May I ask you how the GameMonkey compares, according to you, to AngelScript and ChaiScript?
I am by far not an expert on scripting languages, so this might just be nonsensical ramblings. But my thoughts were, since I wanted to focus on cross-platform, the script bindings should not require any such libraries as boost-lib (in Luabind) or any gnarly use of templates, which can slow down build times and is sort of hard to debug. When I did my initial light
research into AngelScript, I was slightly turned off by their templated bind syntax. Heavy use of templates makes me a sad panda. In Chaiscript, I saw Boost headers and I screamed like a little girl.
I mentioned in the previous post about my thoughts on Lua. My company uses Gamemonkey and I found it really easy to use and to bind classes from C++. Also, it was extremely portable, as we were able to have it running on PlayStation 3 dev-kits quite cleanly. It also builds in 64-bit mode, has great support for debugging and many other groovy features.