Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 06:04:12 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingA Night In-Between [Stealth Action-Adventure game]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: A Night In-Between [Stealth Action-Adventure game]  (Read 19539 times)
beto
Level 0

Game Designer @ Aduge Studio

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: September 23, 2012, 09:33:43 PM »

Say Beto, were there any actual flags or secrets put in for pacifist runs?

I know DB and some of these newer players decided to try a no-kills-other-than-the-targets playstyle, but having played through it myself so much, there are basically a few rooms I can think of in the Northwestern end of the palace that are just so obviously begging for a slaughter. I haven't been able to figure out a route through them. Notably, the westernmost Warp Zone you need to carry a key through, the flooded patio, and the one guarded room with a really short timed gate. These specific areas strike me as preventing pacifist playthroughs from continuing - especially that one warp zone. You need at least one kill in there. (I know you have a video of yourself doing the flooded patio, but I swear that is just good luck.)

If only I could still powershuffle my way silently through the palace, ar?
We couldn't make it, since we only managed to implement something to monitor the game on the last days of the project.
What I can say is that for the international version we'll have an achievement system (and try to have only things that are really nice [or at least fun] like killing no one but the targets, or finding the secret easter egg room [that I think no one has reached yet]).

Believe me that it's possible to get through that warp zone unnoticed.
I hint I can give you is to leave the key on the previous room and study the guards' patrol, then go back to pick up the key and sneak past them with their patrols reset.

As for the flooded patio try activating the lever when the leftmost guard is patrolling to the right, then start walking away and after they stop their suspicious time run for the gate and there should be enough time. It's a matter of timing your walking and running.

The room with the lever on the center and four guards on the corners is supposed to be a run-for-your-life to pass with no kills. Also, the only way to do it is to activate the lever from above and be the closest possible to the gate (it's fun to see the gate closing on the guards' noses).

Aduge's first fully fledged game, A Night In-Between, has been released and needs your vote on Greenlight to get on Steam.
Morroque
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: September 24, 2012, 04:03:23 PM »

the secret easter egg room [that I think no one has reached yet]

If it is something like using the warp pools in a highly specific order, I doubt anyone will get it unless by sheer accident.

My only other idea for finding it would be hunting for it in the palace after the collecting the three weapons, in case anything would change before the final encounter.
beto
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2012, 05:11:22 PM »

If it is something like using the warp pools in a highly specific order, I doubt anyone will get it unless by sheer accident.
It's not like this...

My only other idea for finding it would be hunting for it in the palace after the collecting the three weapons, in case anything would change before the final encounter.
Actually it can be done before reaching the third target.

I can say that gaining access to the easter egg room is an easter egg by itself.

Aduge's first fully fledged game, A Night In-Between, has been released and needs your vote on Greenlight to get on Steam.
hogfather2012
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 25, 2012, 01:09:53 PM »

Quick update: I figured out the way to get into that particular room, as well as realise that I did have all 32 journal items, I just didn't realise that the Solomon Scroll also was an item. silly me.

PS: does the easter egg room have anything to do witht he prisoners in the old palace?
beto
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: September 25, 2012, 02:16:38 PM »

Quick update: I figured out the way to get into that particular room, as well as realise that I did have all 32 journal items, I just didn't realise that the Solomon Scroll also was an item. silly me.
Nice! =]

PS: does the easter egg room have anything to do witht he prisoners in the old palace?
Nope! hahah

Horst_Fuchs
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2012, 06:17:05 AM »

Is blood game room somehow bugged or what? First I killed two guards through the cells, nothing happened, later I found other way in, theres only one last guard and I couldn't go back neither foreward, killing him on the gate is useless so I had to manualy go back into main menu.  Huh?

But I have a serious problem right now. I activated all portals, solved smoke and twins riddle and found 28 notes. I gues I must solve those stars or fire riddles, but I have no clue what to do with them.  Cry
beto
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: November 30, 2012, 05:03:45 AM »

Recently I've found out that room is really bugged.
The marker you have to notify the game that the three guards are already dead somehow only works for an instance of the scene, which is not a problem once you're inside that cell (since you can't go back once you enter it).
But now that I know it is quite non intuitive that the whole are has two distinct challenges that are meant to be entered from different places leading to the commom goal (which is to get to the central corridor leading to the teleporting pool). People tend to kill the guards from outside the cell after they get past the glass door, causing that condition to be a bug.

I'm coming up with the idea to separate the three portions of that area through the same scene (so I wouldn't have to build everything again, which would lead to other complications) and then have you teleport to the main corridor once you cross the blood or the glass door.
By doing this there wouldn't be a chance to kill the guards from outside the cell and even the perspective of the doors wouldn't be misleading (the way they are now tend to indicate a vector going up, if you take the path below).

We plan to have the international version coming soon and want to have it patched by then.

About the riddles and portals...
The stars riddle has already been solved, and the pool's been moved somewhere else (and you can enter it). Have you went to the blue palace and filled every pool on the corridors of the normal palace? After filling them all you're able to collect four remarks. Just be sure that you've collected "the spell" remark, since it's easy to miss and after you enter the northeastern portion of the palace you can't collect it anymore.

adurdin
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 13, 2013, 03:17:34 PM »

I can say that gaining access to the easter egg room is an easter egg by itself.

I think I may have found part of it. At least, I found an easter egg in the blue palace. After going through certain rooms there in a certain order, I came to a place with two floor plates, and stood on them in the right order. Then the character said something about having more life; but as far as I could tell nothing else had changed. Does that relate to this "easter egg room", or is it just an unrelated easter egg?
beto
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: January 13, 2013, 03:22:39 PM »

I think I may have found part of it. At least, I found an easter egg in the blue palace. After going through certain rooms there in a certain order, I came to a place with two floor plates, and stood on them in the right order. Then the character said something about having more life; but as far as I could tell nothing else had changed. Does that relate to this "easter egg room", or is it just an unrelated easter egg?

Congrats! You're on the right track!
=]

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic