As mentioned yesterday I had some luck finding a game attribute structure for Axion 52 by viewing YouTube videos. Here are the value fields I made based off of that:Mode
- Top Down, Overhead, Platform, Top Down (forced up), Side-scroll (forced right), Overhead (forced up), 1 Screen Top Down, 1 Screen Overhead, 1 Screen PlatformTheme
- Space, Forest, Cave, Factory, Kitchen, Urban, etc..Character
- Girl, Cat-men, Indiana Jones, Baby, Guy, etc..Enemy
- Space Alien, Robots, Symbols, etc..Music
- Space, Spooky, Cowboy, Kung Fu, etc..Sounds
- Space, Platform, etc..Goal
- Kill Boss, Kill Enemy Wave, Collect Key Objects, End of Level, etc..Attack
- Punch, Bullet, NoneLife
- 1 Hit, HP Bar, HP UnitsItems
- Power Ups, 1 Up
These 10 values can be made into a "password" for each game. I could then generate each game just by feeding the game engine these values. I'm ignoring the Streamerz "weapon" and Renegade type modes for now. I need to re-find a good pseudo random number generator. Also, one idea I had is to make each install of Axion 52 have a unique set of games. Basically, the first time the game is run it would generate a unique seed that dictates what games are listed. I have to decide how I'm gonna implement the game engine. I could go very general purpose or branch out the modules. Hmmn..
I was gonna use "Lynxladies" in place of "Cheetahmen" but it turns out there is an escort service in the UK by that same name. Dunno if it would be a trademark/copyright issue. I may use "Tabbyteens" instead. I like the change from (Action 52) Game World to (Axion 52) Game Planet and (Action 52) Action Gamemaster to (Axion 52) Radical Gamemeister Ideas:
Now that I know the game generation values I should really start the in-game portion. As I mentioned I need to dig up some pseudo-random number generation code as it is used in almost every aspect of the game. Look into whether modifying the .EXE or just an .INI file should be used for the unique identifier for the game.