Sorry for the late response, it's been a busy week. But, here we go! (I'm not that good at giving feedback so I apologize in advance for that.)Final Stages of Decay
- I closed my eyes and honestly felt like I was on a rollercoaster to hell and by the end I was convinced that I had made it there. This approach was very unexpected. Only one instrument and it works. Superb job with varying dynamics. Good job with the dramatic ending as well. The only thing that bugs me is the production and the way the acoustic sounds. This is just nit-picky and personal though. Overall a good representation of what I was looking for!Laudanum
- I like the overall build and progression of your main melody. Interesting instrumentation and good changes in drum patterns. I was hoping for a little more in the dynamics department. The introduction of the heavy guitars is a little jarring - perhaps some sort of short, exaggerated build would have made it gel? I also thought your main melody got buried with the introduction of the strings(just a nitpick).Forgive Me Darling
- Little Selena Gomez remix , eh? Interesting choice. I enjoyed jamming out to this song. I'm not quite sure it was what I was looking for, as I found the dynamics a little flat and there wasn't much emotion, but good work on the song nonetheless. I danced.Culmination Of The Beginning
- Welcome to TIGS! Nice ambient piece. I really loved the synth sound you introduced around 1:46. Good tension. You do have the slow pulsing dynamics from the piano, but not much anywhere else.Harborland Phoenix
- Welcome to TIGS and enjoy your stay! Glad to see we're attracting newcomers. I have to say this is excellent! You put a lot of effort into this. The provided visual aid was a great addition but, the piece itself was enough for me to close my eyes and imagine the ride! The combination of orchestral and drum loops/fx sorta remind me of David Bergeaud's work for Ratchet & Clank. I like many things about this piece, and I'm sorry that I can't find one thing to nitpick...Going Up Coming Down
- Jeez, I'm a sucker for orchestral pieces... Good composition here! This is a really good representation of the emotions I was looking for! I would have loved to hear where you would have taken it if given more time. It's a bit of a teaser.Coaster
- Immediately I'm reminded of F-Zero! Very cool instrumentation and synth work. It's got tension and excitement, with a slight hint of danger. Dynamically, the song is straightforward. Looking for a little bit more there. But now I have the urge to go play F-Zero. Nice slap bass ending!
, but you've missed the deadline so you aren't qualified for this round. I'm also not getting much of a rollercoaster feel with this piece. Nice song either way.
And the winner of The TIGSource Musical Challenge IV is... RobMcDonald's Harborland Phoenix
!!!! Great work, and I hope to see you around here more often! Especially since now you are the host for our next challenge.
Everyone did a wonderful job and I thoroughly enjoyed listening to each entry. Thanks for playing! Let's keep this up guys!