Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 05:58:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsBootleg Demakes[FINISHED] Trouble In Euclidea
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: [FINISHED] Trouble In Euclidea  (Read 25989 times)
Zaknafein
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2008, 10:21:14 PM »

Alright, I think it's done now!

- Added a contour to the world to give a better feeling for where you can and can't go.
- Added "." and "*" stars in the background with parallax scrolling (actually, those far apart move more slowly due to the perspective camera... yay for 3D! :D)
- High score that is saved between games into an XML file.
- A new ACCOMPLISHMENT(tm) if you reach Rank 6 without dying. I won't spoil the name of this one.

Some play testers were having problems with the controls but I won't have time to code gamepad support... so it's WASD + mouse movement.

Final screenshot before release!

Zaknafein
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2008, 04:48:19 PM »

It's done! See first post for download link!

Pishtaco
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2008, 11:40:07 AM »

Beautiful game, and good fun. The mouse control felt a bit weird at first but I think I got the hang of it. The little pink things are tough.

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2008, 12:07:59 PM »

I would say what I think of it if I could play it. My PC hates XNA games.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Zaknafein
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2008, 08:27:35 AM »

It's not made with XNA, just .NET. So if you can install .NET 3.5, it'll work.
Also thanks, Pishtaco. Smiley

george
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2008, 05:06:50 PM »

ok, I got .net 3.5, but all I get when I run the game is a window with a white screen, and sound. I tried updating Directx (here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&DisplayLang=en) but the installer said I already have the newer Directx installed?
Zaknafein
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2008, 06:13:56 PM »

Huh, I've never heard that one...
Since it starts, the DLLs are probably loaded correctly, so no DX or .NET problems.

But what are your specs? The game may require a Shader Model 2.0 capable video card, but I'm not 100% sure as I haven't tested with earlier hardware.

george
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2008, 07:37:49 PM »

Well that's probably it, I have an ATI 7500 (i.e horse-and-buggy).  Gentleman.

I tried with 3D analyze but I still don't have a good handle on that, no luck so far.
Synnah
Level 7

La la la la - oh, what fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2008, 02:41:04 AM »

Finally got around to playing this, and I really liked it! My only reservation is with using the mouse to shoot, as with all other PC-based Geometry Wars clones I've played; You do get used to it, but because you can't see exactly where your mouse is, you can never be completely sure which direction you're aiming in, so there's a certain amount of guesswork involved. Not much that can be done about that, though, and everything else is great!

"What's that thing at the end of the large intestine? Because that's exactly what you've done here." - Ray Smuckles, Achewood.

My music. Will compose for free!
Zaknafein
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2008, 10:23:55 PM »

Thanks Smiley

About the mouse control... There's no cursor because I treat the mouse input like a vector. I found that this worked the best to make quick changes of direction, like turn around 180 degrees without too much effort.
So if you give a push up, the ship will look up. If you push right, it'll look right. With some cosmetic interpolation.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic