Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 09:41:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSTASIS -An Isometric SciFi Adventure Game
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Print
Author Topic: STASIS -An Isometric SciFi Adventure Game  (Read 54773 times)
08--n7.r6-79.84
Level 8

You can call me 08.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: October 05, 2013, 11:46:51 AM »

Awesome, just awesome! Reminds me Planescape: Torment arhitecture and Wasted Dreams from amiga. Keep up the good work!

Chris Bischoff
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: October 06, 2013, 03:19:54 AM »

Thanks guys!

I wish I could show even more-but suffice it to say there are some very cool environments later on in the game, with a completely different tileset to what I've mainly been showing...Im loving the extreme contrast, I hope that its rather jarring for the player!

Chris Bischoff
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: November 03, 2013, 12:36:11 PM »

Hey guys!

With my Kickstarter (finally!) launching tomorrow, I'm releasing an early alpha demo for you to check out!

www.stasisgame.com/getstasis

Please let me know what you think!
Satori4
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: November 03, 2013, 01:10:40 PM »

Chris, you rock! You already can count my pledge in  Wink

@satori4
Chris Bischoff
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: November 03, 2013, 10:08:26 PM »

Thanks man!
Chris Bischoff
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: November 12, 2013, 01:35:07 AM »

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bischoff/stasis-2d-isometric-scifi-horror-adventure-game/posts/658542

Mark Morgan, BETA Access, Mac OSX, Special Edition Box and Backer Wallpaper preview
11 comments  Like 15 likes

Today's Stasis Update:

Mark Morgan composing the Stasis Soundtrack
BETA Access at $59
Mac OSX Support Deluxe
Special Edition physical box design at $99
Exclusive Stasis wallpaper for all backers tomorrow!
We hope you're having an awesome day because, thanks to you, in only a week we have surpassed 50% of our funding goal!

MARK MORGAN

The unbelievably talented composer of FALLOUT 1, FALLOUT 2, FALLOUT 3: New Vegas and Planescape Torment joins STASIS.

Fallout... I still remember the very first time the vault doors closed behind me. A rat ran across my path, I pulled out my pistol and watched with glee as my bullets ripped through its ribcage.

Fallout was a seminal gaming experience for me and made me instantly fall in love with the Role Playing genre. But, in all honesty, what really shaped the Fallout world for me was the music. The sounds of the wasteland will always stir a very special feeling inside me. You could hear the wind of the desert blowing through each note. Each town had a unique sound and as I listen to the soundtrack now, I can feel the emotions I felt when I first explored the California wastes.

With that still in mind, I am extremely proud to announce that STASIS will be scored by composer, Mark Morgan; whose unknowing influence on my game was evident from the first time I sat down to create this world.

Mark Morgan has musically illustrated so many of the worlds that I have been lost in: Zork Nemesis, Zork Grand Inquisitor, Planescape Torment, Fallout 1, Fallout 2 and Fallout: New Vegas (to name but a few). Now with future work to look forward to - the soundtracks of Wasteland 2, Project Eternity and Torment: Tides Of Numenera.

Mark Morgan says, “At my first glimpse of STASIS, I was completely blown away by its Deep Beauty. This is destined to be EPIC!"

http://www.markmorganmusic.com/

BETA ACCESS (LIMITED NUMBER AVAILABLE)

If you would like to participate in the final Beta of STASIS, now you can!
At our limited $59 tier, you will be able to play the final Beta of STASIS, at least a month before the full release.

All tiers above $59 will automatically be entered into the Beta. You will also be listed as a Beta Tester on the website and in the STASIS game credits.

This is a LIMITED Kickstarter Exclusive Offer and will not be repeated after the Kickstarter Campaign, so if you want Beta access, please pledge now.

MAC OS X SUPPORT

One of the most requested Stretch Goals has been Mac support.

We know that other Kickstarter campaigns have added this as their Stretch Goal, and we definitely want as many players as possible to experience what's lurking in the bowels of the Groomlake. Therefore, we aren't adding Mac support as a Stretch Goal - we are committing to bring Mac gamers the world of STASIS as soon as we are fully funded.

You can head over to www.stasisgame.com/getstasis right now and try out the OSX Alpha demo immediately!

DELUXE BOX

An extra pretty version of the STASIS box design is now available at reward tiers $99 and up. This Special Edition box has a foil design, embossed logo polished high gloss surface. The Deluxe Box design is Kickstarter Exclusive and won't be available after the campaign ends, it is also LIMITED at the $99 tier.

BACKER ONLY WALLPAPER

Tomorrow the Backer Only wallpaper will become available. I have spent several days crafting this image and you will not be disappointed. Pledge $5 or more and this beauty is yours at HD and larger.

Finally, I want to say thank you for backing STASIS. Keep the adventure alive.

-c
Cathay
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 12, 2013, 03:15:29 AM »

Hi Chris, would you be able to write a post about the sound design at all? It sounds really great and I'm impressed that you're "winging it"...

kleiba
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 30, 2014, 11:29:46 AM »

Any updates in 2014?
Chris Bischoff
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: April 23, 2014, 04:31:33 AM »

A TRAILER SHOWING SOME OF THE NEW ENVIRONMENTS IN STASIS!

LINK TO THE KICKSTARTER UPDATE

I'm at the four month mark of full time development on Stasis!

The majority of the Alpha bug fixes and new systems have been done and dusted, and so I have been able to move onto entire new and exciting Stasis environments.

The medical suites are stark and white with a vastly different aesthetic, compared to the rusty, industrial grime you've seen so far. It's refreshing to work on a new experience point with an unfamiliar tile set. I've also now created the medical puzzle that was alluded to in the last update.

NEW MEDICAL LOOK & FEEL

CONCEPT ART

SCREENS FROM THE ABOVE CONCEPT ART - IN GAME

"The skeletal remains lie clustered together around the room, as if they died in a stampede, or clutching each other. Somehow the bones hold no scraps of flesh."

We've received some new writing from Christopher Dare and it is excellent! I can already see how the extra depth of this writing will echo through the environments, and really draw a player in.

I'm now moving onto the Hydroponics Bay... wish me luck Smiley

AND SOME MORE ART!

-Chris
Chris Bischoff
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: April 23, 2014, 04:33:06 AM »

Any updates in 2014?

There have been a few updates available on the Kickstarter page. Apologies for not updating this DevBlog! Its back on my radar!
Chris Bischoff
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: April 23, 2014, 04:34:03 AM »

Hi Chris, would you be able to write a post about the sound design at all? It sounds really great and I'm impressed that you're "winging it"...

Thanks so much! I have been planning some info on the sound design for ages now - it really is on my to do list! Ill be updating this DevLog more often, so please stay tuned. :D
Nu-Type
Level 1

Pathfinder

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 30, 2014, 02:35:50 PM »

Hey Chris, glad to see this game is doing well and the Kickstarter was backed! Also, to be able to find that Mark Morgan is doing music for the game is such a HUGE plus. Shame I wasnt around to pledge for the kickstarter. Either way, excellent work on this and looking forward to more!
Nu-Type
Level 1

Pathfinder

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 29, 2014, 08:28:51 AM »

So Chris, how goes the development of this game?
Chris Bischoff
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: August 11, 2015, 06:26:40 AM »

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bischoff/stasis-2d-isometric-scifi-horror-adventure-game/posts/1315958

I want to take this opportunity to say thank you for the support that this community has given me over the past two years, and some of you, even the past five years.

You've pledged your money, time and interest in my small project and STASIS has grown far beyond my wildest imagination.

But before I delve into the latest exciting news, watch the STASIS launch trailer here (Watch it in HD!):

RELEASE DATE

It's official! STASIS will be released on Monday, 31 August, 12AM Pacific.

The STEAM page is here: http://store.steampowered.com//app/380150

GOG AND STEAM

STASIS will be released on GOG and STEAM simultaneously. GOG is the world's second largest game portal and they'll be handling our DRM-FREE version.

In terms of choosing a GOG or STEAM release key, we'll be sending out the Backer Questionnaire next week, where this will be an option. Please take the time to answer these important questions when you get it, as the default key will be for STEAM.

COUNT DOWN WITH US

Can't wait for STASIS? Watch the release countdown here: http://stasisgame.com/countdown/index.html

HELP!

So how can you help?

Please share the STASIS trailer with your friends:

Share the countdown page so they can sign up to be notified on our release day: http://stasisgame.com/countdown/index.html

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/StasisGame

Like our Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/stasisgame

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic