Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 06:32:09 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsBootleg Demakes[FINISHED] Bootleg Bash
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: [FINISHED] Bootleg Bash  (Read 38767 times)
Business Bear
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2008, 05:50:56 AM »

I could try to do a Mac port.  I've never done anything like that before, so no guarantees, but I'd like to give it a shot. Grin
Moosader
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2008, 10:14:45 AM »

I could try to do a Mac port.  I've never done anything like that before, so no guarantees, but I'd like to give it a shot. Grin

Afaik, it just needs to be compiled for other OS to work, with no real porting required.  I have someone to compile my stuff for Linux, but I need to find a Mac C++/Allegro coder.  I think I shalt put an advert on my YouTube. @_@

Business Bear
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2008, 05:38:10 PM »

Afaik, it just needs to be compiled for other OS to work, with no real porting required.  I have someone to compile my stuff for Linux, but I need to find a Mac C++/Allegro coder.  I think I shalt put an advert on my YouTube. @_@

OK.  I'm a Mac C++ programmer, though I've never used Allegro.  Would be happy to grab the libraries and compile it for you if you want.
Moosader
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2008, 08:33:59 PM »

Sounds good, thanks!  I'm going to release the messy-ass sources whenever I get done.
(I was making really good time, but somehow I botched the collision detection so it doesn't work anymore o_O)

Moosader
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2008, 09:54:06 AM »

So here are the final maps, though I'll adjust a few so the player's HP thing on the bottom doesn't cover it.

However, somewhere along the line of modifying the way the tileset is loaded, I messed up the collision detection >_>

Been working on it for hours but can't figure it out.  It looks like instead of staying on top of the tile when colliding, it'll stand on the bottom parameter of it, but nothing in the code seems to do this. x.x

*EDIT*
Fook yes, I fixed it finally. -_-  That was a massive waste of about four hours.................
okay, back on track now!  I hope.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 12:33:05 PM by Moosader » Logged

Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2008, 10:01:58 AM »

Shocked
awesome maps! i love the underwater one...

weird bug too  Huh?

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Pacian
Text Heavy
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2008, 01:16:11 PM »

awesome maps! i love the underwater one...

Ditto.  That's some proper maritime ambience.

(\ /)
(O.o) - Achtung, baby!
(> <)
Moosader
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2008, 01:39:03 PM »

Finished, download link and screenies and stuff on first page/post.

Let me know what you think of the game (and manual)!

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2008, 03:22:20 PM »

Awesome, can we turn these characters into smileys? :D

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Moosader
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2008, 03:33:39 PM »

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2008, 03:58:29 PM »

AHa
No,it's the other way around, I meant that your characters would make funny smileys, especially in the third screenshot.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Moosader
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2008, 04:47:57 PM »

ohhh, lol

No idea. Tongue

Moosader
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2008, 06:54:49 PM »

Ah, and since my printer is so conveniently OUT OF ORDER, my first batch -o- disks I will hang out to friends look like this:

Somehow, it seems appropriate...

Synnah
Level 7

La la la la - oh, what fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2008, 05:16:04 AM »

Is the penis an unlockable character?

"What's that thing at the end of the large intestine? Because that's exactly what you've done here." - Ray Smuckles, Achewood.

My music. Will compose for free!
Moosader
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2008, 06:08:06 PM »

Is the penis an unlockable character?

No, lol, I just modded the sprites as an example of how to mod the game. XD

increpare
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2008, 06:18:14 PM »

Had a couple of bouts there with Terry.  It was about as fun as I usually find these sorts of games...maybe a little more because I didn't have to squint as much because it was on a computer screen instead of a tv screen* Smiley  A happy effort Smiley

(*also terry kept on kicking my ass Sad  )
Slash - Santiago Zapata
The White Knight
Level 4

Java/Javascript Game Dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2008, 06:26:26 PM »

Music is cool, sounds like a pirate NES game, which is cool of course. The only downfall I see is having only two note pages in the manual, which is kind of short.

Also, I will sue you for usage of the Princess Peach trademarked trademark. Run for your life.

I like the graphics too Smiley

Great job!

qubodup
Level 1

icons?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2008, 06:33:13 AM »

Helloes Mrs. Morris,

I tried to compile Bootleg Bash for GNU/Linux using 'g++ main.cpp' and failed. I'll just dump the output here real quicka-like:
Code:
$ g++ main.cpp
main.cpp:31: error: multiple parameters named ‘image’
main.cpp: In function ‘int main(int, char**)’:
main.cpp:809: warning: ‘int text_mode(int)’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/allegro/alcompat.h:155)
main.cpp:809: warning: ‘int text_mode(int)’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/allegro/alcompat.h:155)

I wasn't able to test the game so far, because Wine seemed not to care to play nice. :|

I'm the guy who asked about whether you're going to release BB under a free license - what's your current plan for that? Public domain is fine, zlib license is kinda cool but there are lots of possibilities.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 06:38:34 AM by qubodup » Logged
Moosader
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2008, 01:22:07 PM »

Helloes Mrs. Morris,

I tried to compile Bootleg Bash for GNU/Linux using 'g++ main.cpp' and failed. I'll just dump the output here real quicka-like:
Code:
$ g++ main.cpp
main.cpp:31: error: multiple parameters named ‘image’
main.cpp: In function ‘int main(int, char**)’:

I wasn't able to test the game so far, because Wine seemed not to care to play nice. :|

I'm the guy who asked about whether you're going to release BB under a free license - what's your current plan for that? Public domain is fine, zlib license is kinda cool but there are lots of possibilities.

I've found that, whenever compilers complain about that little text_mode function, it's really something else that's wrong. >_>;

As for the license, I really don't care what people do with the code.  The graphics and music I've already specified as public domain, though I would like the base program itself credited to me.  I don't know what that would be classified as.

I still haven't gotten around to getting official builds of the code on different platforms, except for mac (which I still haven't included in the zip).  From what my friends told me, there was a problem with some things not being initialized in some of the classes.

Also- not Mrs. Sad

qubodup
Level 1

icons?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2008, 05:01:15 PM »

As for the license, I really don't care what people do with the code.  The graphics and music I've already specified as public domain, though I would like the base program itself credited to me.  I don't know what that would be classified as.

Also- not Mrs. Sad
I'm sorry - Miss Morris.

If you simply want to be acknowledged as the original author of the source code, I recommend the ISC license, which would look like this:

Code:
Copyright (c) 2008 Miss Morris <[email protected]>

Permission to use, copy, modify, and/or distribute this software for any
purpose with or without fee is hereby granted, provided that the above
copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all copies.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND THE AUTHOR DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES
WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR
ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES
WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN
ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF
OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.

Alternatives include: the zlib license (which contains a fancy "don't lie that you made this" clause) and the MIT and 3-clause BSD license (both are like the ISC license, but have more words)

There's also the good 'ol more restrictive GPL, which would require every released derivate to become free software too.

If you decide for a license, I recommend you to insert a comment header in each source code file, pointing to the license file (which you would have to include too).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic