Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 06:43:41 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsEnvironmental Station Alpha [Big update coming 10/18!]
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 59
Print
Author Topic: Environmental Station Alpha [Big update coming 10/18!]  (Read 207068 times)
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: December 24, 2012, 06:47:12 PM »

i cant post things on its wall plz fix Sad

play hydlide 2
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #481 on: December 24, 2012, 06:57:20 PM »

I disabled that function because... what would people want to post there? Hmm. Oh well, I'll enable it and see what happens.

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #482 on: December 27, 2012, 01:45:09 PM »

The 9th boss is now ready for action! And with that, I can start working on the tenth, heh. After that, the temple area will be finished, and I can turn my eyes to the rest of the volcanic sector.

kinifi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 27, 2012, 01:52:50 PM »

I love that art style! Looks great but maybe a different thread name will help.
kleiba
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 29, 2012, 11:30:18 AM »

The 9th boss is now ready for action!

That looks awesome, man!

But don't you think that the turning light beam looks somewhat disconnected from the actual boss? I think, that makes it look very "geometrical" (for lack of a better word). Perhaps just changing the color of where it is connected to the boss (the hub) would fix that? Or making that part a little bigger, just like it looks at the very end before it disappears...
muki
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 29, 2012, 12:45:18 PM »

Maybe add some subtle blueish highlights to the "front" of the boss when the laser is on?
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #486 on: December 29, 2012, 05:41:09 PM »

I'm going to add some kind of afterglow to make it look more like a cool laser and less like a white line. But yeah, those are some good points! I'm a bit too fond of weird lasers. I'll add that to the 'polish this' -list. Smiley

Work on the tenth boss is going pretty smoothly - I'll soon be done with the first of three(?) forms. I have some serious problems not linking screenshots of the boss - I think I should keep some stuff secret.

Bandreus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #487 on: December 29, 2012, 07:52:22 PM »

I can't be helped but think the 9th one kinda looks a bit dumb being there standing(?) in the same place for the whole fight. I hope it will float in the background while you're busy dodging bullets and lasers. Also, I can really see a green-ish mist for a nice added touch.

I have some serious problems not linking screenshots of the boss - I think I should keep some stuff secret.

Definitely keep some of the best stuff secret Wink

Can't wait to play this  Corny Laugh Corny Laugh

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #488 on: December 29, 2012, 08:46:47 PM »

The idea is, though, that the 9th boss is a statue of some sort. I agree that it's kind of passive, what with only moving its hands, but I'll return to that later if I figure out something to help that. I'll try to make the 'actual' bosses as cool-looking as possible, though; the 10th one is pretty sweet already (in my opinion)!

Ashkin
« Reply #489 on: December 29, 2012, 10:29:57 PM »

Maybe find a way to make the eyes follow your movement? Or vibrate only the statue when  it makes a strong attack?
Bandreus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #490 on: December 30, 2012, 03:46:12 AM »

The idea is, though, that the 9th boss is a statue of some sort. I agree that it's kind of passive, what with only moving its hands, but I'll return to that later if I figure out something to help that.

Aw, sorry I didn't get that at all. Clearly I cannot judge the whole picture by looking at a short gif  Huh? Now that you mention that, the rotating laser is generated by the red gem in its chest, makes sense.

Maybe show a hint of its lower body standing on its own pedestal, all wrapped in shadows ofc, to help the idea of an animated statue to sell better?

kleiba
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 30, 2012, 05:56:45 AM »

I've got to say I kinda like the fact that the boss is so static. It reminds me of these old stop-motion adventure movies with giant statues that come to life. :-)
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #492 on: December 30, 2012, 06:47:39 AM »

The idea is, though, that the 9th boss is a statue of some sort. I agree that it's kind of passive, what with only moving its hands, but I'll return to that later if I figure out something to help that.

Maybe show a hint of its lower body standing on its own pedestal, all wrapped in shadows ofc, to help the idea of an animated statue to sell better?

Yeah, I suppose that'd be a very good idea. I guess I kind of chickened out of having to draw the full body there, haha. Tongue

muki
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 30, 2012, 08:57:36 AM »

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #494 on: December 30, 2012, 09:52:16 AM »

Very inspiring hempuli

It's made with flash ?

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #495 on: December 30, 2012, 04:42:57 PM »

-
Wait-

Very inspiring hempuli

It's made with flash ?

Nope, it's made using Multimedia Fusion 2, a game creation tool by Clickteam. (Using it is probably the biggest mistake I've made in terms of the game's development process!)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 05:03:14 PM by Hempuli‽ » Logged

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #496 on: December 30, 2012, 04:54:54 PM »

Oh nice
i got the demo some while ago and dropped , it was a bit strange

I know the french click team , they made another framework kinda like MMfII i think (not sure)

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #497 on: December 30, 2012, 05:06:43 PM »

MMF 2 is the latest thing in their 'klik' series of game-creation tools; they started off with Klik'n'Play, then The Games Factory, then Multimedia Fusion 1 and 1.5 and finally MMF 2. They're working on MMF 3 but I'm rather skeptical in regards of that one.

Martin 2BAM
Level 10

@iam2bam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #498 on: December 30, 2012, 05:23:46 PM »

This game looks extremely nice! Misterious, hardcore and addictive, my kind of game!

One suggestion: The trailer starts a bit slow for a fast-paced game, I skipped after the 3rd text and went straight to the middle (~2:10)... and from there it was awesome!
I'm also making a teaser and I've been given some rad tips from other users on this thread.

Working on HeliBrawl
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #499 on: December 30, 2012, 05:36:23 PM »

Hahah, yeah, I agree on that criticism! I suppose my approach to creating the trailer was a bit off. I'm pretty happy with the trailer as a whole, though, I just gotta remember to be more to the point later on. Thanks for the link! Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 59
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic