Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 07:37:39 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadGame ClubTIGS Game Club
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
Print
Author Topic: TIGS Game Club  (Read 27528 times)
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: June 22, 2012, 09:53:46 AM »

Is game club dead?! Concerned
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: June 22, 2012, 10:26:01 AM »

We ar elow on phoenix downs.

crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 22, 2012, 10:26:26 AM »

you have to believe

and pick a game that people will play
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: June 22, 2012, 10:29:05 AM »

Yeah, apparently in a game club you need to put proven games because people woudlnt dare to go outside their comfort zone I guess.

I propose International Superstar Soccer Delux for our next game.

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: June 22, 2012, 10:38:04 AM »

windows solitaire

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: June 22, 2012, 10:42:08 AM »

minesweeper

i just... had already played hydorah, so I didn't care as much about it
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 22, 2012, 02:46:20 PM »

Propose something I haven't played, and I'll join in.

Currently I'm doing the DROD flash games, Zen Bound 2, and Escape Goat. I've also got all the June Indie Royale Games, so I will play any of those.
C.D Buckmaster
Level 7

Death via video games

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 22, 2012, 05:04:02 PM »

Maybe Fallout, if enough people got it while it was free at GOG.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 22, 2012, 06:17:06 PM »

the problem is that playing a game you have to play ends up feeling like work :\

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
paste
Level 6

BARF!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: June 22, 2012, 11:40:28 PM »

Yeah, but you don't have to complete or even play any game in the club. I'll start another vote thread and if it doesn't garner support, it'll just be a smaller run I guess.

I was contemplating the idea of making your number one choice count for two votes instead of just one; what do you think?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 11:55:21 PM by paste » Logged

ink.inc
« Reply #230 on: June 23, 2012, 02:48:49 PM »

FFT is grate

ninja+arithmetician all the way
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 23, 2012, 05:13:38 PM »

I thought FFT was a terrible game. I found the story loaded with uninteresting, forgettable characters (such that by chapter three you're already forgetting which one is which), the battles are loaded with lots of boring fights with generic monsters that fail to advance the story, and the tiny size of your in-battle roster means that you're going to ditch all those generic characters you've been raising to use the fun named characters with special abilities. You have to intentionally skip TG Cid if you don't want the end game to be effortless.

Vandal Hearts 1 for the PSX is vastly superior to it in every way. Every combat is interesting and advances the story. You're never forced to leave troops behind because of a short combat roster. Hidden areas and sidequests abound if you want to find the special ending.

You should play Vandal Hearts.

The Tactics Advance games are also more fun. They offer the same mechanics, but with more clever battles and characters that are well-differentiated so you don't forget who is who.
JWK5
« Reply #232 on: June 23, 2012, 05:57:47 PM »

I say we should play Ogre Battle (not Tactics Ogre).

Very few RPGs like it have been released, about the closest are the Dragon Force games for the Sega Saturn (which do away with a lot of the formation strategy in favor of real-time mob battles) and Soul Nomad & the World Eaters (which does away with the RTS squad movement in favor of a grid-based tactical RPG setup).

The game has a great story, lots of secrets, multiple endings (good and evil branchings), etc. and it is fairly easy to locate (*cough*emulators*cough*).

paste
Level 6

BARF!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: June 24, 2012, 12:34:04 AM »

I suggest you guys make mention of these in the vote thread.

Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 24, 2012, 01:03:52 PM »

Where's the vote for 1942?
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 24, 2012, 03:01:53 PM »

Ogre Battle does look pretty interesting, but I stand by my votes. Still, if it wins I wouldn't mind the excuse to finally try and play it properly.

RS3 is an interesting choice, but it sort of works since the game is fairly non-linear even if all the characters end up fighting the same battle in the same place in the end (except for one, technically, but that'd spoil it).
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 25, 2012, 02:31:45 PM »

Since Romancing Saga 3 is getting a bunch of votes...

Which translation is the best? I'm seeing two of them on romhacking.net, but both are below version 0.4. Is there a more complete one, possibly not listed on that site? I googled for a while and found a website with a pre-patched game that looks good, but I didn't go past the character select.

Or maybe we have people try out different translations and compare notes.
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 25, 2012, 02:44:46 PM »

As far as I know, the most complete one is Magic Sword's translation; there's some spotty translations but they did at least do the whole thing, unlike the other one that's floating around.
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 25, 2012, 11:50:56 PM »

How long is Romancing Saga?

Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 26, 2012, 07:32:50 AM »

I think I played this once. I think I had to use speed up on emulator to make battles bearable, and I think it was kinda shitty? iirc you had to grind a ton, the battles took forever, and everything about it was really weird.

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic