Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 02:04:34 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsNobu: Fat Revenge!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Print
Author Topic: Nobu: Fat Revenge!  (Read 39023 times)
Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: February 25, 2014, 11:05:27 PM »

Liking the look of the new mini-boss and great to see how far you've come along from when you first started this Smiley

Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: February 26, 2014, 12:48:54 PM »

Liking the look of the new mini-boss and great to see how far you've come along from when you first started this Smiley

Thank you Smiley
Much appreciated about the boss, it's my second big animation (first being the main character). Hope it's fun to kill when finished  Embarrassed

PS : 100 replies, woot woot Beer!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 12:56:54 PM by Tiago_BinaryPig » Logged

Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: March 11, 2014, 04:40:44 PM »

For the past week or so, i've been working on the boss you see on the previous two posts.
He's almost finished. All the moves are done and tested, the only thing left to do are particles for a couple of situations and two animations.

This is one of the two animations :

The death animation.
I've tried to do what i had thought in my mind. had to cheat some parts to save time and frames (and because i suck at animating stuff, let's be honest ahah) but i'm pretty happy with it.

The other animation should be done tomorrow and finally, the first build is ready to be fully tested with every level connected, cutscenes in between aswell.
(i'm going to need some testers. I'll ask you guys on the next post if you want to play test it before i release on Desura's Alpha Funding)

As always, be free to comment the game (positive, negative, constructive, any type of comments are welcome) Smiley

Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: March 21, 2014, 03:37:40 PM »

This week, when Michael Heald (aka fully illustrated) showed his upcoming game - Wulverblade - i knew i had to also implement Depth of Field. It looked dam impressive on his game and because i can, i wanted to implement right away.

After a night's work, i had the depth of field shader up and running.
I also changed the ground asset to work better with the depth of field layer.

I'm super happy with the result. Had to change some parts of the render system, performance dropped a little but it was worth it.

What do you guys think of it? Did i make the right decision?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 08:14:47 PM by Tiago_BinaryPig » Logged

Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 21, 2014, 04:50:11 PM »

If your DOF is real time and you allow camera zoom, it would be pretty sick. For a programmer, your art is great! Subscribing for updates :D
Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: March 21, 2014, 05:06:00 PM »

If your DOF is real time and you allow camera zoom, it would be pretty sick. For a programmer, your art is great! Subscribing for updates :D

Much appreciated Code Assassin!  Embarrassed

The DOF is pre-calculated unfortunatly. My camera has zoom, rotation, etc that can be changed on the fly but the shader is fixed and it's not linked with the camera.
But yeah, it would be awesome! Maybe in the next project i can work on that to make the camera work like in Rayman Origins/Legends.

You can follow us on Twitter too for daily updates or random stuff - @BinaryPigStudio

Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: March 22, 2014, 06:54:56 PM »

Code Assassin, your wish was granted.
Changed the shader so the "bluriness" is pre-calculated but what is blurred can be changed on the fly.

So, right now, the bluriness is directly connected to the camera so when it zooms out, everything is cristal clear, when it zooms in, each layer gets blurred one at the time (every layer above the layer where the player is).

I wouldn't thought of this feature by myself so thank you very much  Gentleman
Keep the suggestions coming eheh

edit: Is over 9000 thousand views! Oh, 10.000 thousand! Thanks everyone.

Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: March 24, 2014, 08:12:34 PM »

Another screenshot showing the depth of field in action. I'm loving playing around with it :D

It's missing the rain and dust particles for both front and depth layer btw. Totally forgot to add them.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 08:20:37 PM by Tiago_BinaryPig » Logged

Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: April 04, 2014, 02:58:49 PM »

Hey guys,

I've been saying this for a long time but i guess it's time.
I'm now looking for some testers to test the current build before i launch it on "Desura's Alpha Funding" thingy.

This first build consists of a single stage with a boss at the end of it.
Coop is available (not fully tested so it may have tons of bugs) aswell as prop selection (it doesn't affect the stats for now, it's just an aesthetic thing).

For a regular gamer, it's a super easy game but still i want to know if it could be harder or easier.

This build will serve as a bug hunting job, improving the difficulty balance and overall fun.
Any suggestion is more than welcome! :D

If you're interested just send an email to contact @ binarypigstudio . com (no spaces), tweet me @BinaryPigStudio or just post directly here.

Thanks everyone in advance for your interest  Gentleman

Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: April 05, 2014, 04:03:36 AM »

Quick reminder for everyone. I'm looking for anyone who wants to playtest this first build of "Nobu: Fat Revenge".

You just need to send me an email, tweet or post directly here and tomorrow i'll send you the build to play and test Smiley

Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: April 05, 2014, 11:28:31 AM »

Final reminder of the day  Embarrassed

Want to test the first "Nobu: Fat Revenge!" build?
Pm, tweet, email, post, anything goes. The more, the better  Beer!

Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: April 07, 2014, 06:34:28 AM »

Didn't have any interest from this forum but still, i want to give everyone a chance to play this game. It's the most important part of making games, anyone can play them.

I'm sending the build right now to anyone who wants to play it. You just need to send me an email, tweet or PM so i can keep track of everyone Smiley

Cheer everyone  Coffee

eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 13, 2014, 06:32:40 AM »

I can't for the life of me understand why no one shows any interest in this game. Looks amazing.

Would my T5500 @ 1.66GHz with 3 GB of RAM and my ridiculous GeForce Go 7300 run this? I think not. But I'm willing to take the chance.

Yeah.
Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: May 20, 2014, 07:14:54 PM »

I can't for the life of me understand why no one shows any interest in this game. Looks amazing.

Would my T5500 @ 1.66GHz with 3 GB of RAM and my ridiculous GeForce Go 7300 run this? I think not. But I'm willing to take the chance.

Thank you so much eyeliner. Means alot to have people like you giving a boost of confidence every now and then :D

You can try, send me an email so i can send you a build.

contact @ binarypigstudio dot com

I'm working on some options to disable the shaders and make the game run silky smooth even on super poor setups.

Again, thank you for the kind words!

eyeliner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 27, 2014, 07:56:13 AM »

Io, can you send me a link via PM, please? I hope to get home and have a link there, because I can't use personal email on the job. :p

Yeah.
Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: May 27, 2014, 08:37:48 AM »

Io, can you send me a link via PM, please? I hope to get home and have a link there, because I can't use personal email on the job. :p

Sure.

eyeliner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 28, 2014, 06:49:11 AM »

Make the front blurred objects become transparent when Nobu is in front of them. There are times when he goes there and we can't see that fat tub of lard and he gets hit like the fat slob he is.

Yeah.
Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: May 28, 2014, 07:54:17 AM »

Make the front blurred objects become transparent when Nobu is in front of them. There are times when he goes there and we can't see that fat tub of lard and he gets hit like the fat slob he is.

That's a great idea. I was thinking the same but i wanted to know if anyone was having a problem with the DoF.
Did the game run ok on your setup? Any feedback you want to give apart from that?

Thanks for testing Smiley

eyeliner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 30, 2014, 07:48:54 AM »

I *think* the game ran great, because I didn't see it running anywhere. But I think the speed was OK. This weekend I shall try it more.

Yeah.
Nilanjan
« Reply #119 on: May 30, 2014, 08:37:15 AM »

Wow the game looks great!!! If you want you can PM me the link and i would love to get my hands on your game Grin Great work Beer!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic