Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 08:23:27 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsBootleg DemakesMacarena of the Missing [FINISHED]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Macarena of the Missing [FINISHED]  (Read 86995 times)
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2008, 10:58:33 AM »

I just spotted Guybrush in there... I love it.  Gameplay looks really interesting too.  I'm looking forward to it Noyb!

Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2008, 04:53:29 PM »

Finished recording the hidden ending today. I also tried making procedural music by mixing up various samples of me attempting a few bars of different classic videogame music soundtracks in a Gregorian chant, but my voice was neither good enough nor hilariously bad enough for that to work out well... so I guess I'm out of music ideas for the moment. Going back to uni on Saturday, so I'm not sure if the extension will actually help. Tired

Are you saying you recorded voice acting for 650 lines of dialogue? By yourself? That is chest-hurtingly awesome.
Thanks. Yep, recorded it myself. It's on a crappy Dell webcam mic, with a few pops and hisses left in for bootleg authenticity. At least that's my excuse. The dialogue count is up to 886 lines now, including the intro and ending. Still haven't gone back and filled in all the look/use lines yet, though.

I just spotted Guybrush in there... I love it.  Gameplay looks really interesting too.  I'm looking forward to it Noyb!
Nice eye! I'm looking forward to your Silent Hill demake very much.

Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2008, 06:03:22 PM »

Not sure how much time I'll have this week to polish it, but it's quasi-done if not quite releasable. It's playable from beginning to end with full one-man voice "acting", and a working save/load. Still missing about 4 backgrounds, and I don't have any music, though. Might need to play with the volume levels a bit, since some of the earlier dialogues are significantly softer, but I am in no way re-recording them. (Up to 1050 lines now. Cool)

Anyone up for beta testing?

reetva
Level 5

Bee dee bai do beeeee

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2008, 06:27:53 PM »

Not sure how much time I'll have this week to polish it, but it's quasi-done if not quite releasable. It's playable from beginning to end with full one-man voice "acting", and a working save/load. Still missing about 4 backgrounds, and I don't have any music, though. Might need to play with the volume levels a bit, since some of the earlier dialogues are significantly softer, but I am in no way re-recording them. (Up to 1050 lines now. Cool)

Anyone up for beta testing?
Yes, very much so. Grin 1050 lines is badass.

Hello!  I am here to boogie.  Shall we?
sergiocornaga
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2008, 12:58:41 AM »

I might be able to help you out with one background or even more. What are the requirements?
Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2008, 01:08:21 PM »

Yes, very much so. Grin 1050 lines is badass.
Check your PM.

I might be able to help you out with one background or even more. What are the requirements?
It's the same dimensions as the screenshots (320x175 once the HUD is overlaid, nonscrolling). The background can be pretty much anything, although NES/Atari-era ripoffs would be great. No palette/color restrictions. I'm specifically missing a side-view boat, a side-view of a Hellish landscape, and two top-views. Then again, the beauty of working on a Limbo of the Lost demake is that hilariously inappropriate backgrounds make it better. Thanks! Gentleman

Stargoat
Level 2

Goat of the Stars

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2008, 07:10:11 PM »

Game looks awesome.

As does your avatar. Killer 7 is a great game.
sergiocornaga
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2008, 01:07:26 AM »

Will this do for a Hellish landscape?
Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2008, 08:08:31 AM »

Will this do for a Hellish landscape?
Awesome. Thank you! Grin

Gnarf
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2008, 08:13:35 AM »

I think "quasi-done if not quite releasable" is exactly what you should be aiming for with this kind of game. So like well done.
Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2008, 06:42:48 PM »

Rainy day today, so I neglected my other responsibilities, picked up my crappy 3 octave non-midi Yamaha, and hacked together some quick music for the game, which, like every other conceivable asset, should be eerily familiar. I also just recorded this game's equivalent of

which has the odd side effect of making the "bad" ending so much more enjoyable.

Right now, it's *almost* ready. Just waiting for one last background from the talented sergiocornaga. Wink

I think "quasi-done if not quite releasable" is exactly what you should be aiming for with this kind of game. So like well done.
Here's hoping. :D

muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2008, 02:32:37 AM »

I also just recorded this game's equivalent of

which has the odd side effect of making the "bad" ending so much more enjoyable.

OMG this alone should make the game worth playing. :D :D
Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2008, 12:19:11 PM »

It's done! Grin
Download link in first post.

battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2008, 03:07:43 PM »

I've only talked to 3 characters so far, but this game already has some of my favourite dialogues ever.  Kiss

"No, you heard me right the first time."
*eyebrows*
"Oh dear."

EDIT:

"Oh crap, I forgot!"

I'm lol'ing so hard.
Nonstop.

I applaud thee.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 03:12:02 PM by battlerager » Logged
Pishtaco
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2008, 03:17:10 PM »

It won't let me download.

Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2008, 03:33:41 PM »

I've only talked to 3 characters so far, but this game already has some of my favourite dialogues ever.  Kiss
Grin

It won't let me download.
Hmm... a quick Google search shows Filefront as being arbitrarily unkind to some countries in regards to download slots. I uploaded a mirror to willhostforfood, since it seems to be used a lot here (replaced the main download link with it in the first page, relegated Filefront to "Mirror 1"): http://willhostforfood.com/?Action=download&fileid=33174

Let me know if it works.

battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2008, 03:45:04 PM »

Ah, seems like I'm stuck for now.

Sad

Oh well, will try more tomorrow! Great game, Sir!  Beer!
Oddbob
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2008, 03:57:38 PM »

Absolutely wakka wakka awesome! :D

Pishtaco
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2008, 04:00:55 PM »

Hmm... a quick Google search shows Filefront as being arbitrarily unkind to some countries in regards to download slots. I uploaded a mirror to willhostforfood, since it seems to be used a lot here (replaced the main download link with it in the first page, relegated Filefront to "Mirror 1"): http://willhostforfood.com/?Action=download&fileid=33174

Let me know if it works.

That one works. (Filefront was saying something about no servers being available). Great game so far.

FoxBlitzz
Level 0

Watch out! Bad Klik & Play graphics!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2008, 05:27:44 PM »

Holy cow! How on earth did you manage 1096 voiceovers?! :D

I played some of this and couldn't stop laughing! You're totally getting my vote.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic