Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 19, 2024, 01:35:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadGame ClubTIGS Game Club: La Mulana
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Author Topic: TIGS Game Club: La Mulana  (Read 19093 times)
paste
Level 6

BARF!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2012, 01:43:12 AM »

Alright, I figured out what to do with the pepper, so now I can at least get to where that very fast moving platform is.

As for #1, I hope it's not referring to that room in tower of ruin where there are letters and you have to spell out MU because I already did that.

As for #2, I already knew about that picture you linked, and I made the connection that I'll have to use the twin statue in that area where the ladders lead to different places from where they came. I just don't know where to find that item. I'm guessing it had something to do with a clue that said The imprisoned twins. The man that runs faster than anyone will free them. I already have the boots, but I've only found them useful in area 3, and I haven't found the spot where I needed them to solve this puzzle.  Shrug

leonelc29
« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2012, 07:55:53 AM »

i'm already stuck...like...2 days.

1)can't find a way to illuminate the dark area.
2)can't win the 4th boss battle

basically just can't find any clue to advance the game anymore *head-slam table*
maybe gonna use walkthrough tomorrow Durr...?
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: April 07, 2012, 08:21:50 AM »

I too, got the green ball and had already found the Angel path, and was wondering "wtf now?" I am assuming you guys mean that room below the one you get the grail in, right?

Either way, my MSX console took a crap on me, so I'm gonna have to grind some coin to get it functional again. Sad

By "MSX Console," I mean my actual PC, and by coin, I mean the kind outside of the game. a.a

iffi
« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2012, 10:44:53 AM »

Alright, I figured out what to do with the pepper, so now I can at least get to where that very fast moving platform is.

As for #1, I hope it's not referring to that room in tower of ruin where there are letters and you have to spell out MU because I already did that.

As for #2, I already knew about that picture you linked, and I made the connection that I'll have to use the twin statue in that area where the ladders lead to different places from where they came. I just don't know where to find that item. I'm guessing it had something to do with a clue that said The imprisoned twins. The man that runs faster than anyone will free them. I already have the boots, but I've only found them useful in area 3, and I haven't found the spot where I needed them to solve this puzzle.  Shrug
1) I think it is referring to that, or at least that's the only thing I found by Googling the phrase, and I personally can't remember anything else it could be referring to.

2) I just looked up the location of the twin statue, and I can assure you it has nothing to do with the boots. There is somewhere where you seem to need to "run faster than anyone," but the boots aren't going to help you with the solution there. Given what you have currently, you can't have possibly seen the area with the twin statue yet.
PaleFox
« Reply #84 on: April 07, 2012, 10:52:09 AM »

That is indeed what the "name that is not" refers to. There's another sign that tells you what that means, and that the name that is not is MU. You could probably figure it out just from the second one, but that's why it says that.
Terrorbuns
Level 4

Bluh bluh.

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2012, 02:59:31 PM »

Hey can someone point me in the direction of the Helmet, like what area I can find it in? That would be incredibly helpful and appreciated  Concerned
iffi
« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2012, 03:18:34 PM »

Hey can someone point me in the direction of the Helmet, like what area I can find it in? That would be incredibly helpful and appreciated  Concerned
You have to buy it in a shop.
leonelc29
« Reply #87 on: April 08, 2012, 08:14:18 PM »

finally able to enjoy a bit more of this game after finding out there's a [spoiler]breakable wall[/spoiler] in tower of ruin. i skip around the area a lot if i can't solve puzzle.

anyway, what's that "key" that the "Blue flying one" hold? and which "flood gate" it refer to?(referring at the 1st glyph you see in spring tower)

You have to buy it in a shop.
second hint: area with crawling green lizard
iffi
« Reply #88 on: April 08, 2012, 09:13:29 PM »

anyway, what's that "key" that the "Blue flying one" hold? and which "flood gate" it refer to?(referring at the 1st glyph you see in spring tower)
It's referring to the Ankh for the field. And the "flood gate" is something you won't see until after finding the "Blue flying one", but it'll probably be apparent once you do see it. (You'll know it when you see the "Blue flying one" too.)
leonelc29
« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2012, 09:32:28 PM »

ain't the "blue flying one" refering to the blue fairy? if that the clue to the ankh, then i probably need to just ignore that.
paste
Level 6

BARF!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: April 09, 2012, 02:16:04 AM »

ain't the "blue flying one" refering to the blue fairy? if that the clue to the ankh, then i probably need to just ignore that.

No. "Flying" is slightly misleading though because it is actually in stationary flight.

iffi
« Reply #91 on: April 09, 2012, 02:46:43 AM »

You'll know it when you see it. Make note of the picture on the tablet.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 09, 2012, 03:13:35 AM »

?                                      .

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
iffi
« Reply #93 on: April 09, 2012, 03:17:54 PM »

?                                      .
                    . The "         " may                                              , so make sure you             the "             ."
Dragonmaw
« Reply #94 on: April 09, 2012, 06:37:42 PM »

Jokes!
paste
Level 6

BARF!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: April 10, 2012, 08:25:14 AM »

why you don't you all go fix      yourselves a nice sandwich?

Also, yay, I finally got the twin statue!

baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: April 16, 2012, 08:17:58 AM »

And back in business. Somewhat. Computer's power jack is inconsistent, but still functional. Will return to this after a nice nap.

paste
Level 6

BARF!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2012, 04:00:58 AM »

Woo, finally beat it! After I got about 2/3rds of the way through, things were getting too ridiculous to do on their own, but I still only used the wiki sparingly at that point. The game is very long and deceptively so. I think my time came in at about 31 hours, and I'm not sure that includes the times that I died and restarted. I really love the puzzle aspect of the game, although if I were to do it, they wouldn't be quite so cryptic or incomplete. I found that some puzzles you had to solve using some experimentation which seems to go against the nature of the game, which is that you should stop and think before doing things. All in all, a very good experience, though.

leonelc29
« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2012, 04:29:33 AM »

I really love the puzzle aspect of the game, although if I were to do it, they wouldn't be quite so cryptic or incomplete. I found that some puzzles you had to solve using some experimentation which seems to go against the nature of the game, which is that you should stop and think before doing things.
yeah, have to agree with that. some puzzle like the mace puzzle and body armor really break the fun of figure out the puzzle using your intelligence. you simple have to try every thing or try to search for breakable wall to found some item, even it mean you have to attack at random wall in every map of every area.

anyway, i give up the game because of tiamat.
iffi
« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2012, 12:29:59 PM »

anyway, i give up the game because of tiamat.

to make you feel ashamed of yourself. (Note the vitality bar)

I agree that some of the puzzles are overly cryptic and make me think "how is anyone supposed to get this on their own?" But for the most part it's alright, and at least none of the puzzles in the main game approach the incomprehensibility of the sequence to unlock Hell Temple. I heard the Wiiware remake improves on this a bit, but I have yet to see for myself since it still hasn't been released outside of Japan yet, and I don't even have a Wii. (It supposedly will be eventually released for PC though)

It amazes me how much there is in La-Mulana and how there are so many distinct-feeling fields. I still think the "front/back" thing is brilliant.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic