Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1034809 Posts in 41746 Topics- by 33341 Members - Latest Member: cmlewis

August 21, 2014, 11:52:32 PM
TIGSource ForumsFeedbackDevLogsDelver
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 231
Print
Author Topic: Delver  (Read 441558 times)
ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2295 on: May 11, 2013, 07:06:48 PM »

How!?
Pushed out a new beta build today, spent the last few days combing through the rendering code and I believe I found the issue with the strange triangles after level load bug, the level chunk Meshes were being declared just a bit too large, which left odd data from the last mesh allocation in that area of memory that ended up being drawn. Hopefully this fixed version makes that issue go away, and I can make this build public.

Hey Chad, I have something that might interest you, and fans of Delver in general. Remember on your website, a while back, when you posted about your raycast dungeon crawler called Dungeoneer? Yeah, well I have the .JAR file for that game. I have some video footage of it too.
www.youtube.com//watch?v=-V0f3zKXRgg
I hope this is useful. :D

Delver is awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                 Smiley
Suedeash
Level 0

That guy.

View Profile Email
« Reply #2296 on: May 12, 2013, 02:10:16 AM »

How!?
Pushed out a new beta build today, spent the last few days combing through the rendering code and I believe I found the issue with the strange triangles after level load bug, the level chunk Meshes were being declared just a bit too large, which left odd data from the last mesh allocation in that area of memory that ended up being drawn. Hopefully this fixed version makes that issue go away, and I can make this build public.

Hey Chad, I have something that might interest you, and fans of Delver in general. Remember on your website, a while back, when you posted about your raycast dungeon crawler called Dungeoneer? Yeah, well I have the .JAR file for that game. I have some video footage of it too.
www.youtube.com//watch?v=-V0f3zKXRgg
I hope this is useful. :D

I don't actually know how I have it. xD
makerimages
Level 2

Makerimages Studios

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2297 on: May 12, 2013, 04:47:29 AM »

Could I be added to the testing list aswell?

Makerimages-Its in the pixel
Linkshot
Level 1

Tricky Tricky

View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: May 12, 2013, 04:41:55 PM »

Monday night @ 9 PM EST, I'm hoping to stream some of the latest Delver build. My Twitch handle is the same as here.
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2299 on: May 13, 2013, 10:42:47 AM »

Made some progress this weekend! Started adding in controller support, inadvertently fixed the graphical issues, and started adding Mike's trigger framework into the base game.

The MOGA guys sent me a few of their gamepads which spurred me to finally start working on gamepad code, which required me to update to the newest version of LibGdx to fix. Once I upgraded to the new version I started seeing the graphical issues on my dev machines which let me finally track it down to some model caching code. Upgrading to the latest LibGdx / Jwjgl also fixed the music stuttering issue on OSX.

So far the first supported gamepads will probably be MOGA, Ouya, and the Xbox 360 pad. Right now I just have basic movement working, wiring this into the inventory system is going to take some thinking.

In the world of Triggered events, there are now placeable triggers which can be activated on use or on touch to perform some simple level scripting like showing a message, opening a door, or spawning an entity. This system should allow for some simple traps and events to be created by level designers.

Monday night @ 9 PM EST, I'm hoping to stream some of the latest Delver build. My Twitch handle is the same as here.

Nice! I'll see if I can push out a new testing build before then so you hopefully don't run into any random triangles of doom.

Can do.
Linkshot
Level 1

Tricky Tricky

View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: May 13, 2013, 10:49:02 AM »

Nice! I'll see if I can push out a new testing build before then so you hopefully don't run into any random triangles of doom.

Awesome. If you end up needing a little extra time, I can do a quick run of a different game to stall Smiley
ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: May 13, 2013, 11:59:46 AM »

So will the triggers be implemented into the vanilla game or will it just be there for map makers?

Smiley
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2302 on: May 13, 2013, 12:48:21 PM »

So will the triggers be implemented into the vanilla game or will it just be there for map makers?

I'll be rolling out new generator tiles that include all of this fancy functionality
ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: May 13, 2013, 02:24:45 PM »

Yay!  You are truly awsome.

Smiley
Linkshot
Level 1

Tricky Tricky

View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: May 13, 2013, 04:55:08 PM »

About to start streaming in 5 minutes!

http://twitch.tv/Linkshot
a6n0rma1
Level 0

I am rubber...you are glue...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2305 on: May 13, 2013, 05:15:26 PM »

I can confirm that today's beta build checks A-OK! Everything works as intended. I noticed a small performance increase on my netbook(Aspire one 751h...yes the one with gma 500) with the latest update the game runs at an acceptable framerate now. No graphics glitches both on my desktop(win 7 64 bit), on my netbook and my mac mini model 2011. Go Chad!
ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: May 13, 2013, 05:30:19 PM »

Anyone seen this?
http://wondercraft.net/delver-poster-and-free-wallpaper/

Smiley
Linkshot
Level 1

Tricky Tricky

View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: May 13, 2013, 07:52:29 PM »

While streaming today, I managed to throw a skull halfway into the wall, making it obtainable solely through C/I/Z cursor grabbing.
ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: May 14, 2013, 02:50:02 AM »

Well that's interesting.

Smiley
makerimages
Level 2

Makerimages Studios

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2309 on: May 14, 2013, 03:14:34 AM »

Can do.

Awesome, now where`s that DL?

Makerimages-Its in the pixel
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 231
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic