Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1067441 Posts in 43592 Topics- by 35627 Members - Latest Member: quadridamage

November 28, 2014, 08:57:10 PM
TIGSource ForumsFeedbackPlaytestingNew super exciting, hype, gonna make you cry Sumerian Blood trailer(hur hur hur)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: New super exciting, hype, gonna make you cry Sumerian Blood trailer(hur hur hur)  (Read 773 times)
PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: July 17, 2012, 06:12:49 AM »

Jokes aside, please give feedback for this trailer of the Android game Sumerian Blood.
I am also planning on doing a sale, but I havn't decided I will set the price for $0.99 or $1.99 for this sale.

http://youtu.be/AjIyFgHElEw

Master of all trades.
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 07:07:43 AM »

I don't know what's up with the action scenarios, but they look pretty barren and not very interesting.  If I were you, I'd focus on the turn based tactics part of the game, which I thought was the game's main focus.

PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 07:12:12 AM »

Oh, it could be because I was playing against the AI and the AI is kind of a cold hearted bastard :/

Master of all trades.
jkd
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 12:42:01 PM »

Looks like Archon. Smiley
Any plans for multiplayer? A two-player version for PC where you can battle using one keyboard could be fun!
PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 01:05:38 PM »

Actually it exist.
There is a PC version, you can play on the same computer with two on a keyboard or keyboard + gamepad. There is also online muliplyar on both the PC and Android version.
To be honest I should update the PC version which is available on Indievania, because there is a bug that will cause it to crash if you use Gilgamesh. I fixed it for the Android already but didn't update the PC version.

I will tell you when I fix it!

Master of all trades.
DrDerekDoctors
THE ARSEHAMMER
Level 8

70463070 graham@duketastrophy.demon.co.uk drderekdoctors
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 01:23:44 PM »

I really like the idea of the strategy level sitting on top of an action game (kinda' reminds me of the ol' Special FX game "Firefly" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M5K1f8A4VM&noredirect=1), but the action component of it looks really weak at the moment, I'm afraid.

Me, David Williamson and Mark Foster do an Indie Games podcast. Give it a listen. And then I'll send you an apology.
http://pigignorant.com/
PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 01:30:45 PM »

The trailer isn't very... representing... because the AI is a lot less interesting than a human opponent.
I have playtested this game with Pandara_RA and the matchs of Gilgamesh vs Gilgames are balanced and fun. The second army isn't as balanced though.
Maybe I should arrange a small TIGForums tournament sometime soon.

Master of all trades.
DrDerekDoctors
THE ARSEHAMMER
Level 8

70463070 graham@duketastrophy.demon.co.uk drderekdoctors
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 02:20:03 PM »

Oh yeah, anything where there's multiple players is always gonna' be more engaging, I'd definitely sit on the trailer until you can show something more representative of the fun the game is capable of delivering.

Me, David Williamson and Mark Foster do an Indie Games podcast. Give it a listen. And then I'll send you an apology.
http://pigignorant.com/
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 02:26:54 PM »

The trailer isn't very... representing... because the AI is a lot less interesting than a human opponent.

You really should put more effort into the AI, then.  Also, I think the issues with the action scenes go beyond just "The AI sucks".  It just looks uninteresting in general.  It doesn't help that it looks like you're barely able to defeat the enemy despite it's simple pattern and your shots seeking towards the enemy.

unsilentwill
Level 9

O, the things left unsaid!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 03:23:27 PM »

Barren is a good word. I don't mean to be harsh, but this looks like a prototype. I know you mentioned looking for a new artist in another thread, which is a very good idea. Things like animations, projectiles, environments, even the title screen are all half finished.

The game itself looks fun in theory, but in the battle screen the characters just sort of float around and shoot tiny guns. I can't tell from the trailer what makes the match-ups between characters different. Like people say, it's not the AI, it's the flat square area with one mechanic. Again, I like the game, but there's a lot more you could do especially with Sumerian myth worked into the actual gameplay.
PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2012, 04:17:19 AM »

Time 15:17

(UTC+02:00) Jerusalem

Ok, do you want to try and organize a few matches? I am posting my local time, you should post your time too and on which day and time you can play. You can compare it to the post's time.
I would like to have several people playing at the same time instead of everyone playing against me.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 04:24:08 AM by PompiPompi » Logged

Master of all trades.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic