Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 03:56:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogslittle Dragon 3D [RELEASED] $0.99 on GooglePlay & iTunes
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Author Topic: little Dragon 3D [RELEASED] $0.99 on GooglePlay & iTunes  (Read 13628 times)
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: March 28, 2012, 03:53:20 AM »

LITTLEDRAGON 3D LAUNCHED ON ANDOIRD AND IPHONE!

Finally I've got the game uploaded and ready to download on both the android and iPhone market places!

The respective links are here;
GooglePlay: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.FlyleapStudios.littleDragon&hl=en

and here;
iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/little-dragon-3d/id539426180?mt=8

Trailer is here;

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1542202/ld_trailer_youtube.jpg[/img]]http://youtu.be/WWi_gTomX9g

ORIGINAL POST:

Hi forum,
Despite being angry that I wasted 400 dollars on a unity3d iOS licence that I could have got for free I was inspired this week by getting the android license of unity3d for free!

Since I have an android phone I wanted to try and make a game really quickly to put on said phone.

THE GAME:
My game design is pretty much 'Helicopter' where the player flies through an endless tunnel trying not to hit stuff by raising and lowering, the difference is that it's in 3D and also involves gliding physics

I'm starting this devlog because, I've tried making small games on my own before but always lose hope and trash them towards the end,
So I want some encouragement as well as any feedback that you might have to make the game more fun

Here is the first build (prototype) for playing;

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1542202/LittleDragon_Builds/1/WebPlayer/WebPlayer.html

CONTROLS:

Click with mouse in the bottom left of the screen (pretend there is a virtual thumb-stick there) - Pitch/Yaw
W - Flap wings
S - Close wings (increases fall rate and other things)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 04:39:25 AM by Jackson31 » Logged

fentlewoodlewix
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 06:30:04 AM »

Hi!

Putting up a build straight away is awesome, i wish i had your guts. Keep doing it! Its really interesting to see the evolution of games through snapshot builds.

If i might be so bold to make a suggestion, I know you plan to taget touchscreens, but given this is an online build perhaps use the horizontal and vertical axis for control? Its very simple in unity & using the mouse in this way is doing you no favours.)

Awesome title "Little Dragon" it was that alone that attracted me to this thread! I cant wait to see it with graphics attached.

share & enjoy

sean
Detocroix
Level 0

Level 1 Steamknight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 09:01:47 AM »

Hi forum,
Despite being angry that I wasted 400 dollars on a unity3d iOS licence that I could have got for free.

Did you send mail to their [email protected] (I believe) about this? They could have (and still might!) refund you, they did for my friend who bought it like day before... Smiley
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 04:26:16 PM »

Hi forum,
Despite being angry that I wasted 400 dollars on a unity3d iOS licence that I could have got for free.

Did you send mail to their [email protected] (I believe) about this? They could have (and still might!) refund you, they did for my friend who bought it like day before... Smiley

Thanks for the tip, i too bought the licence quite recently, I've sent them an email, I'll tell you how that goes if i get a response.

here's the concept of the character model,

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 06:01:39 PM »

Like the character concept and tried the prototype build but kept going through the walls and just falling forever. Looking forward to seeing your progress in this.

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 07:01:44 PM »

Like the character concept and tried the prototype build but kept going through the walls and just falling forever. Looking forward to seeing your progress in this.

Thanks, yeah, I've adjusted the code a bit now so that it's easier to stay up in the air, and I still need to work out how I'm going to handle colliding with the obstacles, at the moment you can't die

on another note;

I've also started on the meshes for the world / obstacles, I'l import them for the next build before I start texturing them

Hima
Level 4

OM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 07:48:46 PM »

It's still very hard to control and I keep falling into the oblivion  Sad
Hope you can change from mouse click on the invisible thumb stick to a keyboard control soon!

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 07:13:52 PM »

Here's build numbero dose with all the untextured meshes imported roughly

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1542202/LittleDragon_Builds/2/WebPlayer/WebPlayer.html

I mapped the on screen thumb-stick to the arrow keys so hopefuly that makes it easier to try out, still no dying/colliding yet though, you need to use your imagination a bit  Tongue

CONTROLS:
Arrow Keys - Yaw and Pitch
W - Flap wings
S - Close wings
O - Spawn a random obstacle in front of you (for debugging)

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2012, 07:27:02 PM »

Alot easier to control now and it's starting to look nice  Smiley

Moczan
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 02:50:01 AM »

But Wing clapping breaks after using S Wink
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 04:53:25 AM »

Thanks for the tip, i too bought the licence quite recently, I've sent them an email, I'll tell you how that goes if i get a response.

I just got a reply, they invited me to buy another $3000 of their products at a slight discount, thanks unity...

But Wing clapping breaks after using S Wink
Actually it's because you have a limited number of flaps, I'm planning on having a flap-stamina eventually that regenerates, but in the current build you get about 30 flaps then just fall  Embarrassed

fentlewoodlewix
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2012, 05:06:04 AM »

I mapped the on screen thumb-stick to the arrow keys so hopefuly that makes it easier to try out, still no dying/colliding yet though, you need to use your imagination a bit  Tongue

CONTROLS:
Arrow Keys - Yaw and Pitch
W - Flap wings
S - Close wings
O - Spawn a random obstacle in front of you (for debugging)

no problem using the imagination for collision.
this is much easier to steer now!
i love your cute sketch of the dragon character.

sean
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2012, 05:50:47 PM »

small update on my progress, working on texturing all the meshes, I've finished the dragon and the checkpoint,

I'll upload a new build soon showing the basic colours (lighting?) implemented

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2012, 06:55:26 PM »

erry day i'm texturin'

Ashkin
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2012, 07:08:36 PM »

I love this.
Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2012, 08:27:39 PM »

The anime look of it is so cool. Love that artstyle.

Keep it going  Durr...?

oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2012, 10:26:01 PM »

This is currently the thread with the cutest dragon.

It's too bad that's not an award.  It should be.
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2012, 08:09:26 PM »

Thanks for the encouraging words guys, it really helps me keep going on this,

Here's a new playable build with the first run at the textures in, also I added a shadow to try and give a better feel for how high you are flying

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1542202/LittleDragon_Builds/4/WebPlayer/WebPlayer.html

Next build I'll have basic collisions in and hopefully other cool stuff, I've been putting the coding aside for a while as I work on animations

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2012, 10:57:51 PM »

Games really coming together nicely. The new textures are starting to make it feel more like a game and it's easy to see how it'll be a fun cute looking game when done.

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2012, 08:08:57 PM »

I got basic collisions coded in, it makes the game a lot more challenging  Crazy
And just to do something random and fun I thought I'd try adding in nyan cat / rainbowdash trails

probably wont have the trail colored like this in the final game, it's far too distracting.

I ended up using a skeletal mesh that has the bones being moved by code, rather than generating and deleting polygons dynamically.
Hopefully this will run better (or at least work) on the android, I'm fairly sure dynamic trails or cloth simulating wouldn't work at all (but I haven't tested that)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic