Sheep baaaaa baaaa...okay seriously I had so much fun with this, I could really seeing this style of game being thrown up on facebook or mobile devices (like you are already doing! Awesome) and I'm SUCH a sucker for cute things, regardless of how brave and strong I can sound and act this game got me with it's little A cappella "doop doops" in the music and pictures of sheep.
Anyways on feedback to start I had trouble running the offline version so I played in my browser, my java version is current and I'm running on Windows 7 64bit
1. the baaaaa sound is a bit too loud juxtaposed to the music in the menu, made me disable sound effects and I actually liked them too, just too loud with the cute music (that I wanted LOUD so I can go doop doop with it in real life too)
2. Targeting this feedback to my parents a pop up in the game telling how exactly each thing works rather than having all that info in a tutorial, they don't understand these tutorial things, and if it just had a quick popup saying black sheep do this! and dogs do that! with a quick picture and some text, they'd instantly understand =]
3. I like the whole get extra tries if you get 10 sheep...but then after that it's far harder to get say 10 more...and I don't really feel satisfied if I land a huge 18 combo (which is a TON of sheep haha, you try getting that combo often. =P)
so if I ruled the world I'd have say an extra bonus of something at 15 (points/or something) and see if that insights the same feelings.
4. I felt like without the tutorial I wouldn't have known what my goals in each round were in endless mode. Before the stage advances a quick concise mini tutorial like stated in (2.) would address this. ex. Get all the flowers beds to adavance! lvl 2: Black Sheep do this thing! lvl 3: dogs will scare your sheep away without a herd of at least 7!
5. I love the drawing on the board feature...anyway I can just hold down say a button like ctrl and then just draw on map I play on? I felt like I really wanted to use it, but it was difficult to use effectively without it being on the fly.
hold X = red marker
hold Y = green mark
hold Z = eraser
I guess what I'm saying is some hotkeys would make this feature even better =]
5. How far you get sometimes is decided by the game and random chance rather than the player when the game gives you too many "dead" sheep (sheep along the edge of the square facing towards the fence, making your options extremely limited for hitting the 10 sheep minimum) one possible solution for this might be to make it so no sheep along the edge will be facing the wall at the very start. This is totally a design choice on you, as it will lead to a higher average score etc.
6. When I count and look at the sheep I was naturally counting from one through ten sheep and getting confused why I was hitting ten sheep but not getting a life...then I figured out the first sheep isn't counted in the math up to 10, so I actually need to get 11 sheep out of the fence, 10 addition sheep to the starting one, I'm curious if anyone else was confused by it? Maybe I'm just seeing things differently then the rest of the world =P.
Honestly, I'm trying really hard to come up with things I have even minor issues with, all I really could want is well more.
1. More Story: Maybe some cute dialog explaining a little quick minor story if it was witty, clever, and small enough it could add some nice polish.
2. More Music: For sure more cute music with additional "doop doops"
3. More Devices: Being able to post my high score on FB
4. More Local
multiplayer connections: "a taking turns" style local multiplayer, where you both take turns on the same sheep map making moves, each with 2/3/4 lives competing for a high score!
5. More Online Multiplayer connections: Able to challenge a friend to a game and both start with the same sheep map to compete for score. (separate game though this time) (then post about it on social media sites)
That's just some neat little things I could see this project going, it's simple, catchy, and overall a little bit different then what I'm used to.
I'll post more as I play more, I need to hunt down something to dislike