Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 04:09:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsIndie Action
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]
Print
Author Topic: Indie Action  (Read 53209 times)
Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: April 17, 2014, 07:31:05 AM »

Lol, Mortimer
Yeah the base art would definitly help Beer!

--------

Finished the 'Aquaria' stage, 'Energy Temple'. Takes place underwater. Don't ask how they can breath..

Finished the 'Cave Story' stage, 'Egg Corridor'

Finished the 'Final Stage', and part of the Final boss, which takes the form of various other indie game characters who aren't playable. Yet...

At "Base Level" this game is done

Stages are done, and characters are done. everything I'm doing now is just extra cheese aka polish. I'm working on things like stage hazards, ending screens for story mode, etc...

« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 08:33:22 AM by Garlicguy » Logged

Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 19, 2014, 09:06:00 AM »

I've been play testing this thing a lot. It does in fact support 4 players, if you were to plug in 4 controllers. Story mode is finished. I've done away with major glitches I've run into.

Should have this thing ready for download soon. Polish can always be added later.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 09:13:55 AM by Garlicguy » Logged

pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #302 on: April 19, 2014, 10:12:34 AM »

Looking forward to finally giving this a shot after watching it for so long.

Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #303 on: April 19, 2014, 05:03:36 PM »

Should have this thing ready for download soon. Polish can always be added later.

awwww yessssssssssss

Epileptic

Lol, Mortimer
Yeah the base art would definitly help Beer!

Finished the 'Final Stage', and part of the Final boss, which takes the form of various other indie game characters who aren't playable. Yet...

Emailed you the Magic Planet Snack stuff. Abra is lookin' great. :D
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 05:19:58 PM by Ouren » Logged

Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 23, 2014, 12:25:51 AM »

Scrapped Game Features Are Back (can be turned on, and off, in options menu)

You can decide weather or not to have the "Smash Bros -ish" camera pan/zoom.

(Turning off the zoom will allow old-school screen wrapping . Keeping the zoom on, will allow players to walk a bit outside the screen, again, like "Smash Bros".)

Blocking can be turned on or off.

--

I'm feeling a bit self conscious about releasing the game all of a sudden. The game does what it needs to do, for a freeware "fan game", but there's always room for improvement (which is probably why it's best to keep the polish as is). 

Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #305 on: April 23, 2014, 07:25:09 AM »

Scrapped Game Features Are Back (can be turned on, and off, in options menu)
Lovely! :D

I'm feeling a bit self conscious about releasing the game all of a sudden. The game does what it needs to do, for a freeware "fan game", but there's always room for improvement (which is probably why it's best to keep the polish as is). 

Nothing wrong with issuing patches :D
Desura is good about auto-patching, and I think Itch.io emails people.

pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #306 on: April 23, 2014, 11:53:03 AM »

Yeah, personally, I think it looks great and if you need a few patches, maybe even due to some bugs players find, that's always possible. It's a free fan-game so most people are going to be happy just to play such a game, I'm sure. Smiley

Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 23, 2014, 11:52:39 PM »

@Ouren
Yeah, I need to issue patches later on, I looked into Desura, but for the time being I've put the game on 'Game Jolt'.

@Johnki
Thanks Brah! 

-----

Download Ready

You can download the game here, tell me what you hate about, and I'll try to find the time to fix it.

Be as brutally honest as you want, I have character, and can take a beating, especially when it comes to criticism.

pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #308 on: April 24, 2014, 10:58:17 AM »

It seems to force me to play in a tiny, borderless window. Other than that, I don't have any specific impressions. Feels a lot like an indie Super Smash Bros which is cool.

I kind of wish that you died when falling off the bottom of a level when the zoom was turned on because it feels odd to me that you can wrap around the level vertically but not horizontally.

Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 24, 2014, 11:55:08 AM »

It seems to force me to play in a tiny, borderless window. Other than that, I don't have any specific impressions. Feels a lot like an indie Super Smash Bros which is cool.

I kind of wish that you died when falling off the bottom of a level when the zoom was turned on because it feels odd to me that you can wrap around the level vertically but not horizontally.

Noted. I thought the screen felt a bit tiny, I'll go with a 1280x960 option. The "ring out" system should have been enabled when the "zoom" function is turned on, I must have missed a line of code.

Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #310 on: April 24, 2014, 09:01:45 PM »

I have some feedback, I think this will be helpful Smiley

• Quit seems to freeze the binary... sometimes.
  • Please allow fullscreen!
  • My dualshcok 4 works perfectly in game, but not for the menus!
  • Players with controllers should be allowed to use the menus!
  • P1 and P2 should be allowed to use controllers, I couldn't find a way to make that work.
  • Pressing ESC in the game seems to close the whole program instead of bringing up a pause menu.
  • The level selection menu should loop around to the other side I think. That's just a polish thing though!
  • I don't know what Player 2's controls are supposed to be. Shocked

Overall, the problems I have right now are not with the core game, but are just with the things a lot of people have a hard time with — menus and controllers. Not to worry though, I know that's the least glamorous thing you can do, but it's also one of the most important things.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 07:54:22 AM by Ouren » Logged

Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 25, 2014, 03:35:48 PM »

Ah, most helpful!
I've fixed these problems
-Ring-outs are enabled when zoom is turned off.
-The game starts in full screen. You can switch between full screen, and windowed by pressing 'F4'.
-All Controllers work on the menu screen.
-player1 and 2 can use controllers, when there are 3 or 4 plugged in.(2 variables are what caused that to not happen before)
- pressing 'escape' only turns off the game from the menu screen. 'for this version, 'backspace' does this.
-A read me detailing the game controls will be in the zip file.(player 2 controls: 'O' is alternate jump, 'P' is attack, and movement = arrow keys)

Updated
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 06:30:02 PM by Garlicguy » Logged

Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #312 on: April 27, 2014, 11:25:24 AM »

Feedback from a remote friend:

• Controller cannot navigate any menu. (360 pad)
  • Jump mapping on the controller is weird. Consider mapping it to the lowest Face Button.
  • MPS Stage is cute!
  • On the dpad, you need to hit "Straight up" to jump, meaning you can't jump forward.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 11:37:43 AM by Ouren » Logged

Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 27, 2014, 11:48:52 AM »

Feedback from a remote friend:

• Controller cannot navigate any menu. (360 pad)
  • Jump mapping on the controller is weird. Consider mapping it to the lowest Face Button.
  • MPS Stage is cute!
  • On the dpad, you need to hit "Straight up" to jump, meaning you can't jump forward.

Awesome feedback, I'll work those controller issues. With the MPS stage being Cute, was that a request to make it darker?  Tongue

Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #314 on: April 27, 2014, 03:54:20 PM »

Awesome feedback, I'll work those controller issues. With the MPS stage being Cute, was that a request to make it darker?  Tongue

Nope!
Just that it's cute. :D

Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: April 30, 2014, 07:11:50 PM »

Ok, I fixed the controller issues, and fixed a few other bugs. download has not been updated yet

Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 15, 2014, 11:43:27 AM »

Updated the Controller functions
fixed a few more glitches
had to lose the zooming, caused the tiles to tear all of a sudden  Lips Sealed

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic