Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 19, 2024, 12:33:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsTIGJAM UK 6 : 17-19 Feb
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: TIGJAM UK 6 : 17-19 Feb  (Read 15801 times)
increpare
« on: January 15, 2012, 05:05:17 PM »

TIGJAM UK 6
Date: 17-19th February 2011
Venue: CB2 Bistro, Cambridge.

A weekend of making games, hosted by the Cambridge Friendship Club.  Everyone welcome, regardless of experience, so long as you're willing to get your hands dirty Smiley

The format of the event is usually that we have a running series of opt-in 3-hour jams all weekend.  If you want to focus on a single-project, great, if you want to spend longer extend one of these mini-jam games into something bigger, great, if you want to work on something else entirely different, great. Smiley

People will be about from 10am on the Friday, but Friday being a weekday, people will be arriving all through the day.  There are usually plenty of people hanging about for the Monday after as well

Get tickets here (£5 each):
http://tigjamuk6.eventbrite.com/

See CB2 here: http://www.cb2bistro.com/
You'll be expected to buy food and drink at the venue.

Accommodation:
The YHA hostel in cambridge is super convenient - very close to both the train station and CB2! £20.00-ish per night - we're organizing rooms on this thread:

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=23851.0

Transport:
The event is within walking distance from Cambridge Train Station.
It's easy to get to Cambridge from Stanstead airport, and you can travel up from London Kings Cross or London Liverpool St rail station.

Any questions?  Just ask below.

Or send me a mail at [email protected]
Or send a tweet to @cb2indies
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 11:48:52 AM by increpare » Logged
increpare
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 08:02:25 AM »

For reals now!
angrygeometry
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 08:17:09 AM »

i'd totally come to this but the next month of wages is going towards fixing my dying laptop/buying another! i'll make the next one though (hopefully)!

bateleur
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 08:48:10 AM »

Nuts - it's (predictably) hit the weekend I can't make. Cry

Oh well, hopefully there'll be one later in the year. (If possible quite a lot more notice would be nice.)

Jonathan Whiting
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 08:58:31 AM »

Woo!  :D

increpare
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 09:42:26 AM »

Nuts - it's (predictably) hit the weekend I can't make. Cry
boooooooooooooooo

Oh well, hopefully there'll be one later in the year. (If possible quite a lot more notice would be nice.)
Yeah, I understand.  Sorry about that Sad.  It's hard to get things organised over xmas, but should be easier for the next one.
Alistair Aitcheson
Level 5

"Ali" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 09:45:58 AM »

Hooray! I love TIGJams! Can't wait to see everyone again, and to meet some fresh indie faces too :D

Klaim
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 02:17:37 PM »

I'll be there in spirit guys!  Gentleman

(I have to relocate in a foreign country and I'll not be near England...)

Achkas
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 06:03:00 AM »

My friend and I only know how to use the Dragon Age: Origins toolset, we make mostly dialogue/moral-choice based games within it. Would we be welcome to come and make our games using the DA toolset or should we go learn C++? C++ looks difficult. Sad However, CB2 is a very nice pub, so, choices, choices.
brog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 07:26:24 AM »

Achkas: Make games however you like!  Nobody's going to judge you based on what tools you use.  I went to one of these and folk were using flash, java, gamemaker at least, but probably many others I didn't see.

(Might be able to make this, it's pretty soon after I'll have gotten back home from Bit of Alright etc., but I'll check train prices.)
increpare
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 07:48:13 AM »

(Might be able to make this, it's pretty soon after I'll have gotten back home from Bit of Alright etc., but I'll check train prices.)
If you (+ tara as well if she's down) want to stay for the interim you can rely on our futon to do so.

My friend and I only know how to use the Dragon Age: Origins toolset, we make mostly dialogue/moral-choice based games within it. Would we be welcome to come and make our games using the DA toolset or should we go learn C++? C++ looks difficult. Sad However, CB2 is a very nice pub, so, choices, choices.
Hey, yeah, sure, use whatever tools you want.  Of course, this will make it harder for people to play the game, but, on the other hand, there will be plenty of people to play your game then and there Smiley  (and, don't discount the possibility of picking up some new tech on impulse over the weekend Wink ).
Arowx
Level 2

Arowx.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 09:39:07 AM »

You know I need to get out more but will there be anyone there my age (err about 40)?

Anyone heading down from via the North East of England?

increpare
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2012, 02:59:24 PM »

You know I need to get out more but will there be anyone there my age (err about 40)?
I know of several people in their thirties who'll be there.  Really it shouldn't matter.  You should come down.
cyberpunkdreams
Level 0

Changing the world. Or something like that.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2012, 03:18:59 PM »

I've never been before (and never posted here before, so hello!), but am thinking of going. I have a couple of web based games in development, both heavy on the JavaScript.

bluescrn
Level 1

Unemployed Coder / Full-time Indie :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2012, 05:26:31 AM »

Well, I'm 34, and yeah, there's definitely been a good few others in there 30s at previous jams.

I've just booked a Travelodge room for the weekend (so I won't be subjecting other YHA-goers to my snoring this time!).

Now I just need to see if I can sort out my overheating laptop before the event Sad

kinglake
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2012, 08:03:05 AM »

Will definitely go funds permitting! Wouldnt mind the 20 quid a night hostel but I'll have to dig out some cash from somewhere! Will there be computers provided or should we bring lappys? If so what softwares will be available? :-)
increpare
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2012, 08:04:25 AM »

Will definitely go funds permitting! Wouldnt mind the 20 quid a night hostel but I'll have to dig out some cash from somewhere! Will there be computers provided or should we bring lappys? If so what softwares will be available? :-)
No computers in the venue, best bring your laptop with you Smiley
Radiant
Level 1

...and we are the Dreamers of Dreams.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2012, 08:09:27 AM »

Hey, this sounds pretty cool, and I was planning on visiting Cambridge this winter anyway.

I'm also 34 and mostly into coding.

Attila0413
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2012, 04:12:00 PM »

Sounds cool, might come if I'll have enough funds! Smiley

JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2012, 04:20:04 PM »

got the time off work, bought by ticket and bought my train tickets! just need to book a room Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic