Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411476 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58424 Members - Latest Member: FlyingFreeStudios

April 23, 2024, 04:39:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsIndie Action
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16
Print
Author Topic: Indie Action  (Read 53237 times)
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 19, 2013, 08:14:14 PM »

I was gonna ask if Karoshi's set would be kinda like Pichu's, where he damages himself with his own powerful moves, but then I figured nah, this isn't really the place to discuss indie character fighting metagaming. Also that doesn't seem to fit with the fighting system you have set up.
I'm a little worried about Quote, though. Nicalis wouldn't let Indie Brawl use him, and they asked permission first. God only knows how that company would react if they found out about this.

That aside, here's hoping for a Space Funeral shout out.
Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 19, 2013, 09:24:25 PM »

I was gonna ask if Karoshi's set would be kinda like Pichu's, where he damages himself with his own powerful moves, but then I figured nah, this isn't really the place to discuss indie character fighting metagaming. Also that doesn't seem to fit with the fighting system you have set up.
I'm a little worried about Quote, though. Nicalis wouldn't let Indie Brawl use him, and they asked permission first. God only knows how that company would react if they found out about this.

That aside, here's hoping for a Space Funeral shout out.

Well, I've actually thought about giving karoshi the ability to damage himself. There are no strict rules to this game. Maybe I'll make his attacks high damaging.

I ain't scared of Nicalis! I ain't scared of nobody! If Nicalis has a problem with me using quote I'll keep him in the game any damn way! They can't do anything legal against parody, and plus the game free! ...haha but seriously if they have a problem with me using quote I'll take him out of the game. If they're that retarded about fan-work, then obviously using their IP isn't worth my time...

I looked at some vids on 'space funeral' something about reminds me of 'Yume Niki', in that it's a creepy rpg type dealio...interesting

Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #282 on: February 21, 2013, 06:13:32 PM »

I have a problem with this game not being out yet.  Big Laff

Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 22, 2013, 09:08:39 AM »

I have a problem with this game not being out yet.  Big Laff

I think you meant to post that here:

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?board=29.0

I've been working on this project when ever I have the time. I hear you though.

Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 10, 2013, 07:47:58 AM »

More attacks

I've been going back and giving characters more attacks. For example Iji now has the pulse cannon, and quote can throw the sword. Attacks like these are done by pressing a directional button while you're performing a standard combo (z z z when stationary). I wanted the characters to feel more solid.

I've started to take my time, because I don't want this game to be a complete piece of shit.

Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #285 on: March 10, 2013, 11:30:19 AM »

I've started to take my time, because I don't want this game to be a complete piece of shit.

Grin

Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 13, 2013, 10:09:00 AM »

CLONES

Clones are characters that are roughly similar to another in move set, and look. some examples would include Ken, Akuma, Dan, Sean etc... from street fighter, and pretty much all of the ninjas from mortal combat.

Xoda Clones:

Jill (Mighty Jill Off by Auntie Pixelante) is almost identical to Xoda, while D.Lori is almost and entire new character, I used Xoda as base obviously.

Quote Clones:
I said I'd include 2 Quotes as a Fuck You to nicalise, or nicolas or what ever the fuck it's called. The Kid from "I want to be the guy" was pretty simple to make also

« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 10:19:40 AM by Garlicguy » Logged

Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #287 on: June 14, 2013, 06:23:46 PM »

What news sir?! :D

Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 14, 2013, 08:27:18 PM »

Been doing a bit of work here and there, mostly engine stuff. nothing big yet so I haven't posted in a while.

Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #289 on: March 15, 2014, 06:31:54 PM »

I'mma bump this thread! :D

Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 21, 2014, 10:21:04 AM »

So after my laptop dying, and 5 months of army training I've decided to get back to this project.

I've changed 2 things about the game.

1) Got rid of the zooming (makes the sprites their actual size, makes stage design more visible)

2) Outside Room Wrapping (no more worry about pitfalls, it can also be tricky now that attacks wrap, adds an extra bit to the depth of gameplay)

Characters and stuff:

It's still Iji, Quote, Dishwasher, Barkley, Xoda, Naija, Kaltos, and Seikleja. which makes a fair total of 8, but I'd like to add a few more.

I've got 4 slots I want to fill. The characters I've chosen are arranged by popularity from Quote(who's probably still the most well known) to Kaltos(who's argubly the most obscure of the bunch), but I don't care about popularity.

Character 9 will be 'Abra', from 'Golden Nights', which isn't fully completed, but close enough. I wanted to add another non pc character, who's developer allows me to use the IP, other than, Dishwasher.

Character 10 will be 'The Batter' from 'OFF', mainly because he's kind of obscure, and I've always wanted to add a monochrome baseball player to the game.

Character 11 should be 'Ripple Dot Zero' from the game of the same name. Like quote I'm not sure if there will be butt hurt over using the IP.

Character  12 is either going to be 'Princess Pitch', 'Viola' from 'The Witches House', or 'Madotsuki' from 'Yume Niki'. Not sure which to use yet, they're all slightly similar puny yet powerful child characters.

Stages and Stuff:

By taking away the zoom, stages are easier to make. I plan on going back to stage hazards, now that the player can see everything that's going on. 1 stage per character if all goes well.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 10:27:16 AM by Garlicguy » Logged

Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #291 on: March 23, 2014, 10:18:29 PM »

All of these changes sound great! :D

Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 05, 2014, 01:02:38 AM »

Finished Madotsuki

All moves sprited, working, and the AI knows how to use them correctly. Her faceless ghost attack is a slam dunk like Barkley's "vamp slam". The Snow Witch attack is a counter move, in which the player is frozen if she's attacked.

Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 10, 2014, 07:14:13 PM »

Finished Up the IJI stage, basically, its level 1 of IJI with the wall blown out in the back, just to keep the stage from looking too boring.

Barkley's stage got tweaked a bit, it takes place in the "B-Ball Catacombs" where you can see the souls of fallen B-Ballers in the background.

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #294 on: April 10, 2014, 08:23:22 PM »

Such an amazing, awesome concept

You should totally throw in some Nitronic Rush, Facade, Warning Forever, Zineth, and/or Perspective references in there Smiley
The first three were my first freeware/indie/PC games and basically planted the seeds for my interest in indies. And Perspective and Zineth are just two of my favorite freeware games ever. So I hold those games in high regards

But either way, the fact that I can play as Iji and Trilby in the same game is so cool
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 03:41:10 AM by Christian » Logged

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
yaomon17
Level 1

https://twitter.com/YaomonKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #295 on: April 10, 2014, 08:45:15 PM »

Wow! A shame I did not see this post earlier. Definitely a cool idea to have a game with a bunch of indie characters and seeing another interpretation of them is also a very enlightening experience. Keep on going!

Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 11, 2014, 08:51:50 AM »

@Christian
Thanks! It's hard to say what I will or will not add to the game. I'm familiar with most of those games though.

@Yaomon
Will do!

Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 14, 2014, 04:57:05 PM »

'Magic Planet Snack' stage, the only stage with an active hazard currently.

'Yume Niki" stage

'Dishwasher' Stage tweaked

'Runman' stage 'Bliss Valley' tweaked

mushbuh
Level 9

Epic Laughs await you, traveler *tips steampunkhat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #298 on: April 14, 2014, 06:39:04 PM »

im glad there is a madotsuki

also not to be that guy that posts just to suggest a character, but a 'default unity capsule' could be funny

Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #299 on: April 16, 2014, 05:44:38 PM »

'Magic Planet Snack' stage, the only stage with an active hazard currently.

Oh!
His name is Mortimer by the way. :D

be sure to try to get the TV endings in MPS.
I can send over the base art if you need. :D

his maw is perfecto
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 05:50:37 PM by Ouren » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic