife
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2012, 01:37:28 PM »

Yeah, I agree. I thought about doing just plain text with sprites at first, but I figured, why not go the extra mile and see if I can get voice actors?

Anyway, I'm quite happy today, because I think I found a solution to an issue I've been having with loading the game on certain computers. The Joystick 2 extension in Sonic Worlds has been having problems loading, but it seems that it's caused by a missing DLL file that needs to be put in the system folder.

Also, more character art!

Milla (child):

Serpentine:

Strife
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2012, 04:01:38 PM »

Carol is going to become a playable character in the future, with her own set of abilities that are separate from Lilac's. She's kinda glitchy right now, so I'm not sure if she can make it into the SAGE demo.

However... I started a Facebook page for the game, and if the page receives 1000 Likes before July 24th, I will include her in the demo, glitches or not. (Though obviously I would push myself as much as possible to get her finished. xD) You can find out more here:

http://www.facebook.com/freedomplanetgame

I should also have a new video up around the end of the month for both characters.

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2012, 06:53:16 PM »

This looks really cool. The art style definitely looks like Sonic. Serpentine looks like a Megaman version of a Megaman X boss, ha ha. Anyway, the game looks good!

Strife
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2012, 01:11:20 PM »

Thank you SolarLune!

New gameplay video:

This one shows many of the changes and adjustments that have been made since the sorely outdated beta video of Dragon Valley. It also shows Carol's gameplay in the second half.

Conker534
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2012, 04:29:02 PM »

How much money do I throw at you to play this when its done?
Strife
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2012, 07:01:53 AM »

We'll see. xD I might do a pay-what-you-want model depending on what options are available.

Anyway, one of my fans drew this incredible piece of artwork of Lilac! I'm speechless.

I want to use it as official artwork if she's okay with it.

Conker534
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2012, 11:29:38 AM »

Looks nice  Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic