Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 02:28:36 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDelver
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 179
Print
Author Topic: Delver  (Read 782818 times)
mrleblanc101
Level 0

Québec :)

View Profile
« Reply #2040 on: December 18, 2012, 06:25:54 PM »

The forum slowed a bit this week... Sad
Come here everday to see what Chad is doing and others idea
but this week was boring :/
maybe it's because christmas is comming :D

---------------------------
Nothing Interesting Here...
GO Away !!!
Linkshot
Level 1

Tricky Tricky

View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: December 18, 2012, 07:00:25 PM »

Maybe there will be a surprise Christmas update.

All weapons become sharpened candy canes, the wizard at the end is Santa, and he is protecting a jingle bell.

Also all humans become elves.

Can't go wrong.
moatdd
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: December 19, 2012, 04:19:43 AM »

I recorded a

being played.

@Chad: You can add it to the Google Play Store entry for Delver.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 04:28:36 AM by moatdd » Logged
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2043 on: December 19, 2012, 07:50:16 AM »

I recorded a

being played.

That's way too long to use as a trailer unfortunately, really need to grab people in the first few seconds. I picked up a copy of ScreenFlow recently to record gameplay at decent quality and I've been collecting some video. Plan is to make a trailer full of jump cuts over some music that ends with the logo to use as a new trailer / Google Play / Steam Greenlight video.
moatdd
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: December 19, 2012, 12:04:33 PM »

I recorded a

being played.

That's way too long to use as a trailer unfortunately, really need to grab people in the first few seconds. I picked up a copy of ScreenFlow recently to record gameplay at decent quality and I've been collecting some video. Plan is to make a trailer full of jump cuts over some music that ends with the logo to use as a new trailer / Google Play / Steam Greenlight video.

For sure - there's no way I'd use this as a trailer. I've done those too, but trailers require a LOT of editing and it'd cost you if I were to do one. However, when I browse games on Google Play, I often look through their videos for ones that showcase actual gameplay (in addition to trailers).

There are a couple reasons for this:

First of all, I wind up uninstalling a lot of android apps simply because their interface is poorly designed or cumbersome for the multitouch interface. Sometimes it's because the game doesn't support my keyboard or attached gamepads. I'm a PC Gamer by heart, so naturally if I find an Android game's controls are vastly inferior to the PC version, then playing it gets really infuriating --

-- but that is NOT the case with your game. Your game has very good touch controls and it performs wonderfully with my Transformer's attached keyboard. It also works great on the tablet's screen size. Some games don't handle this well.

It also shows just how addicting and immersive the experience is. A trailer blitzes through the gameplay, often in under a minute. I could have recorded a full playthrough, but then it would have taken a really long time to upload the whole thing.

Anyways, the Google Play Store lets you select multiple videos to showcase gameplay from your game and I feel that there is also just not enough video footage of Delver out there. Especially not stuff that is using the latest version on Android. It's mostly Alpha gameplay.

I've got Fraps and I think it could capture the PC version well enough. I was considering getting a Blackmagic Intensity interface so I could capture the video feed directly off the HDMI output on the tablet, but the thing is, showing screencapped video does NOT show the experience of using the touch interface.

Oh right, that reminds me...

- Could you make the TAB key open the map? It'd be a great help to all of us DOOM vets.

- For righthanded people, it'd be great if the item text that shows up when dragging objects would show up on the LEFT side of the finger press. Because you can see in my video how the text is showing up underneath my fatty fat fat fat hands.

- Right at 18:09 in the video, you can see how I'm exploiting a bug in the program to combine 3 stacks of 20 arrows into a single stack of 60 arrows.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 01:10:30 PM by moatdd » Logged
Trystin
Level 4

Nyoom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2045 on: December 19, 2012, 03:13:39 PM »

I really like where this game is going, keep up the good work!  Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right

ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: December 22, 2012, 10:43:08 AM »

Not to be a pest, but when is the next update coming out and what will it include?  But I do have a bu report, the Amulet Of Protection has the same power as the Amulet of Greater Protection and the same with the rings.

Delver is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                 Smiley
shadow_blob1212
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: December 23, 2012, 04:34:10 PM »

well i tryed to buy delver with the card i got and..... no use -_-  Angry  Angry  Angry  Angry
shadow_blob1212
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: December 23, 2012, 07:25:11 PM »

wait nevermind!!!  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
wy477wh173
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2049 on: December 26, 2012, 01:16:53 PM »

This forum has gotten quiet. . . . too quiet Noir. Anyways, I was looking at the Delver wiki(delver.wikia.com/wiki/Delver_Wiki) and i noticed how sparse it was. I think some of the delver fans need to band together an beef up the page. For instance, each of the characters has less than a paragraph written about them, some dont have anything. So some of us could do some'Experiments' to sort out behavior, hp, attack damage, maybe sort enemies into classes based on dungeon level, rarity or something like that. You know put some real info into the pages. (maybe even write some lore? Wink) Anyway, I'm going to start doing some on my own with @Chad 's approval.
Joshua
Level 5

Be rad to one another!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2050 on: December 26, 2012, 01:21:20 PM »

The wikia page is a community effort. Feel free to contribute as much or as little as you like. Most of the info has been directly lifted out of the Delver data files. You shouldn't have to "experiment" to find numbers, just look them up.

I'm the guy who started the Wiki, and some of the top contributers are ninjas, Seiseki, and myself.

aceaces
Level 0

It's the chicken of doooooom!

View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: December 26, 2012, 06:53:12 PM »

Long time no see... This game has gone a long way since i was here last, and now you have to buy it, there goes me playing it now, cuz im roke XD. interpret, im glad this game is thriving, it is a wonderful game! i remeber when i even made a sound pack for this XD, i was even gona do a lets ply on it! Well, i hope to be more active now!
                -Signing off, aceaces
   (P.S. is there any way an erly alpha player to get it free, if not well ill try to get some money to buy it!)
Dementor561
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: December 27, 2012, 10:41:39 AM »

Two months Chad. I really hope you haven't given up on Delver. Please work to make an update.
ArsenioDev
Level 0

Pic Y u no change?

View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: December 29, 2012, 09:27:03 AM »

Gee whiz, give him a break - post from a month ago says he's in the middle of moving across the country.
yeah give the man a break! moving takes time! oh and I CANT WAIT FOR MAGFEST!!!

Whats this do? *presses button* oops.....there goes the rockets.....
ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: December 31, 2012, 06:56:18 PM »

This forum has gotten quiet. . . . too quiet Noir. Anyways, I was looking at the Delver wiki(delver.wikia.com/wiki/Delver_Wiki) and i noticed how sparse it was. I think some of the delver fans need to band together an beef up the page. For instance, each of the characters has less than a paragraph written about them, some dont have anything. So some of us could do some'Experiments' to sort out behavior, hp, attack damage, maybe sort enemies into classes based on dungeon level, rarity or something like that. You know put some real info into the pages. (maybe even write some lore? Wink) Anyway, I'm going to start doing some on my own with @Chad 's approval.

I understand what you mean.  I have had a lot of free time lately.  I you would like you could just pm me a list of things that you think would be good to do for the wiki or you could post it on here.  I suppose I could make a current projects page on the wiki, so that people can keep track of what is gong on.

Delver is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                 Smiley
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2055 on: January 01, 2013, 10:20:39 AM »

Gee whiz, give him a break - post from a month ago says he's in the middle of moving across the country.

Feels pretty bad that I haven't done much Delver related stuff lately besides planning out new content. Move update: supposed to be in SF in the middle of January. House is going on the market on Wednesday, that's what's been eating up all my time lately. Both making it ready for people to look at (fixing up stuff, painting, etc) and going through our stuff deciding what to donate, what to keep, and what to chuck.

I'm really starting to miss my old routine of spending a few hours every morning at a coffee shop working on Delver, I'll be glad when this month is over and I can get back into that.
aceaces
Level 0

It's the chicken of doooooom!

View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: January 01, 2013, 11:22:33 AM »

Yay :3
LazyWaffle
« Reply #2057 on: January 01, 2013, 02:55:59 PM »

Really digging this. Love the aesthetic a lot. The combat doesn't feel very active or dynamic though, but I feel like that could be fixed with a few visual cues. I think it'd be nice if the screen slowly zoomed in a bit while you're holding down the mouse button to "charge" your weapon. Mouse scroll to scroll through the hotbar would be nice too.

Great work so far, looking forward to seeing more.
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2058 on: January 04, 2013, 10:05:38 AM »

Finally got some time to work on Delver again, working on adding better entity support into the editor to make it possible to place and modify entities beyond the few editor markers that are supported now. This will be used to place decals, ambient lights, custom monsters, static meshes, etc.

Also, since the Delver engine is getting closer and closer to the one used in System Shock, it seemed fitting to do this:

Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: January 04, 2013, 11:09:36 AM »

Delver Shock, do want
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 179
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic