Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 02:51:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingA Night In-Between [Stealth Action-Adventure game]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: A Night In-Between [Stealth Action-Adventure game]  (Read 19410 times)
beto
Level 0

Game Designer @ Aduge Studio

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2012, 09:25:36 AM »

Our writer prepared a compilation of every text of the game! =]

We have a google docs with them all so that you can read everything and edit.
So you all that kindly offered proof reading, send me a PM with your e-mails and I can add you as editors of the document! =]

Ps: Soon I'll have a new build with tons of improvement!

Aduge's first fully fledged game, A Night In-Between, has been released and needs your vote on Greenlight to get on Steam.
DaedalusCoder
Level 0

Make indie with me.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2012, 03:08:25 PM »

Wow this game looks awesome! Good job! It makes me happy to see Brazilian developers making good games. (também sou brasileiro) Wink

I downloaded the demo from the link in the official game website and I got some problems. Just now I've realized that this is probably not the same build you're working on, but it's still important to update the demo version at the website for people to download...

I first ran the game with the default settings and it was kinda slow and the textures were really blurry, so I took it down to the "fastest" setting in windowed mode in a lower resolution.
After i did this the textures got fixed, but most of the characters just wouldn't show up (they are only shadows).

I am using a notebook, but I'd think it would be able to run this fine since it ran Bastion no problem and even Diablo III in low settings.

Here are some screens. Really weird. I first thought that it was part of the game, but then I saw some of the videos. lol

Me talking to a shadow.

Shadows hunt me down the hallway.

And this happens with most characters. (but not all) =/
beto
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2012, 01:03:13 PM »

Wow this game looks awesome! Good job! It makes me happy to see Brazilian developers making good games. (também sou brasileiro)
Thanks a lot, buddy! It's very gratifying to have this kind of support! =]

I downloaded the demo from the link in the official game website and I got some problems. Just now I've realized that this is probably not the same build you're working on, but it's still important to update the demo version at the website for people to download...
You're right! We'll do it asap! Actually when I'd have the next build available the demo on the game's site will be updated too.

I first ran the game with the default settings and it was kinda slow and the textures were really blurry, so I took it down to the "fastest" setting in windowed mode in a lower resolution.
After i did this the textures got fixed, but most of the characters just wouldn't show up (they are only shadows).
I know it feels frustrating for the comparison you've made.
On the version you've played the launcher configurations had almost no effect. Now we only have three options and they help a little more, but not taht much since they're more effective for 3d based games.
As far as I (suspect to) know, this issue you had is caused when the game runs in a video card that doesn't support large (2048x2048) textures and the sprite sheet of the NPCs are this size. Could you provide me your system specs?

Aduge's first fully fledged game, A Night In-Between, has been released and needs your vote on Greenlight to get on Steam.
DaedalusCoder
Level 0

Make indie with me.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2012, 07:20:25 PM »

Yeah, that's probably it. My graphics card is the worst thing about my laptop. =/

Here are my specs:
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2012, 04:51:40 PM »

The game is quite interesting, though I have a few problems. first of all, I have no idea why the game runs so slowly on my system, even though I far exceed the requirements; I sometimes get speeds as low as 10fps, especially in the forest intro scene. Secondly, the game over screen needs to be much faster to get past, since in some places you may die quite a lot and it's important to get back into the action.

If these are fixed in later builds, I'd suggest updating either the beta here or the demo build on your site.

If you can get the performance issues worked out, though, I will definitely buy the finished product. Seems really clever, and some good puzzles.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 06:55:36 PM by crowe » Logged
beto
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2012, 06:13:07 AM »

Yeah, that's probably it. My graphics card is the worst thing about my laptop. =/
It's the 64MB of dedicated memory, the game usually occupy something around 70-80MB. And I guess there might have some peaks of more than 128MB, so 256MB VRAM should be the least ideal...
I don't know if we're able to do something about it so that the game would run fine even with 64MB VRAM =/

The game is quite interesting, though I have a few problems. first of all, I have no idea why the game runs so slowly on my system, even though I far exceed the requirements; I sometimes get speeds as low as 10fps, especially in the forest intro scene. Secondly, the game over screen needs to be much faster to get past, since in some places you may die quite a lot and it's important to get back into the action.

If these are fixed in later builds, I'd suggest updating either the beta here or the demo build on your site.

If you can get the performance issues worked out, though, I will definitely buy the finished product. Seems really clever, and some good puzzles.
First I'd like to thank you for the compliments =]

That's true... Sometimes the game lags a lot and it shouldn't be like this. But as far as I can tell we solved some bugs that were consuming performance (some in the intro scene) and tried to optimize lots of things.
I'm quite anxious to share the new build (hopefully today I'll have it) with you (and update the available demo) to find out if the performance tweaks we made worked somehow...

The original idea for the game over screen was to be possible to skip it (maybe after the first time) so you could accelerate the whole process of coming back to play. I think it was forgotten when the game over screen was implemented... I'll try reminding people of it.

Thanks to you both for the support and feedbacks! =]
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 06:48:34 AM by beto » Logged

crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2012, 10:19:44 PM »

I am not sure what was causing my performance issues, since they seem to have vanished overnight. However, I have experienced a few bugs in the beta build which I should point out.
First, sometimes hitting space won't bring up a dialog box, for whatever reason. There doesn't seem to be a pattern to this -- it just happens sometimes.
Second, Sometimes even if an NPC is dead, their dialog will appear where they would have been.
THirdly, when I went through the teleporter related to the exploded room, I was faced with a blank white screen and nothing happened however long I waited. The map and menu could still be brought up, but nothing happened. This is true every time I go through it.

This game is fantastic, incidentally. When it's through being fixed it'll be one of the best indie games I've ever had the fortune to experience.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 10:33:20 PM by crowe » Logged
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2012, 10:28:58 PM »

One other thing -- the items (the Hematite, the Bismuth, etc). I get the idea of not having an inventory, but it causes problems when you're carrying an item around and solve a stealth area or spike puzzle only to find another item... so you have to leave the former one there. This occured for me with the Hematite (which I was carrying) which I was forced to leave in the alternate palace because I found the vial of water. If you really want to only have one item at a time, at least mark the map with their locations once we find them or put them somewhere -- if there's a way to avoid having to do this, by the way, it'd be good to know. it's difficult to know at first which items you will need, and where, so it's bad to punish the player for carrying one around to see if it'll be useful, which the current system does. Maybe a traditional inventory would be better in this case -- unlike the keys, they don't seem to affect visibility, so the only real change gameplay-wise would be not having to manage them and remember where they all have been left.

If not, a central place to stash things would at least be a compromise -- maybe make items dropped on the floor or left behind instead reappear somewhere central, possibly in the central teleporter room? Then you could keep the single item thing but still allow people to not be punished for carrying around a hunk of bismuth while they explore the palace.
beto
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2012, 09:19:17 AM »

I am not sure what was causing my performance issues, since they seem to have vanished overnight. However, I have experienced a few bugs in the beta build which I should point out.
First, sometimes hitting space won't bring up a dialog box, for whatever reason. There doesn't seem to be a pattern to this -- it just happens sometimes.
Second, Sometimes even if an NPC is dead, their dialog will appear where they would have been.
THirdly, when I went through the teleporter related to the exploded room, I was faced with a blank white screen and nothing happened however long I waited. The map and menu could still be brought up, but nothing happened. This is true every time I go through it.
I think these bugs were already solved.
The first one is related to the text manager, there were some texts missing the the script or that were with the text missing. Either way we went through every text on the game trying to make sure all of them are fine. There were some cases that the collision of the investigation icon didn't have the same size of the text manager so you'd see the icon but wouldn't be able to trigger the text. We also tryied to make them all the same size throughout the game. (if you still happen to have this kind of problem point where it happened and I'll fix it)
The second one was fixed, now the text will only appear if its interlocutors are alive. However (it's something else, even though it's something similar) there are some texts that have some seconds of delay before the text show up and if you kill the related NPC, after the delay is over its balloon will show up (and close instantly, at least [this makes it less strange]). This still has to be fixed, but fortunately there are few texts with delays.
The third was something silly. Someone placed the teleporter glyph and didn't remove the teleporter component. I've already removed it in both ends of the explosion.

One other thing -- the items (the Hematite, the Bismuth, etc). I get the idea of not having an inventory, but it causes problems when you're carrying an item around and solve a stealth area or spike puzzle only to find another item... so you have to leave the former one there. This occured for me with the Hematite (which I was carrying) which I was forced to leave in the alternate palace because I found the vial of water. If you really want to only have one item at a time, at least mark the map with their locations once we find them or put them somewhere -- if there's a way to avoid having to do this, by the way, it'd be good to know. it's difficult to know at first which items you will need, and where, so it's bad to punish the player for carrying one around to see if it'll be useful, which the current system does. Maybe a traditional inventory would be better in this case -- unlike the keys, they don't seem to affect visibility, so the only real change gameplay-wise would be not having to manage them and remember where they all have been left.

If not, a central place to stash things would at least be a compromise -- maybe make items dropped on the floor or left behind instead reappear somewhere central, possibly in the central teleporter room? Then you could keep the single item thing but still allow people to not be punished for carrying around a hunk of bismuth while they explore the palace.
We're thinking about some things to tackle this problem.
The first would be a small icon, probably next to the poison meter, indicating the mini object you're carrying when you're in stealth mode.
Also we're thinking about treating the vials as keys, so you'd carry it visible on your hand just like a key (it wouldn't be much of a difference gameplaywise since you're already visible there).
Maybe these two measures might solve the problems related to carrying stuff around.
If it still feel like a problem an object holder could be added to the central hub (on the normal castle).

beto
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2012, 03:12:21 PM »

It's with great joy that I announce the new build!  Toast Right
\o/

www.qasir.adugestudio.com/builds/beta/QasirBeta120705.rar
(Mac build will come soon)

What's new on it?
- Tons of bugs corrected (including some that caused performance leaks, like when more than one guard hears you and the most annoying bug with the alchemic pipes being unselectable)
- Performance was improved (I don't know how if it's already good enough, but it's better)
- The brightness control now have more levels
- There is a remark with the how to play
- When you enter a mini game puzzle there is a graphic intruction of how to control it
- You can
- Lots of new props (like new carpets, bushes, fireflies)
- Improvement of existing props (like the new and more fluid particle system of the smokes)
- Two extra tilesets one for the old rooms and one for the cursed rooms
- The sound puzzle is working with sound (and had its feedback improved)! haha
- Other puzzles had their feedback improved
- The door guards now have their own graphics!
- The fucking Djinn is there now!
- There is a new type of guard for the cursed rooms
- The boring rooms that change on the cursed rooms were removed and new puzzles took their places!
- An easter egg room that can be opened by a secret path somewhere =]
- I've assured that it's possible to beat the game, both endings, without killing a single person but the targets
- The stun poison is working as should

I'd risk saying that it's way better than the last one =]
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 05:28:23 AM by beto » Logged

beto
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2012, 11:49:22 AM »

Hey hey hey!!!
I have the most exciting news of the whole existence of our studio, and maybe our lives until now!!!

WE'RE IndieCade FINALISTS!!!

I'd really really like to thank all of you for it!
You surely made a fucking difference and were vital on this achievement!

« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 09:24:08 AM by beto » Logged

igor
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2012, 05:29:30 PM »

I have just finished Qasir al Wasat (the "proper" ending) and I must say I'm simply amazed by it. This game is absolutely gorgeous. I think it deserves much more exposure than it seems to be getting now, it's definitely an "AAA indie" game. It's beautiful, exotic and mysterious. It's awesome how being stuck and backtracking actually adds to the immersion, atmosphere and mystery of this game while it has exactly opposite effect in most other games. The story and "lore" are great too, it's clear it was written by someone who really knows what they're doing. It looks and sounds fantastic too.

I have some more technical feedback:

The game crashed few times during my gameplay. It seems it alway crashes after some (large) amount of room transitions. I have some crash dumps which I can provide.

I found the vial room with many spikes and arrows (the one with the gate in the middle of the spike field) annoying. It was very detached from the rest of the game (including other trap rooms). I was dying constantly even after figuring out the best way to progress is to step on spike tiles only. It's very hard to maneuver precisely and "feel" the character's hit box in this scenario.

There is a confusing statue in the blue palace - you can insert any object into it and no matter what it is the statue will appear as it's holding a gem. I have managed to bring an actual gem there and nothing happened. Maybe I have missed something but it looked like a glitch (and I didn't find any use for the statue).

After putting the box into it's place in the room with Jackal guards and examining it again the character says something like "the vial I'm holding doesn't fit here" even if he isn't holding anything.

I was stuck for a while because it didn't occur to me that I can open the door by killing all guards in the room near the first laboratory (other guard comes into the room after killing them). It was unclear to me because the game communicates that AI "doesn't work" between the rooms except characters leaving the room after conversation.
beto
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2012, 09:00:24 PM »

Hey, that's great! Thanks a lot! =]
It's really really gratifying to hear it!
It took some time to find a good balance with the backtrackings and this sensation that you're lost, but without seeming unfair (I hope we get this feeling on most players). This (and the fact that you die in one strike too) was something of old games, that's being somewhat rarer nowdays, that we tried to evoke on our game.
Our content design did a lot of research and carefully wrote the narrative (and we counted with awesome helping from some people like MW from here and a historian from our city) so that the game would feel like a dark arabian night =]

Unfortunately we're quite lost about what to do to get our game more noticed... Event though we're IndieCade finalists and have sent lots of press releases that are netting us very nice reviews, huge sites like Rock Paper Shotgun also made awesome reviews (we still haven't reappeared on indiegames.com yet), our game is still quite obscure.

We're trying to get to Steam and there is a page for our game on Greenlight.

The game crashed few times during my gameplay. It seems it alway crashes after some (large) amount of room transitions. I have some crash dumps which I can provide.
If you could provide me the crash dumps, along with your system specs, it might be good for us to know what might be the cause.

I found the vial room with many spikes and arrows (the one with the gate in the middle of the spike field) annoying. It was very detached from the rest of the game (including other trap rooms). I was dying constantly even after figuring out the best way to progress is to step on spike tiles only. It's very hard to maneuver precisely and "feel" the character's hit box in this scenario.

To be honest this one was one of the very last puzzles added to the game, and this was quite late. Although it has been thought to fit the theme "alive traps" of that whole area, it didn't have the same ammount of time to be polished like the other ones. But do you think it's detached because of the manouver problems, or by simply existing? Why exactly you considered it? How dark is your monitor? Do you think there's a chance the darkness is getting in your way (as I can recall I think this room is a little more darker than the other ones with spikes and arrows)? Have you tried changing the brightness on the options? Lots of questions haha

There is a confusing statue in the blue palace - you can insert any object into it and no matter what it is the statue will appear as it's holding a gem. I have managed to bring an actual gem there and nothing happened. Maybe I have missed something but it looked like a glitch (and I didn't find any use for the statue).

This is a bug and it will be fixed on the upcoming (don't know when, but it will exist) patch. Did you figure out what that satue meant and why it was empty?

After putting the box into it's place in the room with Jackal guards and examining it again the character says something like "the vial I'm holding doesn't fit here" even if he isn't holding anything.

This is also a bug (one I thought that was already solved, even though the symptoms were slightly different) and I've taken note of it for the patch.

I was stuck for a while because it didn't occur to me that I can open the door by killing all guards in the room near the first laboratory (other guard comes into the room after killing them). It was unclear to me because the game communicates that AI "doesn't work" between the rooms except characters leaving the room after conversation.

This was a mixture of an attempt to make it feel like events might occur and involve people from other places (so that the AI wouldn't feel so dull) and to ensure that you would always have means to enter that room (at first it could be a miss forever). One other thing I tried to do with the AI (to feel more liked between scenes) was that an alarm could only be triggered if there were guards alive on the adjacent room (although I haven't ensured 100% on every case).

Thanks again, dude! =]

beto
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2012, 09:22:31 PM »

Qasir al-Wasat: A Night in-Between is on Steam Greenlight.
If you liked the game and have an account give us our vote =]

Morroque
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2012, 09:56:59 PM »

I have cast my vote towards you, and have since sent notice to the other playtesters as well.

It unnerves me to put my candle of hope for the game in the middle of such wild chaos that lime green moonlight inspires, but in times like these what choice do we have...?
igor
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2012, 01:52:22 AM »

Yes, I think you have absolutely succeeded with the dark arabian night feeling. Everything from the title of the game to the use of pomegranates evokes this feeling :-)

I'll PM you the crash dumps and system specs.

To be honest this one was one of the very last puzzles added to the game, and this was quite late. Although it has been thought to fit the theme "alive traps" of that whole area, it didn't have the same ammount of time to be polished like the other ones. But do you think it's detached because of the manouver problems, or by simply existing? Why exactly you considered it? How dark is your monitor? Do you think there's a chance the darkness is getting in your way (as I can recall I think this room is a little more darker than the other ones with spikes and arrows)? Have you tried changing the brightness on the options? Lots of questions haha

Just to be clear - I'm talking about the room with a vertical corridor filled with timed spikes arranged in 2x2 tile blocks, there are arrow triggers scattered in this "spike field". I think there is a wine vial in this room. I'm not talking about the room with a hidden safe path. It has nothing to do with brightness. It's about the controls. They are generally ok but I feel they don't work good in situations requiring both precision and timing. It's hard to predict where exactly will the character stop and which position is safe on a sub-tile scale. It's also difficult to delicately adjust the character's position when I see I'm too far. I had to switch to keyboard controls just for this room (I was playing with a controller) and it was still quite a pain. I have figured I must step on the spike tiles only (the arrows are evadable but it's much harder and feels more "random" than timing the spikes) but it's still hard and annoying because there are many places where I needed to run to the end of the 2x2 spike block, turn left/right and navigate through 1-tile wide patch of spikes between arrow triggers. The sequence is very long, only the first half of it is visible on screen before commiting to the run and it's impossible to plan in advance. This room is really hard, it feels unfair due to controls and I think it doesn't fit the rest of the game. Just to give you a better idea about my gaming skills - I'm not some super-hardcore player but I have finished Super Meat Boy some time ago, so I'm not a casual player either :-) I'm not saying you absolutely must remove that part or something, maybe it's just me having so much trouble with it.

This is a bug and it will be fixed on the upcoming (don't know when, but it will exist) patch. Did you figure out what that satue meant and why it was empty?

No, I didn't figure it out. I thought it had something to do with the gem (ruby?), but when I put the gem there nothing happened. I didn't find a way to take the gem without replacing it for something needed to progress either. I didn't really think about the statue much because it felt glitchy and I have progressed anyway.

This was a mixture of an attempt to make it feel like events might occur and involve people from other places (so that the AI wouldn't feel so dull) and to ensure that you would always have means to enter that room (at first it could be a miss forever). One other thing I tried to do with the AI (to feel more liked between scenes) was that an alarm could only be triggered if there were guards alive on the adjacent room (although I haven't ensured 100% on every case).

I see. It just felt random because nothing like that happened before (or I just don't remember it, I have opened this door quite late in the game) and it just didn't make much sense to me to be honest :-)

Oh one more thing - I saw someone in the greenlight discussion stating that alchemy puzzle controls are weird. I agree but I have got used to them fairly quickly. My main gripe with them is that when I wanted to put the pipe down and I have automatically pressed the "cancel button" it has canceled the whole puzzle without any prompt. It has happened several times and I had to be REALLY careful not to press this button again :-)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 02:18:43 AM by igor » Logged
beto
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2012, 05:51:25 AM »

I have cast my vote towards you, and have since sent notice to the other playtesters as well.
It unnerves me to put my candle of hope for the game in the middle of such wild chaos that lime green moonlight inspires, but in times like these what choice do we have...?
Thank you, dude! =]
Well... I'm really anxious about it. Our meter has just reached 1% yesterday, almost two weeks later... (the only thing that makes me a little more comfortable is that we've got a high favorite per view rate [although it can't be seen anymore] and I've heard that they would take it into consideration... anyways, anything about Greenlight seems so uncertain and confusing)
I wish they have put the U$100 fee from the start so it wouldn't be overloaded with crap (like game ideas, flashlike games [not all of them suck but Steam is not Kongregate], requests, fakes, etc).

Just to be clear - I'm talking about the room with a vertical corridor filled with timed spikes arranged in 2x2 tile blocks, there are arrow triggers scattered in this "spike field". I think there is a wine vial in this room. I'm not talking about the room with a hidden safe path. It has nothing to do with brightness. It's about the controls. They are generally ok but I feel they don't work good in situations requiring both precision and timing. It's hard to predict where exactly will the character stop and which position is safe on a sub-tile scale. It's also difficult to delicately adjust the character's position when I see I'm too far. I had to switch to keyboard controls just for this room (I was playing with a controller) and it was still quite a pain. I have figured I must step on the spike tiles only (the arrows are evadable but it's much harder and feels more "random" than timing the spikes) but it's still hard and annoying because there are many places where I needed to run to the end of the 2x2 spike block, turn left/right and navigate through 1-tile wide patch of spikes between arrow triggers. The sequence is very long, only the first half of it is visible on screen before commiting to the run and it's impossible to plan in advance. This room is really hard, it feels unfair due to controls and I think it doesn't fit the rest of the game. Just to give you a better idea about my gaming skills - I'm not some super-hardcore player but I have finished Super Meat Boy some time ago, so I'm not a casual player either :-) I'm not saying you absolutely must remove that part or something, maybe it's just me having so much trouble with it.

That's the room I was thinking about. I asked all those questions as I was trying to clarify the situation and think possible reasons. Unfortunately with the input manager we were using, we had few means to optimize the game for controller (at first it wasn't even on plans, but we've found out it would suck not to have any gamepad support) and we did the best we could. Well... I can say that it's easier to navigate through the spikes with stealth (there's enough time to get from a spike cell to another between their triggers) and it's better to avoid every pressure plate that's not the right one to open the gate (indicated by the marking on the wall instead of the bolt hole), since with little room to maneuver they're deadly. Also that very own pressure plate is a safe spot and as far as I know the spikes are on a checker pattern (different from the room with the giant dead demon that the left wing spikes are arranged on a different pattern) so it would help a little after you grab the wine vial.

No, I didn't figure it out. I thought it had something to do with the gem (ruby?), but when I put the gem there nothing happened. I didn't find a way to take the gem without replacing it for something needed to progress either. I didn't really think about the statue much because it felt glitchy and I have progressed anyway.

Then I won't say much to keep it less spoiled, but that statue is empty handed because the vial it was holding has already been taken.

I see. It just felt random because nothing like that happened before (or I just don't remember it, I have opened this door quite late in the game) and it just didn't make much sense to me to be honest :-)

Have you watched the whole "cutscene" (and waited some seconds for the anxious guard) between the two guards on that room? I think it would make a little more sense...

Oh one more thing - I saw someone in the greenlight discussion stating that alchemy puzzle controls are weird. I agree but I have got used to them fairly quickly. My main gripe with them is that when I wanted to put the pipe down and I have automatically pressed the "cancel button" it has canceled the whole puzzle without any prompt. It has happened several times and I had to be REALLY careful not to press this button again :-)
At first we wanted the puzzle to stay as left, upon exiting, and you would have a reset button from inside the puzzle. But everything related to the alchemic puzzle is a hell to change because the was made by another programmer that was helping us with our lacking of programming manpower. The problem is that he left us even without debugging the puzzle (and there was a terrible bug that some pipes would become unselectable and you had to exit and reenter the puzzle... we have to figure out how to fix it by looking of his alien code and took us very long to fix it).

igor
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2012, 06:13:09 AM »

Then I won't say much to keep it less spoiled, but that statue is empty handed because the vial it was holding has already been taken.

Oh, you're right, I forgot I actually thought about the vial that has been already taken and if this has something to do with the empty statue (+ probably the less intelligent creature that has been killed in the blue palace?). The fact that it is displaying the gem when you put something there suggested that it has something to do with the gem, maybe it actually does? :-) I don't know but it's a bug and it's definitely confusing...

Have you watched the whole "cutscene" (and waited some seconds for the anxious guard) between the two guards on that room? I think it would make a little more sense...

Oh I see (well I guess I know what is supposed to happen there now)... I have definitely watched the scene but I have probably left too soon :-) It actually does make sense, especially because the guard who unlocks the door is visible from the laboratory...
beto
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2012, 10:51:35 AM »

Oh, you're right, I forgot I actually thought about the vial that has been already taken and if this has something to do with the empty statue (+ probably the less intelligent creature that has been killed in the blue palace?). The fact that it is displaying the gem when you put something there suggested that it has something to do with the gem, maybe it actually does? :-) I don't know but it's a bug and it's definitely confusing...

Your guessing about the vial and the other goetian demon is right. Try not minding about the statue showing only the gem haha consider it should show what you really put there. The bug is probably related to the statue having lost connection to the prefab, and the prefab was updated with new scripts (like the mini object pulsing highlight). But the

is meant to be used only on the scale.

Oh I see (well I guess I know what is supposed to happen there now)... I have definitely watched the scene but I have probably left too soon :-) It actually does make sense, especially because the guard who unlocks the door is visible from the laboratory...

And then the anxious guard that leaves to the laboratory has a conversation with the dude there. Also the guard that remained in the room leaves and the gate to the corridor (with the pool) is open, indicating that he left through it.

TigrouDuRouergue
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2012, 12:00:23 PM »

Hello,

This is a great game, where can I get help for it?

I have found one vial (the one which is mentioned above in the thread), but I don't know where to look for the other ones. I have also found the third guardian, but of course not killed him. I think there's a room (somewhere in a magical passage) which I can't seem to enter. It is closed by a gate over which three blood drops are painted. There's also a room full of columns which seems to be infinite (or wrap around), and I don't know what to do inside it. I have opened both gates at the twin riddle, but it doesn't seem to do anything useful except give access to the corridor. I have gathered 27 secrets over 32.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic