Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411415 Posts in 69361 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 03:36:33 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsNobu: Fat Revenge!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
Print
Author Topic: Nobu: Fat Revenge!  (Read 38985 times)
Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: May 28, 2015, 05:29:57 PM »

Congrats, yo. It was my vote that made you Greenlit. :D

Thank you eyeliner! I can't be sure who voted last, but i can pretend it was you to make everything even more amazing since you were the first one to support the game and now your vote made it Greenlit :D

Tomorrow i'll make a post to update you all on the last events and such.  My Word!

eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 29, 2015, 03:25:31 AM »

Was my previous purchase eligible for a future Steam key? Not that I really mind, though...

Yeah.
Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: May 29, 2015, 12:07:16 PM »

Was my previous purchase eligible for a future Steam key? Not that I really mind, though...

Yes sir!

Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: May 29, 2015, 01:51:27 PM »

As promised, here i am, writing a brief post about what has been happening in the past months.

First and most important - “Nobu: Fat Revenge!” was Greenlit!

45days later, out of nowhere, i got the email and after checking the campaign’s page, i could safely say that it was, in fact, Greenlit and that it’s going to be released on Steam along with the other digital platforms. Yeahya!

Taking advantage of "eyeliner's" question, now that the game will get a Steam release, like i did with all the other platforms, you'll get a Steam key as soon as the get is released there.
So, if you buy on Itch.io, you'll get the .exe, a Desura key right away and soon a Steam key.
If you do the same on Desura, you'll still get a Steam key.
Regardless of the platform, you'll have access to the game on the other ones (Desura and Steam).

If you want to play the game now and support the development, you can rest assure that, when the game releases on Steam, you'll get a key to continue you progress there and get every goody you normally get there Smiley

Second and still relevant ahah, after working for 2 months on a part-time job, i started working again on the game, more motivated and inspired (even more now knowing that i am on Steam now) and everything is running well and at a great speed.

First thing i did was a rework on some of the assets for the first stage

As you can see, this new version works more in favor of the current artstyle, which i lost the hability to recreate after being idle for so long.

Not only did i do this changes but made more assets and changed the editor to have more shader options (like distance, intensity, etc on which the shader acts upon)

This being said, i’m going back to work and hopefully, with more updates in the next few months.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 01:57:14 PM by Tiago_BinaryPig » Logged

Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: June 03, 2015, 08:43:17 PM »

Quick post,

Started putting together the first level of the first stage, here's a quick peek

Only effect being used so far is the depth of field effect, in-game i'll try to add an heat wave effect and tons of particles, as usual Smiley

Cheers  Coffee

Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 03, 2015, 10:17:47 PM »

School + personal life took me away from tigs, but I am really really happy to see this game get on greenlight. You deserve, and the game deserves it.   Hand Shake LeftTears of Joy Hand Thumbs Up Right
Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: June 04, 2015, 06:26:49 AM »

School + personal life took me away from tigs, but I am really really happy to see this game get on greenlight. You deserve, and the game deserves it.   Hand Shake LeftTears of Joy Hand Thumbs Up Right

Thanks Code Assassin, much appreciated!!  Grin  Gentleman

Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: June 02, 2016, 01:56:03 PM »

Hey everyone  Embarrassed

Almost 1 year since i last posted here. I had to take a break from several places and focus only on some (mainly twitter) but i'm ready to get back to posting here Smiley

This project is far from being dead, i just updated it on Twitter only.
I've been working hard, in fact, and here are some of the stuff that will be on the game in the upcoming update.

weapons using bezier paths, such as lasers and boomerangs

several new post processing effect such as bloom and god rays

I have several more gifs and images to share but to not spam this post, i'll post some every off day.

Cheers,
 Coffee

eyeliner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 06, 2016, 01:41:14 AM »

I am interested in that bézier path implementation.
Care to share?

Yeah.
Shirsh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 06, 2016, 02:26:36 AM »

I like how main character's animation style works with enemies animations, makes him stand out in a good way Hand Thumbs Up Right

Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: June 06, 2016, 03:33:23 PM »

I like how main character's animation style works with enemies animations, makes him stand out in a good way Hand Thumbs Up Right

Much appreciated Shirsh, glad you like it! Durr...?

I am interested in that bézier path implementation.
Care to share?

Of course.
Many games uses this method to draw lasers and other things that require smooth curves, transitions,etc.
A bezier path is a combination of several bezier curves put together, simply put.
Being easy to compute and having several implementation uses, it's a good addition to have in any game and/or software (photoshop, illustrator and other vector drawing programs use this method).

For this game, i use bezier paths for 2 things, for now - lasers and boomerangs.
Lasers are the easiest to implement since i only need to replace the line drawing method (in my case i had to make one but engines like Unity have their own method of drawing smooth lines), for a texture that can be looped (and animated if i want).

A boomerang doesn't use the visual part of a bezier path, but rather the curves are used as a travel path.

I've taken ideas from several places such as :

http://devmag.org.za/2011/04/05/bzier-curves-a-tutorial/
http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/25237/Bezier-Curves-Made-Simple

Then, i made my custom class and methods and implemented it with my weapon system.
I'm also trying to use bezier paths for my camera system. Most games use it in conjunction with a rail system for smooth movement and transitions.

I'm not sure if this helped, but let me know if you want to know anything in particular Smiley

eyeliner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 07, 2016, 03:35:11 AM »

Thanks for the links!

Yeah.
Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: June 15, 2016, 01:47:55 PM »

Thanks for the links!
No problem.

Time for another gif  Well, hello there!
This one will be the last gif/screenshot of this stage i'm working on, right now, the desert stage which is the 1st one you will play on "Nobu: Fat Revenge!".
It shows one of the levels, in-editor with exaggerated bloom (default in the editor ahah) and a subtle horizontal scroll.
Other post processing effects are missing aswell as particles, lighting and other little details but i wanted to show it at this stage to not spoil it so much.

Till next time and have a great E3 week  Coffee

Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: August 02, 2016, 07:55:33 AM »

Update 2.0 preview, coming this summer Smiley

GroundControl
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 02, 2016, 02:54:02 PM »

Love the artwork and all the detail you placed into the game!

Gameplay is also evolving nicely, all and all it's quite the game my friend Wink

Twitter ftw! @GControlGames

Facebook because...reasons! https://www.facebook.com/GroundControlGames
Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: August 03, 2016, 07:06:05 PM »

Love the artwork and all the detail you placed into the game!

Gameplay is also evolving nicely, all and all it's quite the game my friend Wink

Thank you, thank you! Much appreciated, all the lovely comments  Gentleman
Trying to make it better with every iteration.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic