Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 09:59:59 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioThe TIGSource Musical Challenge IV (March 15-March 26) *WINNER ANNOUNCED!!*
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: The TIGSource Musical Challenge IV (March 15-March 26) *WINNER ANNOUNCED!!*  (Read 4074 times)
RobMcDonald
Level 0

I hear things

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2012, 07:54:39 AM »

Hi guys,

First time poster here.  I was led to you by reading up on the University of Maryland Gamers Orchestra, and then OCRemix.  Looks like a great community you've got here!

Here's my entry for Challenge IV.  Awesome topic, it really made me think!

http://soundcloud.com/robert-mcdonald/harborland-phoenix

www.rdmmusic.com

JudahRoydes
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2012, 08:42:51 AM »

HAHA I made it. This was all done last minute so it is very short.

http://soundcloud.com/judahroydes/going-up-coming-down

I was thinking of a free fall style ride. A tense way up and a very fast and scary down. And of course the relief of surviving.

Sam English
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2012, 11:48:25 AM »

Make sure to get your entries in by the end of today. I'll try my best to provide feedback and announce the winner by tomorrow or Wednesday.
medieval
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2012, 11:54:24 AM »

I can't wait  Epileptic
Aamp
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2012, 08:27:14 PM »

11:25 pm Central time!  http://soundcloud.com/pcmx/coaster

junx
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2012, 01:06:31 AM »

Im a little late but i thought it drop this here. Just completed it for the game 'TownSeed' You can check us out on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/CityLightsmusic http://youtu.be/fL0Oq8WJp00?hd=1 I know its over 2:30 by 30seconds, i was going to cut it down but I have missed the deadline eather way so i thought id just post incase anyone was interested.

Game Currently in Development www.facebook.com/tedtheundeadofficial
Check out my music www.facebook.com/citylightsmusic
Sam English
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2012, 12:14:45 PM »

Sorry for the late response, it's been a busy week. But, here we go! (I'm not that good at giving feedback so I apologize in advance for that.)

Final Stages of Decay by Yoshimitsu - I closed my eyes and honestly felt like I was on a rollercoaster to hell and by the end I was convinced that I had made it there. This approach was very unexpected. Only one instrument and it works. Superb job with varying dynamics. Good job with the dramatic ending as well. The only thing that bugs me is the production and the way the acoustic sounds. This is just nit-picky and personal though. Overall a good representation of what I was looking for!

Laudanum by somnia - I like the overall build and progression of your main melody. Interesting instrumentation and good changes in drum patterns. I was hoping for a little more in the dynamics department. The introduction of the heavy guitars is a little jarring - perhaps some sort of short, exaggerated build would have made it gel? I also thought your main melody got buried with the introduction of the strings(just a nitpick).

Forgive Me Darling by tipp - Little Selena Gomez remix , eh? Interesting choice. I enjoyed jamming out to this song. I'm not quite sure it was what I was looking for, as I found the dynamics a little flat and there wasn't much emotion, but good work on the song nonetheless. I danced.

Culmination Of The Beginning by Eigen - Welcome to TIGS! Nice ambient piece. I really loved the synth sound you introduced around 1:46. Good tension. You do have the slow pulsing dynamics from the piano, but not much anywhere else.

Harborland Phoenix by RobMcDonald - Welcome to TIGS and enjoy your stay! Glad to see we're attracting newcomers. I have to say this is excellent! You put a lot of effort into this. The provided visual aid was a great addition but, the piece itself was enough for me to close my eyes and imagine the ride! The combination of orchestral and drum loops/fx sorta remind me of David Bergeaud's work for Ratchet & Clank. I like many things about this piece, and I'm sorry that I can't find one thing to nitpick...

Going Up Coming Down by JudahRoydes - Jeez, I'm a sucker for orchestral pieces... Good composition here! This is a really good representation of the emotions I was looking for! I would have loved to hear where you would have taken it if given more time. It's a bit of a teaser.

Coaster by Pcmx - Immediately I'm reminded of F-Zero! Very cool instrumentation and synth work. It's got tension and excitement, with a slight hint of danger. Dynamically, the song is straightforward. Looking for a little bit more there. But now I have the urge to go play F-Zero.  Nice slap bass ending!

Sorry, junx, but you've missed the deadline so you aren't qualified for this round. I'm also not getting much of a rollercoaster feel with this piece. Nice song either way.

And the winner of The TIGSource Musical Challenge IV is...  

RobMcDonald's Harborland Phoenix!!!! Great work, and I hope to see you around here more often! Especially since now you are the host for our next challenge.

Everyone did a wonderful job and I thoroughly enjoyed listening to each entry. Thanks for playing! Let's keep this up guys!
RobMcDonald
Level 0

I hear things

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2012, 02:36:19 PM »

Sweet!

Sam, thanks so much.  This challenge had a pretty tough concept, which was a blast to figure out.  Really enjoyed everyone else's entries too - I'm in great company!

I've gotta couple ideas for Challenge V..  I'll try to hash out what it should be quickly, so folks can get started during the weekend.

Really glad I found you guys, and these challenges.  Lookin forward to many more!

-Robbie

Aamp
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2012, 03:59:41 PM »

Ah crap!  I mean, hey Rob, congratulations Grin Seriously though, I think this was an exciting turnout which yielded a great group of composers and tracks and I really enjoyed the challenge as well as hearing what others made under the same guidelines and interest.  Thank you Sam for your reviews and kindness throughout the challenge; extending the deadline was nice.  Again, Rob, congrats on the win!  Now I'm eager to see what you come up with for challenge 5!

medieval
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2012, 02:01:33 AM »

Congrats Rob! I eagerly await the next challenge.
somnia
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2012, 02:55:02 PM »

Congratulations Rob, and thanks for the feedback Sam!  Smiley

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic