Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1034125 Posts in 41707 Topics- by 33308 Members - Latest Member: Dalhan

August 19, 2014, 08:51:12 PM
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderators: Glaiel-Gamer, ThemsAllTook)Questions for Adobe Air Android Developers
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Questions for Adobe Air Android Developers  (Read 627 times)
FTLRalph
Level 0

What?

View Profile WWW Email
« on: March 03, 2012, 05:27:50 PM »

Hi everyone.

I'm developing my first Android app after having used Flash to develop five or six browser games and I have some questions about developing games for Android via Adobe Air that I'm having some trouble figuring out (even through Google searches).

1) How do you have your app display a splash screen when the game begins loading?  (I've seen examples online but all the examples are using Flash/Flex Builder and not FlashDevelop and things seem to be arranged differently in FlashDevelop.

2) For a common "Rate this App" button in the game, is it simply a hardcoded link in the actual code to a rating page or is there some kind of API functionality I'm missing?  (I can't seem to wrap my head around the exact limits of Adobe Air when it comes to developing for mobile devices / what's available and not available, etc.)

3) What is the best way to track memory usage?  I've always used that popular Stats class but I'm not sure if it's reporting back accurate memory usage stats (I'm getting 4MB, which from my experience seems low, but I'm not 100% sure).

I think I had another question or two, but I'm drawing a blank at the moment.  If you can offer any input on even just only one of the questions it's very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Franklins Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 04:44:06 AM »

1) For my first Android app, to create a splash screen I just made a separate swf with whatever image I want as the splash screen and then I used some preloader code to load the actual game swf in with all the content. Because the preloader swf has nothing in it, it shows up straight away and goes away once everything has been loaded behind it.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic