Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 01:16:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsRamBros [All American Co-Op Shooter] - Demo
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]
Print
Author Topic: RamBros [All American Co-Op Shooter] - Demo  (Read 74761 times)
SpaceFish
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 06, 2012, 02:27:59 PM »

My new wallpaper right there.
I'ts only a sketch but im glad you like it! Here is another one:
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #261 on: August 10, 2012, 09:30:45 PM »

Been a bit slack updating the thread this week but I have been really busy tweaking enemy fire patterns, redoing the grenades, adding a few new enemy types and dangers, changing up two of the weapons also. Here is some screenies of some of the secret levels and updated basecamp.

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #262 on: August 16, 2012, 08:01:11 AM »

Spent most of this week touching up enemy attacks, fixing bugs, adding in more secret areas and talking with Lee (the guy who has taken over writing all the dialog) about how we can get some sort of closure at the end of the first alpha, most likely some sort of bromance right before Rex is captured by the US Govt. for kicking too much ass - then start alpha 2 with the always classic jailbreak.  Emphasis on the bromance since Rex and his wingman "Candy" (player two) will be a fairly heavy part of post alpha one, when they are both captured on US soil.

Already decided the next two levels HAVE TO BE medieval England, and a prehistoric Africa, since the freedom shield and the bone gun work perfectly as end of level bosses, plus dinosaurs and knights would be awesome to shoot up.

I am actually considering not releasing this in alpha to everyone but 40 or so backers, still unsure at this stage - I don't really like having the pressure of having to release something on a regular schedule(which is most likely what will happen if I make the alpha public...) - but that being said it would be cool to release the modding tools and no story mode to everyone just to see what wacky shit people come up with given the tools.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 08:13:50 AM by Farmergnome » Logged

Squid Party
Level 5

Oh hi mark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #263 on: August 16, 2012, 12:04:13 PM »

the palettes used in those screen shots are great, I just want to eat them all up!

[img]http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r527/Daniel_Sharman/areyouonyourperiod.gif[img/]
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #264 on: August 16, 2012, 02:34:42 PM »

the palettes used in those screen shots are great, I just want to eat them all up!

Thanks dude, I might do another video soon of some of the areas, looks way nicer in motion.

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #265 on: August 31, 2012, 03:26:44 AM »

So the game is postponed - not sure how long yet, but I got an idea outside of RamBros, its been real guys, thanks for following the games progress!  I will leave this devlog up and unlocked but wont be posting on it until eventual release, so yea  Huh?  Not canceled, but definitely no foreseeable release in the next few months.

Questions?

« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 03:36:16 AM by Farmergnome » Logged

Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #266 on: August 31, 2012, 03:36:07 AM »

What a shame man.
You had a great project going on. Mods, co-op, amazing artwork, sfx/music like the old days...

Oh well, let's pray for a come back in the next couple of weeks. Perhaps a change about what happened, don't know.

Beg

One question. Are you going to continue developing Soul Jar? It got some awesome attention and the game looks gorgeous man!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 09:22:45 AM by KopanoGS » Logged

verticalvertex
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 31, 2012, 10:32:09 AM »

Sad news.

It's all good.
Chris Pavia
« Reply #268 on: August 31, 2012, 12:00:21 PM »

I'm curious, did you guys get some funds for this from an IndieGoGo campaign or something similar?
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #269 on: August 31, 2012, 03:34:22 PM »

Yep, though the Indiegogo fundraiser fell way short but money isn't the reason I am postponing RamBros - it is however the reason I am not canceling it entirely, since I am going to honor my agreement with the 40 or so people who backed.  It isn't just going to be any time soon sadly.

Chris Pavia
« Reply #270 on: August 31, 2012, 03:55:27 PM »

Cool, glad to know you're not gonna leave those backers twisting in the wind!
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #271 on: August 31, 2012, 04:29:59 PM »

Yea its more a question of when it gets released, I think its the one of the best games I have made to date, though there is just tons of shit not ready, and well, wont be for awhile, I would rather not go into details though - I might post here in a week or two what I am working on instead for a bit.  I think in a few months it will make sense.

abcabcabc339
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 02, 2012, 04:55:54 PM »

are you in any way affiliated with zineth and when will there be a sequel if yes.?
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #273 on: September 02, 2012, 05:13:26 PM »

are you in any way affiliated with zineth and when will there be a sequel if yes.?

I have no idea what you just said.

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #274 on: October 15, 2012, 06:23:05 PM »

I forgot to mention guys, I have moved most of the updates over to here: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=28315.0 for now.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic