Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

998267 Posts in 39150 Topics- by 30560 Members - Latest Member: kust

April 18, 2014, 01:22:50 PM
TIGSource ForumsFeedbackDevLogsDelver
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 224
Print
Author Topic: Delver  (Read 384529 times)
makerimages
Level 2

Makerimages Studios

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2310 on: May 14, 2013, 03:14:34 AM »

Could I be added to the testing list aswell?

Can do.

Awesome, now where`s that DL?

Makerimages-Its in the pixel
Zoju
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #2311 on: May 14, 2013, 06:48:32 AM »

Aiming with ranged weapons is REALLY difficult with the touch controls in the Android version.
Could you give us some kind of help with that?
Connor
Level 4

Programmer of the jasper chronicles

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2312 on: May 14, 2013, 09:01:23 AM »

cassowary profile pic test. (sorry bout spam interrupt)

Firearrow games
www.firearrowgames.com
kensupen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: May 14, 2013, 06:38:17 PM »

The random polygons after changing floors is fixed! Yeah.
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2314 on: May 16, 2013, 10:02:01 AM »

Bashing down doors: outdated roguelike trope, or necessary addition?
Quarry
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2315 on: May 16, 2013, 10:18:49 AM »

Both

Joshua
Level 5

Be rad to one another!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2316 on: May 16, 2013, 10:35:58 AM »

I think it can add flavor. For example, I like how in Infra Arcana the player can jam a door shut to keep out the monsters. Or at least put some distance between you and them until they knock down the door.

ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: May 16, 2013, 11:07:37 AM »

Bashing down doors: outdated roguelike trope, or necessary addition?
I would be cool but maybe instead there could be two types wood and iron.  You could attack the wooden door but risk a trap or you could find a small key to open it without the trap risk.  The iron could be like the door that we have on level 7 right now.

Delver is awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                 Smiley
Seiseki
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2318 on: May 16, 2013, 11:29:25 AM »

I think doors are important because they add a surprise factor and also a choice, do I open the door and risk unleashing some terrible monster or wait until I've explored the rest of the dungeon, or just ignore it.

Iron grate doors would also be interesting, allowing you to see what's inside and decide if it's worth it.

On an almost completely unrelated note, have you thought about adding sounds to the monsters?
Would be awesome for the scare factor of hearing zombies nearby or the rattling bones of skeletons.
Both Minecraft and Terraria terrifies me when I'm down in a dark dungeon because of those damn noises.

ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: May 16, 2013, 12:15:59 PM »

I would love to have different sounds in the dungeons, it would give a great theatrical effect and also you could tell if a monster was sneaking up in you.

On another note, don't we already have iron grate doors?

Smiley
Seiseki
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2320 on: May 16, 2013, 12:23:24 PM »

On another note, don't we already have iron grate doors?

Yeah, but they always require a key, and they're in preset locations, or used to be at least.

Riflenator1234
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: May 16, 2013, 02:11:15 PM »

The idea has a lot of potential, just make it unique in some way.
Seiseki
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2322 on: May 16, 2013, 02:21:06 PM »

Add some crazy monster that has a small chance to spawn in a locked room.
Make it super tough and dangerous and people will be terrified of opening doors Evil

ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: May 16, 2013, 02:22:30 PM »

A Beholder!

Smiley
maximusprime
Manbaby

View Profile Email
« Reply #2324 on: May 16, 2013, 03:33:03 PM »

I had this amazing idea to make your game unique and interesting. The current dungeon is the an ancient building to which no one knows the origin and has remained shut for 100s of years. You are the ruler of a small town when the doors to the dungeon open spewing forth disease, darkness and chaos. Your advisers believe it marks the end of existence and the only way to stop the evil is to venture forth into the dungeon. You heroically battle your way through but inevitably die. However dungeon accepts your sacrifice and seals away the evil again only to reopen 10 years later and the task of sacrifice now rests on your heir. My idea is to have the current dungeon the starting dungeon but also the most difficult and to have a chance before venturing in the player must complete quests and lesser dungeons though out the over world to level themselves up and get the best equipment. I also think it would be a good idea to have permanent stat increases at the end of these lesser dungeons so you could say find a book that teaches you and your ancestors a forgotten combat technique improving your damage. Other ideas could be a magical potion or a shrine that gives you a blessing. I've got a story that makes sense of all of this and I could write it for you if you want but I'm afraid you'll have to wait a few weeks until I finish may exams. Other than that please tell me what you think of the idea and thanks for the great game. 
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 224
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic