Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 05:38:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsBootleg DemakesVipeÜt Vectrex [Finished / Video and Src avail.]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: VipeÜt Vectrex [Finished / Video and Src avail.]  (Read 59064 times)
MekanikDestructiwKommando
Level 3

Let's ROCK!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2008, 01:39:56 AM »

Where's the download link.. ?

There have always been interactive experiences that go beyond entertainment.  For example, if mafia games are too fun for you, then you can always join the mafia.
Ciardhubh
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2008, 02:58:55 AM »

Runs on my PC (Win XP). You may have to change a few log output file locations, as it does not run as a non-admin user out of the box. I had to change the last line in start.bat (no rights to access root) to:
Code:
nengine.exe scene.nms -A ./core.nac > ./vipeut_log.txt
I also got a few "Failed to create temporary file" error messages in the console.

What is the current version supposed to look like? Because it doesn't look like the screenshots for me Wink

Normal:

Safe mode:

« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 03:02:58 AM by Ciardhubh » Logged
TheMeatyBall
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2008, 03:46:08 AM »

It crashes on start up. No log file.
I've Geforce 8800 GTX, Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 and Vista Home Premium.
michael
Pixelhead
Level 10

yo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2008, 07:34:26 AM »

.... Undecided works fine on my mac running parallels Tongue

you rob the bank, i'll rob stewart
astrofra
Level 3

CG Hoister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2008, 08:34:19 AM »

Thanks guys ! All your feeback allowed us to track a nasty bug. I will post some details tonight, and possibly a version with the updated engine.  Tongue

astrofra
Level 3

CG Hoister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2008, 05:04:58 PM »

Alpha version online

Here's the alpha version of this VipeUt demake.
The deadline is finally there so this is pretty much the latest version of this project. I might refine things here & there, or I might not.

It should run on a PC, WinXP or Vista, with a rather recent 3D card.
Vista users : make sure the UAC is disabled, the engine won't like it Sad

During the install, u'll be prompted to deploy OpenAL. Please install it, unless you already have it, otherwise, the demo won't probably start.

The installer creates two shortcuts on the desktop, one using the full featured renderer (OpenGL 2.0), the other one using a more consusual rendering method, not as pretty but fairly ok.

To download the demo, click on the link below :
http://astrofra.com/niji/VipeUt-install.zip

Please unzip this file in a directory, paying attention that this structure of the archive is properly extracted. It contains both the installer and the OpenAL runtime needed.

Controls : use the arrow keys. Up = accelerate, Left & Right to strafe, Down = brake. The paddle was temporarilly disabled.

The ship have a certain amount of energy, that decreases when colliding against enemies. Then it blows up Smiley
Catch some bonus, that will drive the ship for you (autopilot), or increase your energy (power up). Just drive till the end, for 6 laps, and you're done Smiley

Press ESC to quit the game.

This game is really a rough alpha version, Enjoy !!!
Thanks to all the people here @ TIG Forum, that provided support & feedback.

Here is a MPEG file of the game, captured with Fraps, for those who can't launch the exe.

Art box.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 03:52:46 AM by astrofra » Logged

Stargoat
Level 2

Goat of the Stars

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2008, 06:50:43 PM »

Game still won't run... I was really looking forward to this, too. Could you post a youtube video of the latest build?
astrofra
Level 3

CG Hoister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2008, 06:04:44 AM »

Dam'it, Slayer, I'm really sorry about this Sad

Here is a MPEG file of the game, captured with Fraps. Sorry again  Embarrassed

Stargoat
Level 2

Goat of the Stars

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2008, 06:37:48 AM »

Haha, thanks. I'm not sure what the problem is... I guess I could try it on my desktop, but the specs on that are lower.
astrofra
Level 3

CG Hoister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2008, 01:31:13 PM »

Added art box  Beer!

increpare
« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2008, 01:39:24 PM »

just watched the first part of the video (slow connection here).  It looks really nice dude.  Kudos to you  Beer!
undertech
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2008, 11:40:59 PM »

Awesome job on the box!  Beer!
astrofra
Level 3

CG Hoister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2008, 12:41:44 AM »

'Took a few minutes to upload the sources, in case it might interest someone.

*** CAUTION ***
** UGLY CODE **

VipeUt sources here  Beer!

wintermute
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2008, 04:44:27 AM »

Hi!
Seems you did a great job, but unfortunately I can't look myself.
If I start the game, windows tells my that
"The application has failed to start because its side-by-side information is incorrect. Please see the applications event log for more detail"
Well, the logfile is empty... Apart from openAL, are there any prerequisites I need to install? Maybe I just overlooked some info about this, but it didn't seem like I need something special. Or I am simply too stupid  Roll Eyes

So, thanks in advance for any help to get this game running!

Sorry, forgot to mention that I'm running Windows Vista x64, with a Geforce 8800GTS, driver version 177.92, and a Creative Soundcard with new drivers.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 04:47:57 AM by wintermute » Logged
astrofra
Level 3

CG Hoister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2008, 11:20:19 AM »

@wintermute :

Well, I developped it on Vista 64, so I don't see a reason why it should not work.
However, by reading your description, it seems that something went wrong during the installation :

"The application has failed to start because its side-by-side information is incorrect."
This means you have to install the Visual Studio 2008 Redistributable. Supposedly I included them in the game, but who knows ?
You will find the redist there :

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9B2DA534-3E03-4391-8A4D-074B9F2BC1BF&displaylang=en

You need to install the x86 ones, for the game was compiled in x86 and not in 64bits.

openAL is sometimes a pain in the ass to install on Vista64. You may have to look for your program files, and check in the OpenAL directory is there isn't a copy of the installer there. Sometimes you have to relaunch it from there. That's odd, but it seems to solve the issue.

UAC, pay attention to disable the UAC, for there are some incompatibilities with the engine.

Well, I sincerely hope this will help you to start that miserable game of mine.
Thanks for the feedback, and let me know how it turns out Smiley

wintermute
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2008, 07:33:59 AM »

Ahhh! Now it works, I guess it was the missing Visual Studio 2008 Redistributable, after I installed it there were no more problems.  Smiley

So thanks for the help and the great game!  Beer!
astrofra
Level 3

CG Hoister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2008, 02:59:36 PM »

That's good to hear ! Thx for the feedback.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic