Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411493 Posts in 69372 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 06:17:50 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsScreenshot ▸Saturday◂
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 548
Print
Author Topic: Screenshot ▸Saturday◂  (Read 2146895 times)
Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #3580 on: April 24, 2014, 05:09:20 PM »

I don't agree. Feels fun to work towards something to both show and see from other people on saturday  Gomez

Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: April 24, 2014, 08:08:50 PM »

but the issue here is how people don't post on Saturday only
AleHitti
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3582 on: April 24, 2014, 08:28:35 PM »

Frog Sord?

JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: April 25, 2014, 02:47:48 AM »

how is that anything like frog sord

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3584 on: April 25, 2014, 05:20:33 AM »

how is that anything like frog sord

Well you see.

1. green character
2. cape
3. sord
4. jumping

its practically a clone

gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3585 on: April 25, 2014, 06:26:56 AM »

Apologies for starting early (I actually really like the once a week clumping of SS pics), but I'm going away for the weekend.

I've recently added the boss monster to Guild of Dungeoneering:

optischedel
« Reply #3586 on: April 25, 2014, 05:20:23 PM »

Labstation with science lab module

Guv
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: April 26, 2014, 12:36:41 AM »

Woo, real time terrain tools, now with a weird highlight. Goes Sculpt Up/Down, then Smooth, then Level.

Sculpt just pushes/pulls the terrain, smooth averages out any pointy bits (had it set a big strong in the gif) and Level will make the terrain match the height where you first clicked.

Behind the scenes view of the real time terrain changes, also keeping the nav mesh up to date. The red lines are where it 'samples' to check if the new terrain is pathable. The green lines are the available paths.

Now you know, actually do something with it.
zomboko
Level 0

Game designer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3588 on: April 26, 2014, 03:22:10 AM »

« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 04:46:14 AM by zomboko » Logged

iammonshushu
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3589 on: April 26, 2014, 04:07:22 AM »

Working on some cutscenes  Well, hello there!

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3590 on: April 26, 2014, 04:49:31 AM »

-snip-

Is this a game?

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
acatalept
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3591 on: April 26, 2014, 06:22:13 AM »

Building out the "labyrinth", and reshaped the landscape for a low-poly, wind-sculpted look.  Unreal Engine 4 is the best $19 I've ever spent ;)

MysticXSab
Level 0

The Weave is calling...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3592 on: April 26, 2014, 07:44:17 AM »

Building out the "labyrinth", and reshaped the landscape for a low-poly, wind-sculpted look.  Unreal Engine 4 is the best $19 I've ever spent

Saw some of your shots from last week as well. I'm really digging on the atmosphere. I was curious as to if you had experience in Unity as well, as I'd love to hear people's thoughts on Unreal 4 in comparison.

zomboko
Level 0

Game designer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3593 on: April 26, 2014, 08:53:56 AM »

Is this a game?

Yes, it is a realtime screenshot from my game "Crossing the line" (WIP). This is Cryengine Smiley
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 08:59:47 AM by zomboko » Logged

acatalept
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3594 on: April 26, 2014, 08:57:33 AM »

Saw some of your shots from last week as well. I'm really digging on the atmosphere. I was curious as to if you had experience in Unity as well, as I'd love to hear people's thoughts on Unreal 4 in comparison.

I do have some Unity experience, but I'm probably not the best person to ask.  I've mostly used the Free/Indie version to make Cubrick - I only tried Pro for a month to experiment with the Oculus Rift.  My 2 cents:

- Unreal Blueprints are a game-changer!  They have completely swayed me away from Unity.  If you haven't seen this system in action, take a look at Epic's videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZlv_N0_O1gaG5BW72It4chjhypxIO9ZB

- Unreal enables vastly more impressive visuals out of the box versus Unity Free, and while Unity Pro nearly evens the score here, its price is out of my reach.

- Coding in Unity is much easy to get started in: I have roughly equal (very little) experience in C++ or C#, but I was able to get results very quickly in C# in Unity, while I'm still confounded by the more cryptic syntax of both C++ as a language (pointers etc), as well as Unreal's API conventions.  But as the Unreal Engine API docs are fleshed out in the coming months (that's on Epic's roadmap), and more people share their own resources and experience, this should ease the learning curve.

- Deployment to a final, finished executable with Unity (I was targeting Web, Android, Windows, and Linux in my Unity project) is significantly faster and results in a seemingly much smaller final product.  I haven't spent much time stripping my Unreal project down the bare minimum for distribution, but it looks like even my currently rather minimal Unreal project will be a several hundred megabyte download, versus 10 or less for a minimal Unity project.  Again, I'm not an expert, and I'm probably missing ways to optimize this in Unreal, but for the average newcomer, this could be a stumbling block if you plan to distribute builds on your own (versus using Steam, itch.io, etc).

Long story short: scrape together $19, download the engine, download some of the free example projects from the marketplace, and watch Epic's videos.  You'll be up to speed quickly enough that you should be able to judge for yourself if it's the right fit for you, and worst case you're out the cost of dinner and few hours of your time.  Good luck!

Rosse
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3595 on: April 26, 2014, 09:08:54 AM »

We're one millimeter away from releasing Elarooh, therefore this week's #screenshotsaturday is a promo-pic for Elarooh

Red_Demitry
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3596 on: April 26, 2014, 11:00:41 AM »

#Screenshotsaturday new entry: Rogue Stars, our Rogue-like Metroidvania with nazi, zombie, flying saucer and lot of action.
You can find us in these very forums at
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=40188.0
or at
http://roguestarsgame.com

Timo Vihola
Level 1

Hardland citizen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3597 on: April 26, 2014, 11:19:10 AM »

We had a fun and productive week over here, terrain generator is faster & better and the new particle system makes the gameplay feedback that much better!

Here's a gif animation of proto wolf running around and killing everyone:

The characters are tagged with "factions" and the angry wolf just happens to hate every faction, that's why it's attacking everything in sight.   Smiley

Studioguts
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3598 on: April 26, 2014, 11:39:29 AM »

Started work on a new level today for Aegis. Hoping to sneak it into the demo, but it will at least make the new trailer!:

Aegis The Game - A 2D Adventure Platformer with Tower Defense combat.
ink.inc
« Reply #3599 on: April 26, 2014, 12:19:08 PM »

looks neat; btw the website in your signature is down :0
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 548
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic