Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 06:20:14 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDelver
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 179
Print
Author Topic: Delver  (Read 779617 times)
Skizomeuh
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3420 on: June 27, 2014, 05:46:35 AM »

Block function and/or shields is a good idea (I think it has been mentioned by the devs, btw), but I think it must stay simple regarding weapons. I don't see big interest in upper tier weaponry unless Chad & Josh implement more dungeons...
... That echoes to your 8th point: campsite is a real beauty (Halloween special version was too!), even making the dungeon more tangible, but hell I'd pay for a DLC adding an overworld like the one that was prototyped Smiley

Points 6 & 12: YES please!
Skizomeuh
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3421 on: June 27, 2014, 05:48:34 AM »

Loving both Delver and Boarding party on my new Shield!
lucky guy!
MOGA compatibility is still a little bugged, I hope fix will join the list of the last features in the next update.
shadowreaperx
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: June 27, 2014, 09:15:57 AM »

So I decided to test out the new update yesterday, and I stumbled across some...accidents? I didn't post this yesterday because I don't know why, but I'm doing it now so whatever.

First off, I noticed that the cave levels have 2 different exits, one of which is not marked on the map, both of which lead to the same place, and even if you go down the unmarked ladder, going up you're put where the marked one is Huh?. Is this going to go towards some special loot room level? That would be sweet. It also got me to thinking that it might be nice to have different colors for entrance/exit for a particular level...

And on level 7 - and this is a big deal - since you can break down doors now, I tried doing just that with the wooden door leading to the Necromancer. It worked. Now, I'd gotten the key just in case there was another, unbreakable locked door, and I hadn't tried opening the door like a sane person  Wink, so I don't know whether the door is locked, but that's a glaring flaw and a useless key.

Also, playing through the sewer level with the little holes in the walls everywhere made me think that maybe they have a chance to lead to a secret loot room if you break the wall down, perhaps requiring a hammer to do so? This would be a cool addition not only to the sewer level, and it'd be an excuse to hide some of the not-so-visible offshoot rooms in the caves.

Wow, this post is a lot longer than I expected...
P.S. My assets folder is finally doing what it should! (I edited some of the armor to be more stylish and made the jeweled sword line more...masterful-looking...)
SpyingFuzzball
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: June 27, 2014, 09:31:27 PM »

Block function and/or shields is a good idea (I think it has been mentioned by the devs, btw), but I think it must stay simple regarding weapons. I don't see big interest in upper tier weaponry unless Chad & Josh implement more dungeons...
... That echoes to your 8th point: campsite is a real beauty (Halloween special version was too!), even making the dungeon more tangible, but hell I'd pay for a DLC adding an overworld like the one that was prototyped Smiley

Points 6 & 12: YES please!

Thanks bud Smiley  I can understand the weapons...  Too much and it would require a massive amount of balancing, or simply take away from what the game is... Either way, would love to see more!
ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: June 28, 2014, 06:41:19 AM »

Hey there guys!  Been a while.  I see that the game has progressed tremendously however there are still many things left to be done.  One of the biggest things that I would recommend would be more levels.  Sorry Interupt but no matter how much content you cram into 1 level it  doesn't really prolong gameplay.  No amount of new game mechanics can truly add length to the game.  7 levels just doesn't cut it in my opinion.  A level for me usually takes      5-8 minutes this is only 35-56 minutes plus the 10 minutes it takes to get back up.  This is only 45-66 minutes assuming that you don't die which more than likely you will.  I'm not saying make a Dungeon that it takes over 2 hours to beat but at least bump the level count up to 10.

Now for my non-rant like suggestions;
Add magic pretty please
Add enemy's that utilize bows
Make the enemy that you are fighting drop items that are appropriate to that mob, why do Slimes drop Battle Hammers?  They are obviously not carrying it around...
Add a way to recharge staves.
Add rare drops
Add !erchants that lurk in secret secure locations in the Dungeon
Add rare mobs/hidden mini bosses
Staves should use mana which I know your eventually planning to add since you someday want a magic system

And that's about it! Smiley

Delver is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                 Smiley
Linkshot
Level 1

Tricky Tricky

View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: June 28, 2014, 08:26:19 AM »

Found a cute little oversight: I can grab bones and get ready to throw them, press Z to regain control of my camera again, and my weapon will start prepping. Releasing will throw the bones AND slash with my weapon simultaneously, which is...functionally useful, too.

Also I made pants float in midair by destroying the boxes under it.
7Soul
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3426 on: June 28, 2014, 09:05:02 PM »

I'm still having problems with a rotated room not rotating the collision box of entities in it. You said it was fixed before, but I'm thinking what happened here is that I rotated it (by pressing T), and then the game rotated it again maybe?

Edit
And remember the case of the disappearing lever? Well
This is where it was supposed to be: http://puu.sh/9OQdV/3b2496ece0.jpg
And this is where it actually showed up: http://puu.sh/9OQfe/b416967889.jpg
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 09:44:10 PM by 7Soul » Logged

Connor
Level 8

Smooth talker, musician. Loves all things 70s.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3427 on: June 29, 2014, 05:20:29 PM »

I'm not saying make a Dungeon that it takes over 2 hours to beat but at least bump the level count up to 10.

+1 for more floors

Firearrow games
www.firearrowgames.net

blitzkampfer:
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=52009.msg1280646#msg1280646

too bad eggybooms ents are actually men in paper mache suits and they NEED to be agile
Dementor561
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: June 29, 2014, 05:32:10 PM »

I'm not saying make a Dungeon that it takes over 2 hours to beat but at least bump the level count up to 10.

+2
AlphaPlus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: June 29, 2014, 06:10:47 PM »

+2

+3...oh fuck it, more floors would be awesome.

For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been'.
Connor
Level 8

Smooth talker, musician. Loves all things 70s.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3430 on: June 29, 2014, 06:18:38 PM »

oh god, what have i started.

Firearrow games
www.firearrowgames.net

blitzkampfer:
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=52009.msg1280646#msg1280646

too bad eggybooms ents are actually men in paper mache suits and they NEED to be agile
ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: June 30, 2014, 06:03:29 AM »

oh god, what have i started.
Lol.

Delver is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                 Smiley
SpyingFuzzball
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: June 30, 2014, 10:13:57 PM »

Sorry if this is off-topic but I think it's related since I think it's the same engine.

I couldn't find any video of people actually playing Boarding Party properly on Android.
So I made one to help out, my channel is of zero importance, but at least it's out there now.

If it's unwanted I'll delete it right away, or I could also make one for Delver.

With a controller and the right Tincore profile these games are the best I can find for Android. By FAR.

Uhh... ?  This has absolutely nothing to do with this game.  Shameless self promotion, or what?  If you're not posting stuff to improve this game, then in my opinion, don't post at all. 
Tsk tsk.
Skizomeuh
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3433 on: June 30, 2014, 11:15:05 PM »

Uhh... ?  This has absolutely nothing to do with this game.  Shameless self promotion, or what?
No need to be harsh:  Boarding Party is a little game Delver's creator made on the same engine as Delver for the 7DFPS jam.
SpyingFuzzball
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: June 30, 2014, 11:56:31 PM »

Uhh... ?  This has absolutely nothing to do with this game.  Shameless self promotion, or what?
No need to be harsh:  Boarding Party is a little game Delver's creator made on the same engine as Delver for the 7DFPS jam.

Not being harsh, but there is a different forum for that, one could guess.  It'd be a bit more pertinent to discuss the flaws/gems of this game, then to post a video of YOUR channel for a game that is not Delver, no?
michelmohr
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3435 on: July 01, 2014, 12:49:47 AM »

Uhh... ?  This has absolutely nothing to do with this game.  Shameless self promotion, or what?  If you're not posting stuff to improve this game, then in my opinion, don't post at all.  
Tsk tsk.

Sorry I didn't think of it that way, I'll delete my post.
My channel is of absolutely zero consequence, and is only a video repository for myself.

I only meant to help promote the game.

Skizomeuh
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3436 on: July 04, 2014, 05:08:52 AM »

Made many runs (and death) and I can't be bored by the new caves! Hope you're cooking enhancements in the other levels  Beg

I'm fond of the scattered notes, maybe a kind of codex (resetted after death, obviously) filling with each findings (notes, identified potions) could be a nifty incentive.

While I'm at it, here's a list of additions I'd love:
- An update for the Android version (and an iOS version so they could enjoy the game and throw tons of money at you)
- The codex
- Mousewheel for belt navigation
- More options for mapping mouse buttons to different functions
- FOV slider
- MOAR ROOMS Smiley
- More hidden passages, puzzles, traps
- Outside (may it be overworld to go from dungeon to another, to a town ; or a new level type ; or just an extended campsite)
- The little Garrett in me cries for rope arrows Smiley
Linkshot
Level 1

Tricky Tricky

View Profile
« Reply #3437 on: July 04, 2014, 05:37:12 AM »

Still hoping to see armors have a random distribution of physical/magical defense instead of being purely physical.
Reise92
« Reply #3438 on: July 06, 2014, 11:48:30 PM »

http://imgur.com/jR63YQg

Pressing F to flatten the area in DelvEdit fixes the few water tiles that have this weird minor height difference. There's one in the Dungeon, and a whole bunch in the Sewers.

Raising or lowering the water level doesn't fix it, it's always like that until either it's remade or it's flattened.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=204293814
SpyingFuzzball
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: July 16, 2014, 02:28:57 AM »

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Any clues as to when the next update is?  Or what it will entail?  Getting excited over here.  Checking this daily.

BRING ON THE UPDATES.  MY BODY IS READY.   Wizard  Evil
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 179
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic