Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411498 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 08:59:57 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsBootleg DemakesSexy Seaside Beachball [FINISHED]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Print
Author Topic: Sexy Seaside Beachball [FINISHED]  (Read 108235 times)
increpare
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2008, 03:33:38 PM »

Won't run for me, alas.  Stupid stupid stupid XNA.
Cymon
Level 9

Computer Kid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2008, 08:50:50 PM »

This game sucks. The controls are flakey, the graphics are gratuitous, what you couldn't be bothered to try to make it look like they had a swim suit on? And getting the bonus is nigh impossible since half the time you're more focused on just wrestling your poorly maneuvered sprite in the right place to bounce the ball back, never mind the fact that aiming in this game is impossible, making it more like playing skee ball, but with jubbling, jiggling, sensuous, massive, beautiful, dirty pillows in your face.

I'm going to have to play it some more to see if I can find anything else wrong with it.

Cymon's Games, free source code, tutorials, and a new game every week!
Follow me on twitter
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2008, 05:32:57 AM »

Oh god. After that description, can somebody please upload a gameplay video somewhere so I can at least see what it looks like in action.
lemmy101
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2008, 05:39:44 AM »

youtube video in the works. Smiley

thanks all for the kind words! Grin

Yuka
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2008, 05:47:05 AM »

Ive also uploaded one very short video, just waiting for it to convert (or something). Tell me if you mind and I'll delete it.

Very very short video:

« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 06:14:04 AM by Yuka » Logged
dmoonfire
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2008, 07:40:56 AM »

XNA Cry

Why?

Why?

Why?

Because its easy to work with, has free development tools, works on many machines, and has the lure of being cross platform?
lemmy101
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2008, 07:48:55 AM »

XNA Cry

Why?

Why?

Why?

Because its easy to work with, has free development tools, works on many machines, and has the lure of being cross platform?

Smiley

And it takes 1/4 the time to make anything in. Unfortunately we didn't have the time to write this in anything else and get what we wanted in. If we lose votes over it not a big deal, it's just for fun. But we're sorry to all who can't play. Sad tho if you've not tried the installer try it anyway, it's fixed at least one person's install! :D

muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2008, 07:57:41 AM »

works on many machines
Haha, that's a good one :D I think there's no other game development library for Windows which works on such a small subset of machines.

and has the lure of being cross platform?
Cross-platform? Are you talking about XBox here? Because as far as I know Mono.XNA doesn't really cut it yet.

Anyway, thanks for the short gameplay video. It does seem to have an appropriate amount of, uh, juggling. Grin
Nickenstien
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2008, 09:08:02 AM »

I myself have had problems with specific XNA game installers on various machines. But installing the proper .NET framework direct from Microsoft always seems to sort it out.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=333325FD-AE52-4E35-B531-508D977D32A6&displaylang=en

Give that a whirl (it worked for me when other things didn't). Smiley

Get Large-Scale Vehicular Stealing HERE, Watch the trailer

Oracle
Pixelhead
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2008, 09:30:03 AM »

I wanted to try this, but the installation is completely invasive!
We already start on the wrong foot if you have to "install" the game, even more, it installs a whole bunch of other stuff.

I didn't apreciate this one bit... Lips Sealed
Hopefully the game will make up for it (once the damn installation ends, because its downloading shit like a madman)

EDIT: Nope, throws an error when it starts...a shame, because i really wanted to try this one.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 09:55:41 AM by Oracle » Logged
captainbinky
Level 0

My dog's got no nose...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2008, 10:08:20 AM »

Gameplay footage video for those who can't get the game to run:

http://www.youtube.com/v/8cvYNoJW_rA

Please forgive the compression glitches.

Ta

Lemmy&Binky

muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2008, 10:25:03 AM »

Ahhh, you actually have a song with karaoke sing-along lyrics, like Alternate Reality: The City! :D Truly awe-inspiring.

EDIT: And I really have no words for the outro credits. Shocked
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 10:29:21 AM by muku » Logged
Oracle
Pixelhead
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2008, 10:47:22 AM »

Gameplay footage video for those who can't get the game to run:

http://www.youtube.com/v/8cvYNoJW_rA

Please forgive the compression glitches.

Ta

Lemmy&Binky

HAahaha GENIUS!
Much apreciated, tho its a shame i couldnt run it.
captainbinky
Level 0

My dog's got no nose...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2008, 10:47:44 AM »

I wanted to try this, but the installation is completely invasive!
We already start on the wrong foot if you have to "install" the game, even more, it installs a whole bunch of other stuff.

We're sorry you feel like that - we wanted to make an installer that helped as many people as poss get up and running with XNA by downloading all the relevant bits - we figured that was better than just ZIPping the files and forcing people to hunt around looking for all the bits and bobs they need to install manually.

If people really wanted, we could provide a simple ZIP file alternative..?

EDIT: Yay! Glad you liked the vid!  Grin

mildmojo
Level 1

summer rain (soon)

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2008, 01:02:19 PM »

I'm not familiar with XNA's structure, but isn't there a way to make self-contained apps inside the framework?  Or a way to bundle the framework so that it sticks to your application's home folder?

Do commercial ventures use XNA?  They must've found a way to distribute their code without having to install an entire SDK along with it...

DEMAKE compo entry: Road Trip: Southwest USA
Cymon
Level 9

Computer Kid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2008, 01:25:43 PM »

EDIT: And I really have no words for the outro credits. Shocked
I do.

BAH-BUUUUUSSSSSSSSH-KA!

I liked the bit about physics. I'll bet you had to do hours of hands on research. I hope you recorded your findings for review later.

Cymon's Games, free source code, tutorials, and a new game every week!
Follow me on twitter
Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2008, 11:05:08 PM »

That video is great! It's a shame about the compression artifacts. You should release the end credits 'dance' as an animated GIF, it's rather special! XD

twitter: @docky
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2008, 11:56:53 PM »

I'm sorry, I really did everything I could to get this working; Your installer didn't work, so I installed the XNA Redist, updated to the Aug '08 DirectX drivers, installed the Dot Net thingy, and when that didn't work I installed the Newer dot net thing that Nickenstien linked to, and when that didn't work I did what I did last time on another computer: I installed the actual XNA dev environment with Visual C# 2005 and the service pack.

Nope. That didn't work either. You aren't using a pixel shader for this by any chance, are you?

I see from the front of the Zombie Cow website that you guys are working on a game engine in XNA... are you absolutely sure that's a good idea? I'd hate for you to put a lot of work into developing something that 90% of people aren't going to be able to run... Sad

Yuka
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2008, 11:59:24 PM »

Wtf is up with that anyway?
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2008, 12:14:42 AM »

No idea. XNA's been around since 2006; it's baffling that Microsoft still haven't gotten their act together with the redistributables yet.

What's really amazing to me is that XNA apps *crash* if their dependencies aren't found. Anything else would just give an error about how it couldn't find a DLL or whatever.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic