Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1026746 Posts in 41165 Topics- by 32773 Members - Latest Member: robert.briscoe

July 25, 2014, 02:03:00 PM
TIGSource ForumsFeedbackDevLogsDelver
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 230
Print
Author Topic: Delver  (Read 430398 times)
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2175 on: March 03, 2013, 07:29:48 PM »

Wow, I didn't realize it had been this long already. This is definitely the longest I've worked on one project before Smiley
Connor
Level 5

Programmer of the jasper chronicles

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2176 on: March 03, 2013, 08:21:55 PM »

haha, just keep trucking interrupt. happy late birthday to delver, and to many more!

Firearrow games
www.firearrowgames.com

too bad eggybooms ents are actually men in paper mache suits and they NEED to be agile
ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: March 04, 2013, 03:31:48 AM »

Wow, I didn't realize it had been this long already. This is definitely the longest I've worked on one project before Smiley
Really, I was the only one who noticed that.  Makes me feal like a fanboy.

Delver is awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                 Smiley
Absinthetic
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #2178 on: March 04, 2013, 12:57:06 PM »

I bought Delver through the HumbleBundle and no matter what I do, I get only .65 for the Android. Says it's supposed to be .66b and I can't get that. Am I being punished for stupidity? Wouldn't be the first time Smiley Can ye help?

tasfan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: March 04, 2013, 06:51:48 PM »

congrats on your success so far, and i look forward to seeing Delver evolve even further... i've been lurking here for some time, and made the plunge on your anniversary, it seems... couldnt be happier! Smiley

p.s. my kids really enjoy watching me play for some reason... i think using the various wands is their favorite part... Wink
Absinthetic
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #2180 on: March 05, 2013, 09:01:12 AM »

I bought Delver through the HumbleBundle and no matter what I do, I get only .65 for the Android. Says it's supposed to be .66b and I can't get that. Am I being punished for stupidity? Wouldn't be the first time Smiley Can ye help?

It finally auto-updated. I was simply being punished for stupidity. Thank you anyway Smiley
9joseph9
Manbaby

View Profile Email
« Reply #2181 on: March 07, 2013, 09:22:12 AM »

this is a really great game ,but mabey you could tone it down on the wands ,i find two more before i even run out of charges on the first one lol.
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2182 on: March 07, 2013, 11:41:11 AM »

I've been working on expanding the Entity -> Entity collision system lately to support static entities like bridges better. Before the Entity -> World and Entity -> Entity collision systems were different, now things will be more unified and should act the same.

MikeRatzlaff has been proven to be a Cool Dude, and given a fork of the Delver code to work on to try out some improvements he had been asking me for, he's been working on some cool stuff like exposing more properties for modding, angled walls and better doors:

I'll be merging bits of his work back into the main codebase, looking forward to some of this stuff Smiley

ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: March 07, 2013, 11:49:37 AM »

I've been working on expanding the Entity -> Entity collision system lately to support static entities like bridges better. Before the Entity -> World and Entity -> Entity collision systems were different, now things will be more unified and should act the same.

MikeRatzlaff has been proven to be a Cool Dude, and given a fork of the Delver code to work on to try out some improvements he had been asking me for, he's been working on some cool stuff like exposing more properties for modding, angled walls and better doors:

I'll be merging bits of his work back into the main codebase, looking forward to some of this stuff Smiley

When is the decal update coming out?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 12:00:51 PM by ninja » Logged

Delver is awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                 Smiley
Gimym JIMBERT
Level 10

Feminism is back!

View Profile Email
« Reply #2184 on: March 07, 2013, 12:41:35 PM »

Fuck yeah, angled wall! I wonder how this is stored in the map?

I mean original delver had drawn heavily on map system like Tomb raider or system shock: each cell has wallID + ceiling/floor height + extra slope height for each, how the hell you can add slanted wall?

Also the minimap still show square data, yet the room is rather roundish Huh?

ILLOGICAL, random guy on internet, do not trust (lelebĉcülo dum borobürükiss)
Joshua
Level 5

Be rad to one another!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2185 on: March 07, 2013, 02:14:21 PM »

Whoa. Great work guys!

ImHereForDelver
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: March 08, 2013, 06:39:33 AM »

Wow, I haven't posted here in a while. Grats Chad for getting so much publicity(I have a lack of a better word) for this game, I hope you get it on Steam, That would be a big boost. Btw, Can you still not figure out why some people can't see the crystals?
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2187 on: March 08, 2013, 10:09:01 AM »

Fuck yeah, angled wall! I wonder how this is stored in the map?

I mean original delver had drawn heavily on map system like Tomb raider or system shock: each cell has wallID + ceiling/floor height + extra slope height for each, how the hell you can add slanted wall?

Also the minimap still show square data, yet the room is rather roundish Huh?

Slanted walls end up just being an enum added to the tile. Instead of a tile just being solid / nonsolid now there's a bunch of enums: EMPTY, SOLID, ANGLED_NE, etc...

MikeRatzlaff also updated the map system later to show angled rooms. Instead of it being one pixel per tile, now it's something like four pixels per tile:

Wow, I haven't posted here in a while. Grats Chad for getting so much publicity(I have a lack of a better word) for this game, I hope you get it on Steam, That would be a big boost. Btw, Can you still not figure out why some people can't see the crystals?

In the next version I'm batching static models like crystals into one larger model per world chunk, a weird side effect of that process is that it also seems to fix the crystal rendering.
Linkshot
Level 1

Tricky Tricky

View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: March 08, 2013, 10:39:46 AM »

Now that's what I call a "feature". Good job on crystals. I never would have even known they existed without this thread.
Gimym JIMBERT
Level 10

Feminism is back!

View Profile Email
« Reply #2189 on: March 08, 2013, 11:15:34 AM »

Oh thank you for answering, that map look really amazing!

ILLOGICAL, random guy on internet, do not trust (lelebĉcülo dum borobürükiss)
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 230
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic