Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411425 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 09:05:19 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsTIGJAM UK 6 Accommodation Thread
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: TIGJAM UK 6 Accommodation Thread  (Read 8658 times)
increpare
« on: January 15, 2012, 05:07:53 PM »

jam announcement thread

The YHA hostel in cambridge is super convenient - very close to both the train station and CB2! £20.00-ish per night. If you want in, and I recommend it as a thing to do if you're visiting form elsewhere, post your name below, along with the nights you'll want to stay.

If you can't afford that, or if there's any spill-over due to rooms being unavailable, we can keep 3 people here on combinations of futons and air mattresses Smiley

Please reply to this ASAP so we can get things booked.  The hostel will get booked up if we leave it too late.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 08:32:05 AM by increpare » Logged
Draknek
Level 6

"Alan Hazelden" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 12:59:53 PM »

Count me in. Smiley

3 nights: Friday to Monday

DGoodayle
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 09:16:52 AM »

I'll be there!

brog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 08:30:03 AM »

Me too.
SFBTom
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 10:31:07 AM »

Yes please!

mechacrash
Level 1

It's almost like I'm actually being productive!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 03:49:35 PM »

are the rooms for one person only or could we squeeze a couple of us into a single room?

Thinking therell be about 4 of us coming from Bristol area.

increpare
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 07:31:55 PM »

are the rooms for one person only or could we squeeze a couple of us into a single room?

Thinking therell be about 4 of us coming from Bristol area.
As many as we can squeeze in.  Most rooms are for 4 people.  I'll probably try booking rooms on Monday, so let me know by then, ideally, when and how many to book for Smiley
mechacrash
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 10:41:30 AM »

ok, sign me up for a room friday, saturday and sunday night!
Therell be four of us so if you can find a single room suitable thatd be fantastic.
gonna be a fun weekend :D
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 10:46:36 AM by mechacrash » Logged

JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 02:59:14 PM »

friday/saturday/sunday night please!

increpare
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 10:08:16 AM »

Okay, 9 people wanted rooms, but the hostel had two 4-beds free.  Brog, you're staying with us.  I can try amend the booking to accommodate more people fine if needed, but it will likely result in some people staying in shared dorms (which should be fine).

Mechacrash's crew gets one room, the other room goes to draknek, DGoodayle, SFBTom, and JMickle.

It's going to be £20.95 a night, including breakfast.  That's £62.85 per person for the weekend.  My preferences for payment : online transfer, otherwise paypal, otherwise cheque, otherwise cash when you get there.  I'll be personal messaging all the people who've booked with my bank details.
increpare
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 10:14:05 AM »

(also, yes, stupidly deleted my account forgetting about this thread, stupid stupid.  Don't worry, it's me, I promise...)
increpare
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2012, 10:26:50 AM »

Further info courtesy of Alan Hazelden:

Here's a map: http://g.co/maps/gpm98

The hostel is 5 minutes walk from the train station and CB2 is another 10-15 minutes walk from there.

On Friday probably the easiest thing to do is head straight to CB2 with your bags when you arrive and we can all head back to the hostel at the end of the day.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 04:42:34 AM by increpare » Logged
mechacrash
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2012, 04:48:12 PM »

Do you know if there'll be any way to park a car near / at the hostel?
I'm driving up with the others from Bristol and id love to still have a car to go home in Tongue

Attila0413
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2012, 05:34:49 PM »

Hey guys, I'm in  Smiley

I'll be at London on 16th, maybe I'll pass a night there and then move to Cambridge on 17th.

Is there any spare room left? It's ok even to share it with other people Smiley

increpare
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2012, 04:57:23 AM »

Hey guys, I'm in 
cool

You'll have to call up the hostel yourself to book.  Let me know if you have trouble.
randomnine
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 05:01:08 AM »

Parking is in short supply in the area. There are often, but not always, one or two spaces somewhere around the Sturton St/Ainsworth St/York St area east of CB2 (though half of Sturton St is residents permit only). This is around half a mile from CB2 and half a mile from the hostel.

The nearest place for easy free long term parking is probably the Rustat Rd/Coleridge Rd area south east of the train station - the southern halves of those roads, and the roads between them. This is around 1.5 miles from CB2 and 0.7 miles from the hostel, both via the foot bridge over the railway.

Attila0413
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2012, 06:17:32 AM »

Hey guys, I'm in 
cool

You'll have to call up the hostel yourself to book.  Let me know if you have trouble.

I've sent'em an email, just waiting for an answer.

I'm not in the UK so calling them would be a bit expensive Sad

Attila0413
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2012, 06:48:58 AM »

Anyway, while I'm waiting for an answer from the hostel... Is there anyone who's willing to share a room in another hostel, in case they are full booked?

EDIT: It looks like they only have a Twin beedrom with shared bathroom available, for ca 147EUR. Is there anyone willing to share it?

EDIT AGAIN: Since it was the only room available in the hostel, and the cheapest one I found in Cambridge, I just booked it for £ 123, from 17th to 20th. If someone is interested in sharing it, it's a Twin Room with shared bathroom, we can splice the total  Smiley
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 01:12:19 PM by Attila0413 » Logged

increpare
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2012, 11:58:22 AM »

I think it likely that we'll find someone.  If nobody gets in touch with you over the next couple of days about it I'll mention it in a mail.
Attila0413
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2012, 01:06:14 PM »

I think it likely that we'll find someone.  If nobody gets in touch with you over the next couple of days about it I'll mention it in a mail.

Cool, thank you  Smiley

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic