Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 03:06:03 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDelver
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 179
Print
Author Topic: Delver  (Read 782753 times)
Heraldo
Level 0

I'm ready, how about you?!

View Profile
« Reply #2280 on: April 27, 2013, 11:29:09 AM »

Hey everyone been working on a mod which adds a bunch of stuff to the game, including new weapons, new textures, a deep storyline and new enemies!

It isn't finished yet, so if you download and play it, any feedback would be appreciated!

Download -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/pfr3je0plelr74f/Space%20Delver.zip 

Dude, I just played through that mod, and it's amazing!  Smiley

Thanks man!

And once I can figure out how to use delvedit I'll add new rooms too!
Suedeash
Level 0

That guy.

View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: April 28, 2013, 01:30:35 AM »

Hey everyone been working on a mod which adds a bunch of stuff to the game, including new weapons, new textures, a deep storyline and new enemies!

It isn't finished yet, so if you download and play it, any feedback would be appreciated!

Download -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/pfr3je0plelr74f/Space%20Delver.zip 

Dude, I just played through that mod, and it's amazing!  Smiley

Thanks man!

And once I can figure out how to use delvedit I'll add new rooms too!

That would be awesome. I like what you're doing with this. Also, Chad, I tested the beta version of the new update, and it was good, but I got constant lag-spikes and the meshes were pretty messed-up. Other than that, I really liked the decals, and I couldn't find any bridges at all, but that might just be me.
PlanetsFly
Level 0

Alpha Tester

View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: May 02, 2013, 03:32:56 PM »

Could you add me to the Dev Build list bro?

EDIT: I found a bug in Delver Alpha 0.65 (Current) when you click mute on your keyboard it exits the game
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 07:32:48 AM by PlanetsFly » Logged
Interkarma
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: May 05, 2013, 02:38:15 PM »

Hey Chad! I found this project on Greenlight over the weekend and was pleasantly surprised to recognise your name on the front of it. Great to see you're still accomplishing amazing things.

I pre-purchased and sank a few hours into Delving, and must say it was tremendous fun. You have the makings of an incredible game here. Congratulations. Smiley

Good luck with everything!

Gavin.
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2284 on: May 06, 2013, 08:23:38 AM »

I sent out a new dev build this morning to the testing list, this one is a stab in the dark to hopefully fix the rendering weirdness that people were experiencing in the last build.

Hey Chad! I found this project on Greenlight over the weekend and was pleasantly surprised to recognise your name on the front of it. Great to see you're still accomplishing amazing things.

I pre-purchased and sank a few hours into Delving, and must say it was tremendous fun. You have the makings of an incredible game here. Congratulations. Smiley

Gavin.

Whoah, long time man. I was sad to see that you stopped work on your Daggerfall engine project, but I can understand why if it was taking up all of your free time. It's hard to maintain a work/life balance when throwing in what amounts to basically a second job on top of it.

Delver is basically an extension of what I've always been working toward, just boiled down to a size that's actually managable. End goal is hopefully to bootstrap a procedurally generated open world engine by working on one small piece at a time.
Leonick
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: May 06, 2013, 08:39:45 AM »

Just gave the new dev build a try, still the same graphical glitches and plenty of them.
ArsenioDev
Level 0

Pic Y u no change?

View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: May 06, 2013, 08:55:50 AM »

I sent out a new dev build this morning to the testing list, this one is a stab in the dark to hopefully fix the rendering weirdness that people were experiencing in the last build.

Gavin.

Whoah, long time man. I was sad to see that you stopped work on your Daggerfall engine project, but I can understand why if it was taking up all of your free time. It's hard to maintain a work/life balance when throwing in what amounts to basically a second job on top of it.

Delver is basically an extension of what I've always been working toward, just boiled down to a size that's actually managable. End goal is hopefully to bootstrap a procedurally generated open world engine by working on one small piece at a time.
the goals are reasonable and attainable but i agree its a shame to see the daggerfall engine reproduction hit the dirt. if it is possible i would like to see the engine progress and possibly take up the development.

Whats this do? *presses button* oops.....there goes the rockets.....
Linkshot
Level 1

Tricky Tricky

View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: May 07, 2013, 10:27:22 AM »

Reason to play Delver: You can throw your pants at enemies
Pajaking
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: May 08, 2013, 01:22:59 AM »

Every time i try to advance from level 1 to level 2 the game crashes, and i can't save games. Does anyone have this problem?
KamaKama
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: May 08, 2013, 06:48:15 AM »

Every time i try to advance from level 1 to level 2 the game crashes, and i can't save games. Does anyone have this problem?

You can't save your game manually. It automatically saves when you press ESC or close the game. It should create a folder named "save" in the same folder where the .jar is.
Try starting up a game, pressing ESC and check the folder. If there's none, I have no idea. (Also make sure you look in the folder where the .jar is. NOT where you may have a shortcut to it)
betasword
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: May 08, 2013, 04:01:32 PM »

I know you're still testing the PC version and all, but if you need someone to help test the Android version, feel free to toss an .apk my way, and I can give it a whirl on my Note 2. :D
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2291 on: May 09, 2013, 10:24:45 AM »

Pushed out a new beta build today, spent the last few days combing through the rendering code and I believe I found the issue with the strange triangles after level load bug, the level chunk Meshes were being declared just a bit too large, which left odd data from the last mesh allocation in that area of memory that ended up being drawn. Hopefully this fixed version makes that issue go away, and I can make this build public.
Pajaking
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: May 10, 2013, 11:44:47 AM »

I found the solution to the save problem, you have to put java the default program for launching the game. You should update this to the first post.

Suedeash
Level 0

That guy.

View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: May 11, 2013, 10:21:17 AM »

Pushed out a new beta build today, spent the last few days combing through the rendering code and I believe I found the issue with the strange triangles after level load bug, the level chunk Meshes were being declared just a bit too large, which left odd data from the last mesh allocation in that area of memory that ended up being drawn. Hopefully this fixed version makes that issue go away, and I can make this build public.

Hey Chad, I have something that might interest you, and fans of Delver in general. Remember on your website, a while back, when you posted about your raycast dungeon crawler called Dungeoneer? Yeah, well I have the .JAR file for that game. I have some video footage of it too.
www.youtube.com//watch?v=-V0f3zKXRgg
I hope this is useful. :D
ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: May 11, 2013, 07:06:48 PM »

How!?

Hey Chad, I have something that might interest you, and fans of Delver in general. Remember on your website, a while back, when you posted about your raycast dungeon crawler called Dungeoneer? Yeah, well I have the .JAR file for that game. I have some video footage of it too.

Delver is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                 Smiley
Suedeash
Level 0

That guy.

View Profile
« Reply #2295 on: May 12, 2013, 02:10:16 AM »

How!?

I don't actually know how I have it. xD
makerimages
Level 2

Makerimages Studios

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2296 on: May 12, 2013, 04:47:29 AM »

Could I be added to the testing list aswell?

Makerimages-Its in the pixel
Linkshot
Level 1

Tricky Tricky

View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: May 12, 2013, 04:41:55 PM »

Monday night @ 9 PM EST, I'm hoping to stream some of the latest Delver build. My Twitch handle is the same as here.
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2298 on: May 13, 2013, 10:42:47 AM »

Made some progress this weekend! Started adding in controller support, inadvertently fixed the graphical issues, and started adding Mike's trigger framework into the base game.

The MOGA guys sent me a few of their gamepads which spurred me to finally start working on gamepad code, which required me to update to the newest version of LibGdx to fix. Once I upgraded to the new version I started seeing the graphical issues on my dev machines which let me finally track it down to some model caching code. Upgrading to the latest LibGdx / Jwjgl also fixed the music stuttering issue on OSX.

So far the first supported gamepads will probably be MOGA, Ouya, and the Xbox 360 pad. Right now I just have basic movement working, wiring this into the inventory system is going to take some thinking.

In the world of Triggered events, there are now placeable triggers which can be activated on use or on touch to perform some simple level scripting like showing a message, opening a door, or spawning an entity. This system should allow for some simple traps and events to be created by level designers.

Monday night @ 9 PM EST, I'm hoping to stream some of the latest Delver build. My Twitch handle is the same as here.

Nice! I'll see if I can push out a new testing build before then so you hopefully don't run into any random triangles of doom.

Could I be added to the testing list aswell?

Can do.
Linkshot
Level 1

Tricky Tricky

View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: May 13, 2013, 10:49:02 AM »

Nice! I'll see if I can push out a new testing build before then so you hopefully don't run into any random triangles of doom.

Awesome. If you end up needing a little extra time, I can do a quick run of a different game to stall Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 179
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic