Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 02:40:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsProject Rain World
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 367
Print
Author Topic: Project Rain World  (Read 1446934 times)
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4560 on: August 27, 2015, 04:37:35 PM »

Thank you based oldblood!

Anyway, I'm off to PAX Prime for the next few days, to interact with the masses! If you happen to be there too, I'll have the newest build [150826-b] to play over at the adult swim games booth so stop by and say hi Gentleman

Joar is going to keep on trucking here, so I expect to have like 5 new pages of devlog to read when I get back  Cheesy

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4561 on: August 27, 2015, 04:57:57 PM »

Anyway, I'm off to PAX Prime for the next few days, to interact with the masses! If you happen to be there too, I'll have the newest build [150826-b] to play over at the adult swim games booth so stop by and say hi Gentleman

Joar is going to keep on trucking here, so I expect to have like 5 new pages of devlog to read when I get back  Cheesy
Have fun! Hope we get some more PAX Prime footage or interviews

Any chance of a PAX Prime trailer?

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4562 on: August 28, 2015, 01:23:09 PM »

Not going to quote James's megapost, but I'm interested in seeing what you end up with in that regard based on what you've said and the ideas and plans you've conveyed, then! c:

Juskelis
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4563 on: August 28, 2015, 04:51:03 PM »

I saw you earlier today! You led me to my death on the last level Tongue

10/10 would follow dev to my death again Beer!

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4564 on: August 30, 2015, 03:36:34 AM »

Any new footage/coverage from PAX Prime?

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
owendeery
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4565 on: August 30, 2015, 08:14:18 AM »

I'm exhibiting in the ASG booth too, and every chance I can I'm playing the Rain World demo. It's sooooo gooooood.  Waaagh!

benhosac.art
Level 0

'Will manifest demons for coin.'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4566 on: August 30, 2015, 10:23:11 PM »

I'm attending Pax and got a chance to play the game.  It's really good. Gator slugs are freakin' me out.

Edit: as expected James is a super nice guy. Nice chatting yo.

Ben Hosac
2D & 3D multi-disciplinary game artist looking for new opportunities!
portfolio | www.benhosac.art
ink & sketches | https://www.instagram.com/benhosac.art
Email me | [email protected]
Crispy75
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4567 on: August 31, 2015, 02:44:31 AM »

Any new footage/coverage from PAX Prime?

This guy came away impressed: http://www.dorkadia.com/2015/08/29/pax-prime-2015-indie-highlights-day-2/

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4568 on: August 31, 2015, 02:49:52 AM »

I'm attending Pax and got a chance to play the game.  It's really good. Gator slugs are freakin' me out.

Edit: as expected James is a super nice guy. Nice chatting yo.
Gator slugs/"swamp worms"? Have we seen those yet?

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4569 on: August 31, 2015, 03:14:35 AM »

... Took me a few moments to understand you actually meant alligators and not gamergaters.

Teod
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4570 on: August 31, 2015, 03:17:09 AM »

I'm pretty sure it's lizards and garbage worms.
Also, they still use that old-ass trailer to present the game. SEO needs a lot of work.
Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4571 on: August 31, 2015, 05:34:19 AM »

I'm pretty sure it's lizards and garbage worms.
Also, they still use that old-ass trailer to present the game. SEO needs a lot of work.
That's...odd. Why not use the

? That has music and sound effects and shows off the rain

JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4572 on: August 31, 2015, 07:09:35 AM »

So happy people are enjoying the game  Grin

@prinsessa, The game has creepy elements, but we don't want to go all out horror!

@Teod, Yup, we're totally aware of the promo material situation! It's just that it's just the two of us, and we're all caught up in making content atm. When we finish the map up (soon) we'll probably need to get a grip and make an effort in those areas.

Update 467

Tube worms!

(Sorry about the gif artifacts!)

These guys shoot a mucus rubber slime tongue thing at a wall or a pole, tube along it, retract it, and shoot it somewhere else. Sometimes they hit a creature passing by, or each other - it can end up a pretty tangled mess.

If you catch a creature with it and then release it, it will continue to dangle from the creature but try to attach to terrain with the other end. This means it can be used to restrain creatures - In two player mode with my cousin we've had a lot of fun trying to tie down a vulture with a bunch of these, as well as creating horrible tangled messes with for example a vulture, a lizard, three worms and the other player in a katamari ball of despair.
marcgfx
Level 8

if you don't comment, who will?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4573 on: August 31, 2015, 07:20:31 AM »

love the tubeworms, can they be forced to shoot from both sides? the crazy ideas you guy come up with always amaze me Smiley

fylth
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4574 on: September 01, 2015, 04:43:23 AM »

Wow, those tubeworms look amazing! Any chance you'd have a gif of a lizard or buzzard being wrapped up? For science, you understand
tortoiseandcrow
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #4575 on: September 01, 2015, 09:17:53 AM »

I'm super delighted by these tube worms. I love the way they look like they are rotating along like some bizarre fleshy toroid. The solidity of the tongue/mucus strand is really pleasing as well.
Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4576 on: September 01, 2015, 09:32:15 AM »

I'm super delighted by these tube worms. I love the way they look like they are rotating along like some bizarre fleshy toroid. The solidity of the tongue/mucus strand is really pleasing as well.
Yeah, I love how it looks like a thick fleshy muscle rather than a strand.

JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4577 on: September 01, 2015, 11:13:56 AM »

For science!

Update 468

Next creature coming along! This time it's turn for "daddy long legs", a huge spider monster with thin tentacle legs.

Currently working on locomotion, trying to get the legs right and have the thing feel weighty as it moves. I want to make it so that the legs are at their strongest when they pull, so that the body is basically suspended between the legs, and it has to get legs in front of it in order to move forward.

The generic tentacle class is coming in handy yet another time! This time I'm rolling a hybrid between the old tentacle code and the new rope physics developed for the tube worm - the tentacle behavior is similar to the vulture, but the rope physics engine is used to connect the segments of the legs making them a bit more solid when it comes to terrain interaction. These very long legs were sort of unforgiving visually as you'd see any movement through terrain clearly, but this combination of methods seems to be something I think I can make look good.
Osteel
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #4578 on: September 01, 2015, 11:32:15 AM »

Uggggh spiders. This is going to be so awesome and creepy. Can you make it super hairy?
Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4579 on: September 01, 2015, 11:37:47 AM »

Joar, between raindeer and this thing, you're going to give a lot of people nightmares. Keep it up!

Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 367
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic