Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 09:32:10 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsEnvironmental Station Alpha [Big update coming 10/18!]
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 59
Print
Author Topic: Environmental Station Alpha [Big update coming 10/18!]  (Read 207019 times)
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1020 on: October 10, 2014, 03:49:58 PM »

Yeah, sorry, there was a problem! Re-uploading right now...! Try again in a coupla minutes!

Grog
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: October 10, 2014, 06:35:28 PM »

Tried the demo, didn't get a chance to finish it, but definitely fell in love. Love the simple yet oddly detailed pixel art. Excited for the final game. Smiley

One-bit Punch
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1022 on: October 10, 2014, 07:19:16 PM »

Lovely art and environments! Can't believe I only noticed this game just now. You got my vote on Greenlight!

VampireSquid
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: October 10, 2014, 08:11:32 PM »

Not usually my type of game, but something about the screenshots grabbed me.  I gave you an upvote on Steam.

One comment, I wanted to get the demo and found the whole process a bit awkward, just with all the text on the greenlight page I didn't notice at first the section where you point to your website.  Probably just me being too jumpy.  Still is there any way you can post the demo directly on Steam?
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1024 on: October 11, 2014, 02:26:15 AM »

Not usually my type of game, but something about the screenshots grabbed me.  I gave you an upvote on Steam.

One comment, I wanted to get the demo and found the whole process a bit awkward, just with all the text on the greenlight page I didn't notice at first the section where you point to your website.  Probably just me being too jumpy.  Still is there any way you can post the demo directly on Steam?

Unfortunately no, Steam doesn't allow me to have any custom links on the sidebar Sad I'd really love to have a large "GET THE DEMO" -link there, though!

phi6
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1025 on: October 14, 2014, 06:31:26 AM »

Finished the demo, that boss was pretty tough! Although I felt like he needed one more "crazy" aggressive mode at the end to mix it up more, possibly at 5%-10% health. Regardless, it was hugely enjoyable and I can't wait to play the full thing!

Congrats!

TinyKeep is now on Steam!
@phi6
Low_Chance
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: October 14, 2014, 06:37:19 AM »

Finished the demo last night. I also got beat up pretty badly by the boss until I got the hang of it.

I particularly like the grappling hook. That kind of movement feels really fast and powerful, but also skill-intensive. I hope in the real game there will be lots of relatively-safe areas to just mess around with the grappling hook, because it's fun (and better once you get the practice in).
R.D.
Level 2

Making a game about balls. Yepp.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1027 on: October 21, 2014, 10:06:15 AM »

Someone needs to speedrun this. I can totally see this with grappling hook and dash. Awesome Game!

DangerMomentum
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1028 on: October 22, 2014, 08:07:56 AM »

Voted on Greenlight because I'm a sucker for anything Metroidy and this looks fantastic. Best of luck, can't wait to play the whole thing.

Scott
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1029 on: October 23, 2014, 04:59:54 PM »

Someone needs to speedrun this. I can totally see this with grappling hook and dash. Awesome Game!
Was there a dash in the demo?

I finished it. It was WAY too short. I'm excited for more - you captured the atmosphere perfectly! My son loves it too - you've breached a generation gap!

Siilk
Level 0

Techpriest software enginseer

View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: October 23, 2014, 07:43:41 PM »

Looks awesome!
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1031 on: October 24, 2014, 02:11:08 PM »

Heyy, thanks everyone for the feedback and compliments! The demo's difficulty curve is pretty intense due to everything being compressed; it doesn't have the dash powerups but th hookshot can be used to get fast from place A to B.

@Scott: hey, glad to hear that your son enjoyed the game Smiley a big fear for me is that the art style along with the relatively high difficulty might make the game uninviting to newer or more casual players.

Yesterday I finished the last secret cutscene and thus made the game work as a whole; there now should be no unintentional dead ends, no unfinished paths or otherwise WIP stuff, although obviously there are endless amounts of polish that can be added. Pretty happy about that!

One part of the finalizations caused this to happen:

uh_oh.png

The Greenlight is going... fine? I think. I'm not sure if there's any definite way to say how close the game is to being greenlit, so we'll have to wait on that. I feel that I should work more on showing off the game but I'm really bad at that kind of stuff and in general dislike it, so we'll see how things go Embarrassed Thanks for your support, everyone Smiley

DarkWanderer
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: October 24, 2014, 06:04:21 PM »

How did that happen & is there any way to find an exploit to make the whole game like that? I think Metroid 2 had a similiar graphical glitch where you could get through a wall, causing area tiles to be misplaced/distorted. That or it was a World Zero kind of deal. I know alot of those glitches were caused by hardware limitations though, not sure how easy it is to replicate with more modern games.
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1033 on: November 14, 2014, 09:33:07 AM »

There's an AMA-style showcase of ESA and other games on Reddit right now! I guess there's really no point in asking questions there since this is a forum but I felt like posting some news. Undecided

http://www.reddit.com/r/gamedev/comments/2mar5l/the_rgamedev_quarterly_showcase_2_111414/

(Greenlight still going, not much happening Sad )

ronare
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: December 07, 2014, 11:50:21 AM »

sooo... will the full game release before xmas? Smiley i know it's very close, but i'd love to play it with my brother !
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1035 on: December 29, 2014, 02:17:03 PM »

Sorry for the long pause. ESA has been successfully Greenlit! More information will appear once I know more Smiley

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=323687528

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1036 on: December 29, 2014, 03:04:12 PM »

Excellent, congrats! :D

Boreal
Level 6

Reinventing the wheel

View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: December 29, 2014, 03:55:17 PM »

Congrats!

"In software, the only numbers of significance are 0, 1, and N." - Josh Barczak

magma - Reconstructed Mantle API
muki
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: December 29, 2014, 05:57:04 PM »

gratz on being greenlit!  Gentleman

can't wait!
new_name
« Reply #1039 on: December 30, 2014, 01:24:17 AM »

Looks really awesome and really simple. May I know what software did you use to make the pixelart?
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 59
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic