Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1027915 Posts in 41252 Topics- by 32873 Members - Latest Member: Rednite

July 29, 2014, 02:53:08 PM
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesTribes Ascend
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Print
Author Topic: Tribes Ascend  (Read 7787 times)
iffi
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2012, 09:52:27 PM »

The servers sure seem to have been struggling lately...
namragog
Level 10

Humans are La La La~♪

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2012, 08:22:46 AM »

116 Km/h flag grab. I AM THE FASTEST MAN ALIVE! (Super good at skiing. I can outrun most light armors while playing as a medium.)   Noir

Dragonmaw
Global Moderator
Level 10

Notorious D.R.G.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2012, 10:11:19 AM »

that's... not really that fast.

try a 180+ km/h flag grab, then we'll talk Cool

My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.

-Snoop Dogg
namragog
Level 10

Humans are La La La~♪

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2012, 10:51:48 AM »

176.... SO CLOSE!
Unlocking things take years...

Blademasterbobo
Level 10

yes, i'm a duck

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2012, 11:06:53 AM »

even if this was the greatest game ever made, i wouldn't play it after the unlock bullshit they tacked on

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Noir Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
namragog
Level 10

Humans are La La La~♪

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2012, 11:07:43 AM »

It was always like that. They actually made it easier in the new patch...

Blademasterbobo
Level 10

yes, i'm a duck

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2012, 11:12:54 AM »

tribes 1 and 2 disagree

who cares if it's "easier," grinding to get better weapons is incredibly stupid, especially in a competitive, skill based FPS. it's bad enough in stuff like TF2, where it doesn't take very long and the new weapons usually aren't "better."

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Noir Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
namragog
Level 10

Humans are La La La~♪

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2012, 11:16:14 AM »

I think that weapons and upgrades should be unlocked in a fashion similar to the multiplayer aspect of Crysis 2, where you would get upgrades to your items depending on your performance with them. It would have to be tweaked a lot, but the general idea is in there.

dEnamed
Level 4

Bored was AmnEn.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2012, 11:25:33 AM »

that's... not really that fast.

try a 180+ km/h flag grab, then we'll talk Cool

Meh I've only managed 144 km/h and crash-splattered into the spire on the other side. But I sure was fast!

Obviously of demonic ancestry. In that case, can I get my wings please?
iffi
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2012, 11:35:59 AM »

Regarding unlocking stuff, it may be ludicrously expensive, but at least you get to keep your stuff once you've unlocked it. I've played games where you can only "rent" weapons instead of buying them. Those are terrible, especially when they run on real-world time rather than gameplay time. Though I do find it kinda silly to have to unlock classes...
namragog
Level 10

Humans are La La La~♪

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2012, 11:41:59 AM »

Regarding unlocking stuff, it may be ludicrously expensive, but at least you get to keep your stuff once you've unlocked it. I've played games where you can only "rent" weapons instead of buying them. Those are terrible, especially when they run on real-world time rather than gameplay time. Though I do find it kinda silly to have to unlock classes...

The entirety of this post is 100% truth. Blacklight: retribution looked and played great, but it would take around 6 days of nonstop play to get a different color skin for your gun that would last a total of three days. It's so dumb.

Dragonmaw
Global Moderator
Level 10

Notorious D.R.G.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2012, 01:31:21 PM »

i bit the bullet and got the thumper and stealth spinfusor with real world money

all of a sudden my effectiveness skyrockets

seriously though if you do the preorder pack get all the classes first then unlock the thumper and stealth spinfusor they are so much better than defaults

My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.

-Snoop Dogg
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

yes, i'm a duck

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2012, 02:52:24 PM »

i bit the bullet and got the thumper and stealth spinfusor with real world money

all of a sudden my effectiveness skyrockets

seriously though if you do the preorder pack get all the classes first then unlock the thumper and stealth spinfusor they are so much better than defaults

and that's why ill never bother trying this piece of shit game

iffi
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2012, 03:25:46 PM »

It's really not that bad if you don't pay attention to it... beyond having to unlock the classes themselves, at least. I for one haven't really felt like they're pushing me too hard to purchase something.
MisterX
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2012, 02:44:11 AM »

This is already an excellent free game. Pay at least $10, which I find the game is easily worth it, and you'll be able to unlock several weapons and gain +50% XP indefinitely. For me that's a very attractive deal.

When the game has more maps, modes, custom servers and stuff, I think it could easily be treated as a full-price game, at which point paying $40 should get you most of the stuff you'd want to play with.
And even then, upgrades to your equipment still can't be bought with real money, so they will always have to be unlocked by playing, though at rather affordable "prices".

So far, I am really fond of the system.

Ikiki Games Gallery - Nikujin & Co., the collected works featured in full-motion colour video!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic