Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 18, 2024, 07:20:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadGame ClubTIGS Game Club
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: TIGS Game Club  (Read 27308 times)
dustin
Level 6

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2012, 12:19:00 PM »

What is this:  In this thread we all play a game for 2 weeks and discuss it in this thread, at the end of the 2 weeks we pick a new game and start all over again.

Current Titles:

Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines - May 1st
Hydorah - May 15th

---

So looking at the backlog of shame thread it seem like a lot of us have similar games we're all trying to play in the near future. For me one of the reasons it's fun playing a game when it first comes out is there is usually a thread for it on here and I can talk/read about how other people are doing in the game, commiserate, etc.  So if we can get a game that enough people want I think it might be fun to all play through it together at roughly the same time and have a thread for it similar to how racketboy does together retro.  Would anyone else be interested in something like this?

« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 10:26:58 AM by Dragonmaw » Logged
WelcomeToAwesomeness
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 02:06:49 PM »

ok, what game should we play?
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 02:21:16 PM »

So it's like a book club for video games. Could be cool.

I'd be in. Pick a game, Dustin.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 03:14:21 PM »

DEUS EX

Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 03:36:35 PM »

Romancing or Unlimited Saga. Actually, save that for the summer, when I can get my hands on my PS2 again. But I nominate one of those two.
ink.inc
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 03:40:53 PM »

(xenogears)
Dragonmaw
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 03:41:51 PM »

Baldur's Gate 2
st33d
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 03:43:05 PM »

Baldur's Gate 2

Am I wrong for wanting an iPad version?
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 03:43:55 PM »

how about a game that isn't a 60+ hour rpg

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 03:46:46 PM »

I've got some adventure games like Starship Titanic, Curse of Monkey Island, and Syberia I've been wanting to play through. Those might be more doable in a shorter amount of time.
dustin
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 03:48:36 PM »

yeah I'd like to play a bunch of these but I think it'd work better at first if it wasn't a really long rpg.

It sounds like people are down so I'll wait for some more suggestions from people and then put up a poll with the top choices and we can all pick the first game to play.  Some things to consider...

Shorter is probably better.  More people will have time for a 20 hour game then a 60 hour one.

Multiple platforms or emulatable is good so that people can play it even if they don't have a specific console.  Since most of the games people are mentioning aren't current generation this probably isn't that big a deal since worst comes to worst you can emulate it.  Also, if it's not new it won't be super expensive to buy.

Glad to see some people would be interested
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 03:49:52 PM »

I'm getting close to finishing Saga Frontier, so I could probably do an RPG if I had a whole month to devote to it.

PS2 titles might be pushing it, though, as availability is a little irregular. I can drive 30 miles to score a copy of Romancing Saga, but for others that might be a problem.

I'd also rather play something new than a game like Deus Ex, fun as it was. That's pretty much what Dustin's goal was.

And I got a bunch of replies while I was typing this, but whatever.
ink.inc
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 03:52:04 PM »

i can emulate all the consoles (with the exception of ps3/360)
PowRTocH
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2012, 04:20:19 PM »

I am down as long as I do not spend any money (holy shit I'm poor). I'd also be down for either Deus Ex or BG2 or whatever. Someone pull the trigger on this shit.
WelcomeToAwesomeness
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2012, 06:15:59 PM »

DEUS EX
Deus ex is fine with me, as I've only played it for five minutes and it's just been sitting there in my steam queue. But honestly, anything would be good as long as it can be easily emulated/bought.
saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2012, 12:33:58 AM »

Sounds awesome. As much as y'all need to get on Deus Ex already, I'm gonna name a few that I'd like to get into the mix: Shenmue 2, King's Field (the one that was on PS2), Zone of the Enders 2, and Deadly Premonition. Pick one of these please.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2012, 02:43:35 AM »

Thinking on this overnight, I think maybe it's best to start off with a freeware indie title for the PC because it ensures everyone can participate regardless of cost, platform or ability to emulate.

Games on my "unplayed" list that fit this criteria:

Rokko Chan (Browser based) http://king-soukutu.com/flash/rokko.html
Arzea (browser based) http://jayisgames.com/games/arzea/
Treasure Adventure game http://www.robitstudios.com/treasure-adventure-game/
Hydra Labyrinth http://hkcomplex.tumblr.com/post/7507872709/hydracastlelabyrinth
Split Party http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-22/?uid=8804
Mario ROM Hacks (Normal Mario Bros, Time and Place, Super Mario Ghost and Super Mario Prank are the ones I intended to play) http://l.j-factor.com/emulation/

The Labyrinth (More of a riddle than a proper game, I am only halfway through Labyrinth 2 and haven't made more progress. Labyrinth 1 took me over a year to finish, but working with a big team it could go very fast.) http://www.thepuzzlefiles.com/

Since I haven't played any of the above, it's hard to recommend one of them but I'd certainly play one if everyone else wanted to play as well. A short game (like a browser title) might be really appropriate, since we can all play through in a week and then discuss proper-like.

If I had to recommend a game I've already played for others to play and discuss, Deadly Rooms of Death: Architect's Edition (the original) is freeware, high quality and reasonably lengthy. I would not be playing through it again (I've finished it twice) but I think others would enjoy it if they have not already. http://forum.caravelgames.com/downloads.php

I personally would be in for buying a new game to discuss if it's one I haven't played before. I'll leave it up to Dustin to make the first pick since he came up with the concept. Then I may hijack this thread and pick the second title for review to be a game I want to finish.
Jozape
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2012, 05:09:38 AM »

Baldur's Gate 2

I'd be down for Shadows of Amn.
PowRTocH
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2012, 08:59:24 AM »

Thinking on this overnight, I think maybe it's best to start off with a freeware indie title for the PC because it ensures everyone can participate regardless of cost, platform or ability to emulate.

Indie games aren't worth playing.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2012, 09:07:04 AM »

We used to have TIGS Game Night, this would be a good opportunity to resurrect that.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic