Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411429 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 02:55:56 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)RagePixel - Free pixelart toolkit for Unity
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: RagePixel - Free pixelart toolkit for Unity  (Read 3252 times)
keely
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 04, 2012, 03:39:35 PM »

I already posted this to "Technical", but I feel like it's relevant here too. I'm very sorry if this is against the forum rules.

VIDEO:

RagePixel is a new sprite manager for Unity. It offers tools to draw and animate pixelart inside the Unity Editor. No hassle with texture atlases and import pipelines.

Some of the main features:
  • Pen tool
  • Right-click color picking
  • Handles atlases automatically and silently
  • Animation
  • Select/copy/paste -functionality
  • Color replacing tool
  • Palette

It is now considered to be in public beta. Join the RagePixel forum and give feedback. Make me a happy panda.

Download RagePixel here:
http://ragepixel.com/download

RagePixel forums here:
http://ragepixel.com/forum
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 07:52:40 AM by keely » Logged
#AP
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 06:57:50 AM »

hey Keely,

This is pretty cool! I've been playing with it this morning.

Someting I'm running into ( Using Unity 3.5.0b6 ) when I right click outside the sprite to use the eraser, the only way I can draw again is by deselecting the sprite and then reselecting it. Trying to click the Pen Tool or any other tool and come back to the Pen Tool doesnt work unless I have udeselected the Sprite.

EDIT: Saving Palette Colors seems to be a viable workaround for this, it does allow me to  go back to drawing again.  Shrug
keely
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 07:40:46 AM »

Someting I'm running into ( Using Unity 3.5.0b6 )

Is 3.5.0b6 the latest Unity? I'm sure it has nothing to do with this bug, but I have a feeling that the latest is something like 3.5f.something. Can't check it right now.

when I right click outside the sprite to use the eraser, the only way I can draw again is by deselecting the sprite and then reselecting it. Trying to click the Pen Tool or any other tool and come back to the Pen Tool doesnt work unless I have udeselected the Sprite.

Just to make sure:

1. You right click outside the sprite to get eraser
2. You erase stuff away
3. You right click on some color to paint again
4. Y U NO PAINT

Is this what you meant?
ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 07:56:57 AM »

Sad that it's only for Unity  No No NO

#AP
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 11:48:23 AM »

1) Draw
2) Right Click outside for Eraser...erase
3) LEFT Click a color inside the HSL Box
4) Notice the OUTLINE of the box is the color...but not filled...no luck drawing after that. (Unless using one of the mentioned workarounds)

As far as Unity 3.5.0b6 being the latest one, someone will have to confirm otherwise, when I try to "Check for Updates" it tells me I have the latest version of the editor. I'm on Windows 7....
keely
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 12:32:23 PM »

1) Draw
2) Right Click outside for Eraser...erase
3) LEFT Click a color inside the HSL Box
4) Notice the OUTLINE of the box is the color...but not filled...no luck drawing after that. (Unless using one of the mentioned workarounds)

Ok now I see it. Because the eraser is actually (0,0,0,0), the alpha is set to zero in the color picker. The bottom strip from black to white is the alpha.

Maybe I should always flip alpha=1 when someone clicks the picker and its 0, since nobody going to need an zero alpha when they pick colors.

However, I got some feedback about the need of a clear eraser mode with it's own button and everything. I think that is ultimately the way to go with this.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic