Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 18, 2024, 08:32:32 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDelver
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 179
Print
Author Topic: Delver  (Read 778945 times)
offset
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2012, 09:03:26 AM »

Absolutely awesome atmosphere! Need ability to jump, Interrupt. Beautiful lighting system!  Smiley And yep, i love this game, this is my favorite game of all TIGSource games!  Gentleman
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2012, 09:06:29 AM »

Absolutely awesome atmosphere! Need ability to jump, Interrupt. Beautiful lighting system!  Smiley And yep, i love this game, this is my favorite game of all TIGSource games!  Gentleman

I've been back and forth on the jumping, but it'd be easy enough to add in so I might as well do it. How was the balance, did you make it to the bottom and find new gear along the way?
offset
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2012, 09:11:19 AM »

I could not reach the key, because the hero can not jump.  Sad
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2012, 09:19:11 AM »

I could not reach the key, because the hero can not jump.  Sad

That key is reachable, turn around and find the nearby ladder to go down a level, then find the other stairs that go back up to where the key is Smiley
offset
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2012, 09:23:06 AM »

Heh. I just went there, but accidentally pressed the Escape  Cheesy We ought to do that when you press the F4 (not F) window set to FULL screen.
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2012, 09:26:48 AM »

Heh. I just went there, but accidentally pressed the Escape  Cheesy We ought to do that when you press the F4 (not F) window set to FULL screen.

Are you still getting that problem where instead of loading the savegame it just displays a black window the second time you launch?
offset
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2012, 09:35:29 AM »

Yep. I opened the door and went downstairs, where he met a blue creature, and he killed me. Gameplay is damn exciting. Need urgent online multiplayer.
Caran Elmoth
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2012, 02:10:53 AM »

Same problem with the savegame here (except that it doesn't show a black window, it just crashes to desktop). Otherwise, wonderful atmosphere (like the colors very much). I will play it more thoroughly later. Just one niptick: I think we all have seen oryx sprites almost everywhere around; if you could manage to draw some simple original sprites, it would add tons of personality to the game Smiley.

Cheers! Beer!

Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2012, 07:24:30 AM »

I've got some new sprites in the works which are definitely Oryx inspired but sometimes you have to stand on the shoulders of giants Smiley

Cutpurse

Druid

Mage

? ? ?
offset
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2012, 07:44:40 AM »

? ? ?

Mixture of VVVVVV and creeper?  Grin
Caran Elmoth
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2012, 07:49:46 AM »

? ? ?

MoonManMonster? Cool

Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2012, 07:51:36 AM »

Updated the lighting system today to support more dynamic lights, due to another change: letting the mages use magic!

Rounding a corner and getting a magic missile in the face is just as awesome as I'd hoped it would be, brought back some roguelike memories of being wary when peeking into a room. Those projectiles can also hit, and kill, other monsters which is technically a bug but is cool enough in action to be a feature.

Next up is fleshing out the monster abilities, I need to come up with a data driven system to let druids summon animals, mages to teleport, etc...

As part of that I'll also need to figure out which stats the player and monsters should have. Right now all the combat is driven based on the items you acquire, even leveling up via increasing your health permanently through a potion. This is fun and simple enough but doesn't allow for multiple player classes. I'm thinking of keeping it simple and having three or four stats, like Dexterity (speed / accuracy), Health, Magic, & Strength - that should allow for the main archetypes like warriors, magic users, and archers.
offset
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2012, 09:21:47 AM »

Online Multiplayer! Make online multiplayer! Evil
Pirate
Level 0

yarr

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2012, 09:23:08 AM »

Haha, I love the new sprite style :D
I am a huge fan of oryx/oddball sprites and have also made my own version mainting a strong basis kinda like yours. I hope to keep seeing these sprite styles remain a heavy influence for years to come

Grin
Btw game is coming a long nicely, I will definitely be following your progress.
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2012, 09:43:51 AM »

Online Multiplayer! Make online multiplayer! Evil

Maybe someday, have alot of work to do first before I get to that point though. Firstly would like to get in the class system and overworld, and find out why it's not saving right on Windows and Android.
offset
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2012, 09:45:15 AM »

And dungeon generator.  Beer!
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2012, 07:49:05 AM »

Updated the playable alpha with the latest progress: Delver Alpha 3-20-12

• Player / monster leveling system
  • Balance tweaks
  • Themed dungeon floors - only affects monster spawns for now
  • New monsters: spiders, skeletons, mages
  • Revamped some dungeon floors, added a new floor
  • Levels now are created only when first needed, not at game start
  • Monster attack animations
  • Monster respawning
keoni29
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2012, 10:33:45 AM »

Gotta check it out! If only I had some more spare time  Sad
Magnesium Ninja
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2012, 10:52:58 AM »

Just got a chance to check this out! Not sure what's being worked on and what's 'finished', so I'll just spurt things as I remember them:

-I really like the lighting, made the game feel very dynamic
-Attack animation seems a bit stuff, as well as how the weapons are held
-Ability to scroll through your inventory with the mouse wheel would be nice
-Mage attacks seem to have no sense of height, they hit me even if the bolt is shown as flying above my head. I got killed in the water by a mage on the bluff above me shooting bolts

Looking good, I enjoyed it  Smiley

DrDerekDoctors
THE ARSEHAMMER
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2012, 11:41:30 AM »

Mouse movement has added a lot to this. Obviously it feels a lot more Arx Fatalis than Ultima Underworld now, but that's a good thing. Sword combat is starting to feel very slow, though, in comparison to the increased pace of the regular gameplay.

Can't wait until it has some sound an' that for extra atmosphere. Looking forward to seeing where it goes in terms of puzzles, etc. Smiley

Me, David Williamson and Mark Foster do an Indie Games podcast. Give it a listen. And then I'll send you an apology.
http://pigignorant.com/
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 179
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic