So I've been doing more work on my dual-project entitled "Power of Love" lately,
and my workflow generally consists of popping on a cool soundtrack while I'm coding or creating assets, and nothing really sets the mood like that driving music. And there's a glut of awesome composers here looking for something fun to work on, so why not put it out there?
Stages have been revised a little bit - and that is particularly why I was holding off on this step - but here goes...
The platformer-perspective version of the title takes it's influences from Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, and Castlevania (combat-wise); where the overhead-perspective version plays more like The Legend of Zelda (but with running) and Dark Souls. As for the environments (and main influences):
00. Title Screen (quick and catchy, like Sonic & Knuckles or MegaMan 3)
01. Happy Birthday! (in town/short chapter)
02. Town Gets Attacked!
03. Grassy Hills (Green Hill?)
(optional tutorial level, forked off to the left on it's own, loops back out)
04. New Urban City (Speed Highway/City Escape, MM7 and MMX intro levels, CutMan?)
05. Arabian Midnight Rave (Sandopolis/Pharaoh Man, but something more drum'n'bassy)
06. Carnival Casino (Carnival Night/Casino Night; SpringMan/ClownMan)
07. Winding Wilderness (Mushroom Hill/WoodMan? Something jungly)
08. Industrial Revolution (Scrap Brain/Metropolis/MetalMan)
09. Frozen Ruins (Aquatic Ruin/Ice Cap, Armored Armadillo/Cold Man/Ice Man/Freeze Man)
10. Ocean Palace (admittedly, more like the Chrono Trigger one)
11. Subterranian Sea (Seaside Hill/Mystic Cave, SplashWoman/BubbleMan/CentaurMan?)
12. Chemical Sewer (Chemical Plant/Hydrocity Zones, ShadowMan)
13. Magma Kingdom (Lava Reef, Flame Stag/Blaze Heatnix, KnightMan? Zelda II Palace?)
14. Floating Island (Angel Island, GyroMan/CloudMan)
15. Steampunk Pirate Airship (Flying Battery/Rooftop Run, TenguMan/PirateMan)
16. Alien* "Starship Roppongi" (Death Egg S&K/Wacky Workbench, GravityMan/StarMan)
17. SkyWorld Sanctuary (Sky Santcuary, AirMan)
18. Inverted Castlevania (very ShadeMan, Castlevania clearly... hard to equate a Sonic here)
19. Temple of Judgement (Hidden Palace, Robot Museum(s))
20. Happy Ending?
21. World of Ruin (Zelda LttP Dark World? Sonic CD "Bad Future" tracks?)
22. Tragedy Ending?
23. Racing through World of Ruin (DKC Hot Pursuit/Screech's Sprint/Rambi Rumble p2?)
24. Scorned Love (battle against "Love")
-And finally, the most important part of every good soundtrack...-26. The Shuffle-Mixed Credits Medley!! HUZZAH!* "Alien" here secretly refers to aliens from another country, not outer space. Spoiler alert. It's still like a flying saucer though, imagine that.
If you'd rather contribute a track or two than the whole thing, it's all gravy; but yeah. Might as well see where this goes. TBH, I'm obviously a little more biased towards the Sonic/MM influences.