Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411419 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 17, 2024, 09:03:27 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsBootleg DemakesSoundless Mountain II [NES] FIXED LINK! (OSX / PC)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]
Print
Author Topic: Soundless Mountain II [NES] FIXED LINK! (OSX / PC)  (Read 228822 times)
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: February 16, 2009, 01:15:11 PM »

It is impossible, etc etc.

JonnyTanna
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: February 17, 2009, 09:03:11 AM »

Well from the preview version I saw on Tv, I can see it looks little more advance than a standard nes game. But maybe downgrade it a little and then make it into a nes rom?

This is good enough to sell!

Ps. I hate to ask, but how do you get this work on a mac?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 09:26:41 AM by JonnyTanna » Logged
Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: February 19, 2009, 05:36:01 AM »

Well from the preview version I saw on Tv, I can see it looks little more advance than a standard nes game. But maybe downgrade it a little and then make it into a nes rom?

This is good enough to sell!

Ps. I hate to ask, but how do you get this work on a mac?
Please stop requesting this, it's riduculous.

If someone was experienced with the NES is would take at lesat a month of work, full time, to port this to the NES. It would also look much worse, as this is going beyond what the nes can do. Then it would cost a lot of money to manufacture on the NES. It would be pointless.

twitter: @docky
izis
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 23, 2009, 09:37:14 PM »

Hi¡¡ Im a fan of nes games, and the idea of make the modern games to nes console results great for me.
this game is one of my favorites, restless dreams. altough i download the game created in BlitzMazi cant find an archive with the extension .nes for a PMP that read this kind of games. If someone knows how to convert them for .nes heres my msn
[email protected]
thanks..
JonnyTanna
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: February 24, 2009, 10:27:12 AM »

Please stop requesting this, it's riduculous.

If someone was experienced with the NES is would take at lesat a month of work, full time, to port this to the NES. It would also look much worse, as this is going beyond what the nes can do. Then it would cost a lot of money to manufacture on the NES. It would be pointless.
[/quote]

I'm not requesting it again, just making a suggestion.. anyway.. can someone tell me how the requirements to get this to work on a Mac?
increpare
« Reply #225 on: February 24, 2009, 04:33:50 PM »

can someone tell me how the requirements to get this to work on a Mac?

download the file linked to on the first post of this thread.  extract it.  then open the folder created, and double-click the file called SMIIv1-00.
JonnyTanna
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: March 09, 2009, 06:29:09 PM »

I did that, but it says you cannot open this application because it is not supported on this system.

I'm using tiger 10.4.11

If this means I have to upgrade to the latest operating system, then forget it. I downgraded intentionally.
the _man_0023
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 01, 2009, 02:41:23 AM »

how d u play d game?  Epileptic
eobet
Level 4

8-bit childhood

View Profile WWW
« Reply #228 on: September 20, 2009, 10:13:31 AM »

Hi there, I've just uploaded the Mac / PC versions of the game (both in one .zip) to my own server.  Hopefully should be nice and fast!

www.superflatgames.com/SoundlessMountainIIv1-00.zip

There is actually a version 1.1 in existence, although only on my hard drive... It has handguns and mannequins and some apartment goodness!  Hopefully I will find time later this year to get it done.

It is now later in the year... is it done? Smiley

Seriously, I wanted to resurrect this thread to ask if there was a way to play the OS X version in a window?

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: January 27, 2010, 01:46:08 PM »

I've added a gamepage on my site for this: link

I'm actually thinking of finishing this project off at some stage.  Maybe even later in the year.  Hopefully I can fix the vsync issue too...

moonmagic
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: January 27, 2010, 02:45:23 PM »

I love this.

|
Mioky
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 04, 2010, 02:49:04 PM »

I played your version 1.0 (demo?) but i was shocked it was already in the end when i went up to the appartment. I look forward when the full version will be finished. What do you think how long it will take until then?  Shocked

I love this game and i think its the best demake i every played. Kiss

And when are you going to make Soundless Mountain I, III, IV... ?  Cheesy
cosmic_cumshot
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: April 06, 2010, 10:30:33 AM »

anyone else havin' problems saving? i save but when i start up again it just says new game because theres no save file :<

take the universe when it hits you in the face and runs down your chin
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: May 30, 2011, 05:09:13 AM »

Sorry to necro the thread here guys, but I've had someone report it not working on their Windows 7 machine.  I was just wondering if anyone with W7 could try the game out to see if it works (I've had a black screen reported?)  Link's in my sig.

Cheers,

Jasper

highblaze
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 24, 2012, 04:33:38 PM »

Hello Everyone!

This is my first post on TIG, I was drawn here after reading some reviews about "Lone Survivor", Which is pretty Epic if i might say so.

Anyway on the demo site one of the post's links this forum page which lead me to discover a 2nd 8bit game "Soundless mountain 2". Instantly i was going crazy as SH2 is one of my all time favorites so thanks to "Jasper Byrne" and of course for "Sole Survivor.

What im getting at is with the likes of Journey(ps3) Fez(xbla & more) and now Sole Survivor(steam) personally i feel Indie games have reached a new level and set the bar high and with artistic design that goes into these games you cant not pay attention,    For some even just recapturing what so many of us loved and lost from are childhoods.
All im saying is support these people and spread the word......

I may get shot but SS would work on IOS & droid.... Id buy it again Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic