Thanks, will add those to the buglist. Nice avatar btw, is that a blue mouse? If it is it's good timing, just added these non-hostile critters back in today:
Haha, no, it's a blue lizardman. I guess it does look somewhat mousish, my pixel skills aren't the best. The mice are cute. They need some kind of animation though, so they don't look like very fast slugs.
I love the map and the caves! The buttons on the Android version help a lot too. No more wasted wand charges!
(Not Quite) Bugs:
- "NO ROOM" still flashes too fast to read.
- Red, Blue and Green potions make you feel "Better", while Purple and Gold potions make you feel "Healthier". Is there a difference?
- I feel like armor doesn't work very well. Whilst wearing Excelled Jeweled Platemail, bats still do 2.5 hearts of damage and can kick my butt. I have no exact stats yet, but I'll go back and do an armor comparison. Or maybe bats just need to be nerfed.
- Looking around on Android is still very touchy. Sometimes it will whip me around, while other times I'll have to drag my finger across the screen several times just to turn. Not sure how to fix this. :x
- I discovered through curiosity (read: stupidity) that you can throw the Orb in the water. This makes the game unwinnable, since you can't pick up items in the water.
2% sure that the crash a lot of people are experiencing when changing floors is caused by Java 7. I had that problem when I first started playing. It worked fine on Linux (which has Java 6 installed), but would always crash for me on Windows. I got fed up with Java 7 when I couldn't play most of the Ludum Dare games. I downgraded to Java 6 and no longer had that problem. Ask the people experiencing this what version of Java they're using.
- Change the name of the "Use" button on Android. When you look at an object, it says "Use: Get Thing". It may confuse people as to whether they are using or getting the thing. Also, the button is not actually used to "use" anything.
- Let me drink potions off the ground. Not entirely hygienic, but handy when running from baddies with a full inventory.
- Minimap! The full map's great, but blinds me.
- Map Marker for the starting room.
- Put things in Libraries.
Libraries are cool. But there's absolutely no reason to explore them. They are easily avoided, as seen above. Unless this is a subliminal message to get people to read less. You monster. And why does one room have a pool?
- Secret doors! Cuz... that'd be really cool. And make it more roguelike-like.
Keep up the awesome work! :D