Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411433 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58418 Members - Latest Member: Pix_RolleR

April 20, 2024, 07:10:43 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsBootleg Demakes[FINISHED] Shadow of the Bossus - full game and video available
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: [FINISHED] Shadow of the Bossus - full game and video available  (Read 55998 times)
UltraJMan
Level 0

Get some!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2008, 02:30:38 AM »

Very good but very short, took me about six minutes start to finish, too bad there were only two bossus, but they were clever at least. Good job
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2008, 03:14:28 AM »

Very good but very short, took me about six minutes start to finish, too bad there were only two bossus, but they were clever at least. Good job

There's no way you beat that cave boss you liar Sad

(how did you do it)

tweet tweet @j_younger
Saint
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2008, 03:15:39 AM »

Ugh, I can't kill the bossus in the cave for shit.  Your game is hard.

Yeah, it is kind of hard. There are some tricks to it that makes it a whole lot easier, but as I said I'm not entirely happy with how it turned out.

can't play
vid plz.

Fraps doesn't let me capture at a decent framerate atm and I can't lower it since I did some nasty hacks a while back. I'll keep trying, though.

Yay! Finished! I'm am saddened by the fact that there was no bossus on top of that tree.

Well made, my friend, well made. Gentleman

Thanks! I've been real short on time seeing as we're in the final phase of production at work and I've got another project on the side, so I couldn't do everything I wanted with it. But I'm glad you like what little there is  Beer!
Renton
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2008, 03:22:43 AM »

I am, right now, disrtibuting the game among my friends.
I'm gonna make you a STAR
Saint
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2008, 06:59:37 AM »

I am, right now, disrtibuting the game among my friends.
I'm gonna make you a STAR

Haha, thanks  Grin

On another note, I managed to create a video. I only had access to the shareware version of fraps so it skips in a few places where separate recordings are connected. Also, this video demonstrates a full play-through so don't watch it if you want to figure things out on your own.

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2008, 08:49:36 PM »

Very nice engine you got there, and some sweet pixelling, but I found the platforming a bit too hard to be enjoyable  Tired

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Saint
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2008, 03:59:09 AM »

Very nice engine you got there, and some sweet pixelling, but I found the platforming a bit too hard to be enjoyable  Tired

Thanks =)

Any part you found particularly hard or was it just difficult in general? if so, was it hard because the random movements, too small error margins, unpredictable or bad controls or something else?

As I've said, I wasn't too happy with how the second encounter turned out - getting to the second weak spot can be really tricky and it doesn't get much easier if I lower to speed since you have to keep your balance longer (and waiting for it gets really tedious). To be frank, the entire concept needed further development or to be canned and completely remade, but I didn't have the time so I opted to keep it in since it's at least doable and the game was short enough as-is.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 05:36:53 AM by Saint » Logged
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2008, 05:41:48 AM »

IMO there should be a bit more adherence to the platforms instead of the player constantly skidding and falling.

Ambrose
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2008, 07:52:59 PM »

Something's wrong with it, look.

I don't know What's wrong with it.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2008, 08:49:55 PM »

I think you should stop with the lightning bolts, you are sending too many electrons through the game window.  Gentleman

Saint
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2008, 11:41:25 PM »

IMO there should be a bit more adherence to the platforms instead of the player constantly skidding and falling.

A good point.

As I mentioned before in this thread I intentionally removed the friction from some platforms in order to enhance (what I thought) what little difficulty there is, but it's an easy enough fix to add it back in. I'll see if I get the time.

It seems like your video drivers have some problems with shader branching. What card is it? you might be able to resolve the problem by updating your drivers.
Ambrose
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2008, 04:31:30 AM »

It seems like your video drivers have some problems with shader branching. What card is it? you might be able to resolve the problem by updating your drivers.

I tried updating it but it said there was no updates.
I think it has a ATI Radeon Xpress 200.

I think you should stop with the lightning bolts, you are sending too many electrons through the game window.  Gentleman

I didn't notice that at first, funny. that's the wallpaper.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic